Page 1 of 31 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Orondo/Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #5

WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Orondo/Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #5

Please continue here.

Remember Hoppy's warning about TOS. Thread 4 has been pulled for review.

This is a victim friendly forum. Mackenzie's mom, dad and brothers are victim of this tragic situation. Please do not post any further information, especially private (divorce) information about this family.

All posters should take another look at the TOS and refresh their memories as to what is acceptable and what is not.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97021"]Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79876"]Terms of Service - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thanks,

Salem

Also - NO POEM Discussion!
    Last edited by Salem; 03-05-2010 at 12:09 AM.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

I think we all deserved that. On behalf of everyone Salem, we apologize...

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greydiggity For This Useful Post:

maybe that why I couldn't read thread 4 I thought I did something wrong guess I can't get caught up now lol

So I have been reading this trying to get caught up with everyone. I am a local as well. Not sure what too think It is rather suspicious though that JF has not been present to either the memorial or the funeral as far as I know

6. The Following User Says Thank You to geokain For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wenatcheeres View Post
    so people were posting specifics about WC & RC's divorce?
    Yes, I did (and I apologize Salem). I kept it to just the information that pertained to the restraining orders, but will not comment any further on them.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Moonsabove For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Please continue here.

Remember Hoppy's warning about TOS. Thread 4 has been pulled for review.

This is a victim friendly forum. Mackenzie's mom, dad and brothers are victim of this tragic situation. Please do not post any further information, especially private (divorce) information about this family.

All posters should take another look at the TOS and refresh their memories as to what is acceptable and what is not.

Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Terms of Service - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thanks,

Salem

Also - NO POEM Discussion!
    I totally respect what you're saying Salem but I am a little confused- I thought that the case stuff was alright to post since it was public information- am I wrong in thinking so? I read all of the etiquette forums and this is really not clear...

This whole case has gone quiet. I haven't been able to find anything worth/able to be posted here, so I've been off the board for a few days.
    "One Prairie Outpost I know how you feel, alone in the flatland between the dream and the real." - Carbon Leaf, One Prairie Outpost

If I remember correctly when Spillman comitted his murders to the poor Huffmans LE tailed him for 2 weeks and never mentioned that they had a POI in that case as well, so I'm not suprised when they comment on not having any suspects or POI in this case. Seems to be an affective tactic IMO

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaW View Post
    I totally respect what you're saying Salem but I am a little confused- I thought that the case stuff was alright to post since it was public information- am I wrong in thinking so? I read all of the etiquette forums and this is really not clear...
    That was my thought too. But I'm also new to WS.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Moonsabove For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by geokain View Post
    If I remember correctly when Spillman comitted his murders to the poor Huffmans LE tailed him for 2 weeks and never mentioned that they had a POI in that case as well, so I'm not suprised when they comment on not having any suspects or POI in this case. Seems to be an affective tactic IMO
    I played softball with Mandy Huffman. One of the girls on our softball team told us one day after Rita and Mandy were killed that her relative was a detective on the Spillman case and she told me where she was told he was living. I found it hard to believe that a "relative" would give that kind of information out when the public was told there were no suspects or POI at the time, but the hair on my neck stood up because I lived across the street from where the girl said Spillman lived. Sure as shi#$*#(. A couple of days later, Spillman was arrested EXACTLY where she said he lived. Her uncle was a detective on the case.

Details do get out....intentionally or not.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Moonsabove For This Useful Post:

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Moonsabove View Post
    I played softball with Mandy Huffman. One of the girls on our softball team told us one day after Rita and Mandy were killed that her relative was a detective on the Spillman case and she told me where she was told he was living. I found it hard to believe that a "relative" would give that kind of information out when the public was told there were no suspects or POI at the time, but the hair on my neck stood up because I lived across the street from where the girl said Spillman lived. Sure as shi#$*#(. A couple of days later, Spillman was arrested EXACTLY where she said he lived. Her uncle was a detective on the case.

Details do get out....intentionally or not.
    I'm not saying that details don't leak I'm just pointing out that I don't believe that LE has no POI in MC case

17. The Following User Says Thank You to geokain For This Useful Post:

I am new but I've been following this for awhile. I guess I'm a little confused as to why the entire thread was deleted? cant they just strike offending posts?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Dogdad For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by geokain View Post
    I'm not saying that details don't leak I'm just pointing out that I don't believe that LE has no POI in MC case
    I agree. It's a bit too quiet.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PaulR For This Useful Post:

I am just praying that this $40,000 reward helps find who did this to her. I have an awful feeling in my stomach that this case is going to go cold. How could investigators not have a POI at this point?? EVERY killer leaves evidence- there is no perfect crime scene. Whether it be a footprint, a hair, etc. I am very worried because the LE says they have nothing. That only makes them look bad. I'm sorry, but its true. Why is that LA girl's murderer already in prison? What is so different with this case?

