GUILTY Australia - Gurshan Singh Channa, 3, found dead near Melbourne, 4 March 2010

2goldfish

Reaction score
from the article

EVEN an in depth police interview lasting several hours with the parents of dead Gurshan Singh has failed to shed light on what happened.

The body of three-year-old Gurshan Singh was found near Melbourne Airport on Thursday night, about 30 kms from where the toddler disappeared from a house in Lalor six hours earlier.

The infant, who was on a three-month vacation in Australia with his parents, vanished while his mother, Hartreet Kaur Channa, was having a shower.

An autopsy failed to determine the cause of his death...

http://www.news.com.au/national/ind...elbourne-deepens/story-e6frfkvr-1225837566435

what a precious little boy...I hope they find out what happened to him.

So sad that toddlers around the world are dying 'mysteriously. :(

was he kidnapped & whoever did it realized they were raising suspicion at the airport, got paranoid & killed him? indicates to me that person knew the child would be able to identify them ...

I think unfortunately you will find the Parents have had something to do with this one.

could he have died of dehydration?

it's interesting to say the least that the autopsy couldnt determine the COD. they may be waiting on a tox screen? although I know a stangulation can be hard to determine in a toddler. the mom's story sounds kinda funny. I too think the parent (s) were involved.

A 23-YEAR-OLD Indian national has been charged with manslaughter due to criminal negligence following the death of three-year-old Gurshan Singh Channa.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/toddlers-death-housemate-charged-20100307-pqlu.html

If Dhillon wanted to dump little Gurshan, why couldn't he have just left him at a hospital, police station - or anywhere someone could have found him in time to save him??

Child-killing monsters live all over the world....makes me sick. literally.

tox screen on a toddler?

...dont they do that on anyone to see if drugs were in the system when they preform an autopsy for a sudden death etc?

I admit I dont know. I assumed they would check.

The parents of Gursewak Dhillon, who has been charged with manslaughter by criminal negligence over the death of three-year-old Gurshan Singh Channa in Melbourne, say he hit the toddler by mistake with his apartment door and panicked when the boy fell unconscious.

If he had had the courage to admit to this, instead of hiding facts, he wouldn’t be in such deep trouble, say the parents, holding the one-year-old daughter of Gursewak who lives with them at their Army Enclave house near Jalandhar Cantt. “He couldn’t hurt anyone... how could he kill a child?”

“Three days back, Gursewak told me on the phone that as he opened the main door to his residence in Mellbourne (sic), which he shared with 12 others, including parents of Gurshan, he hit the boy. He said he could not see from outside that Gurshan was standing next to the door, and the child got hit and fell unconscious,” says Dhillon

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/Gursewak-s-parents-say-he-hit-toddler-with-door--panicked/588945

Immigration officials are investigating claims that Gursewak Dhillon, the man charged with the manslaughter of a three-year-old Indian boy, is in Australia on a false passport.

The 23-year-old Indian national faced court yesterday charged with the manslaughter of Gurshan Singh Channa through criminal negligence.

Police have successfully opposed bail, claiming that the taxi driver was a flight risk.

The Department of Immigration confirmed yesterday that it was investigating allegations that he could be here illegally.

''Allegations have been made that the man charged is being investigated for possible immigration fraud,'' a department spokesman said.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/gurs...over-false-passport-claims-20100310-pw6m.html

So it looks like he 'panicked', killing the boy because he was worried his possible illegal status would become known if the boy was taken to hospital.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

So 12 people live in the place where Gurshan was supposedly hit with the door, right? Are they ALL illegal? Couldn't they find *someone* who could have taken him to the hospital? Why drive him and dump him in a field? Why not dump him where someone could find him and HELP the poor boy?!?!? :(

'How could he inflict such a painful death to my child', asks Gurshan Singh's mum

Three-year-old Indian toddler Gurshan Singh's mother has said that she was horrified by her boy's death and cannot understand how anyone could have hurt her little boy.

Speaking over the shocking incident, Harpreet Kaur Channa said: "How could the perpetrator not think that he was making such a small child the victim of such a big crime? How could he inflict such a painful death to my child? How would my child have borne that terrible death?"

"May God punish the person who perpetrated such a heinous crime," News.com.au quoted Harpreet, as saying.

More: http://sify.com/news/how-could-he-i...ngh-s-mum-news-international-kdlrEiaedci.html

did this guy notice barry's giving out free healthcare to illeagals instead of deporting them?

Parents take body of boy, three, home to India

The parents of a three-year-old Indian boy whose body was found dumped by the side of the road have left Australia after an emotional memorial service in Melbourne, reports said Sunday.

[snip]

At a service in Melbourne on Saturday, his mother Harpreet Kaur Channa choked back tears to speak of her heartbreak.

"This is a very tragic moment for all of us, and only time might heal this tragedy," she told about 35 mourners.

"We came to Australia for a better family life with our lovely young bubbly son Gurshan, but destiny had something else in mind and now we are going back without Gurshan's smile."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hRPir118o2qRzVnfrr1WB2thYK4A

snipped from the link:

Sim Kaur, 24, said Gurshan had been deeply upset his father had gone to the library without him.
"Before his father left for the library, he was crying to take him as well, but mother said, 'No, you will stay here'," she said.
"He was just wandering in the kitchen, in the rooms, shouting and, like, pulling down things."
Ms Kaur said Gurshan was a lively and active boy, and would often walk out the front door of the house, which was shared by eight adults.
She said she and Gurshan's mother were the only ones in the house when they realised the boy hadn't followed his father to the library.

Sim Kaur is the wife of Dhillon, so did she lie when she said that she and the mother were the only