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miss Optimism For This Useful Post:

I am new to WS, been spending the past few days getting caught up on all the threads. I have to say you are all great detectives and there are alot of very interesting(to say the least) theories on here.

I did not know MC, but it hit close to home because I have been going to crescent bar where my mom owns a home for the past few years. This is all very sad and I hope this person is brought to justice VERY soon!!!

I know we have a lot of newbies here - and welcome to you all.

Records may be public, but posting them on WS is not acceptable when a person has not been named as a POI or Suspect. We can post links to Reg. Sex Offender, and the links to the properties that are involved in the crime and the initials of who owns the property. That sort of thing. But never personal information on the victim's family unless LE or the MAIN stream media have reported that the family is a POI or suspect. Also, MINORS are always off limits unless they are the suspect - and that is a case by case basis, with Mod approval.

Remember that Mackenzie's family are all victims of this horrible crime. There has been NOTHING to tie them to the crime except speculation. We don't have the information that LE has. Putting such info out there on a public forum is hurtful. Yesterday we had 15 thousand visitors to this Website. That is 15 thousand - not 15 hundred - visitors, which doesn't include our members. That's a lot of folks reading information that has NO bearing on the case at this point in time.

Hope that helps everyone to understand.

Salem

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

I am so glad the reward has been increased!!

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nancee Drue For This Useful Post:

I am just praying that this $40,000 reward helps find who did this to her. I have an awful feeling in my stomach that this case is going to go cold. How could investigators not have a POI at this point?? EVERY killer leaves evidence- there is no perfect crime scene. Whether it be a footprint, a hair, etc. I am very worried because the LE says they have nothing. That only makes them look bad. I'm sorry, but its true. Why is that LA girl's murderer already in prison? What is so different with this case?
    I believe that if someone knows who did it that new reward will entice them to go to LE with information.

The suspect in Chelsea King's case is already arrested because he left DNA and having already had a record they were able to match it in the database. I'm sure they were able to get some evidence from MCs body, but it may not be someone with DNA on record, or the results are pending. I hate that some cases take so long for results and others can be rushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancee Drue View Post
    I am so glad the reward has been increased!!
    Sorry, I must have missed it. Can someone post the link regarding the reward increase? Thanks.

For what its worth I have a background in wireless triangulation if any new info comes up regarding cell use. Only mentioning because there seemed to be alot of confusion over location based on "pings"

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dogdad For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ChelanCountyMom View Post
    Sorry, I must have missed it. Can someone post the link regarding the reward increase? Thanks.
    I posted it on #4 shortly before it was pulled:
    http://www.komonews.com/news/local/86445887.html

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to armywife For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by armywife View Post
    I posted it on #4 shortly before it was pulled:
    http://www.komonews.com/news/local/86445887.html
    I wonder why our local newspapers or media have not mentioned this??? They need to get on the ball here locally. It's bad when non local media knows more and tells more than ours.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChelanCountyMom For This Useful Post:

Thank you Salem. It was getting out of hand in Thread 4....started to remind me of the WW, minus the bashers. I think we're all just looking for answers, but people need to remember we don't have many facts, everything is strictly assumptions.

RIP Mackenzie!

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ispywithmylittle_i For This Useful Post:

I have a question...well a statement and a question.

Someone posted on thread #4, that LE says they are the only people who know details about the case. Well, they probably know more details and facts than the general public. But, I think some of the rumors we all have heard could be true facts. Not everything...but some, for sure.

Do you think think some of what you have read here, or heard in town, could possibly be true?

You don't have to explain what info you think is factual and what is a rumor...just say yes, or no.

KOMO reported that local businesses have contributed to the reward. I hope we are let known what businesses so that all of us locals can show are support for what they have done.

41. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wenatcheeres For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nancee Drue View Post
    I have a question...well a statement and a question.

Someone posted on thread #4, that LE says they are the only people who know details about the case. Well, they probably know more details and facts than the general public. But, I think some of the rumors we all have heard could be true facts. Not everything...but some, for sure.

Do you think think some of what you have read here, or heard in town, could possibly be true?

You don't have to explain what info you think is factual and what is a rumor...just say yes, or no.
    I was the one who spoke with LE today. I was told that nobody except for who is directly working on the case knows any information. So that being said I was doubting some of the posts on here that stated they heard information directly from LE.

43. The Following User Says Thank You to wenatcheeres For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 31 1234567891011 ... LastLast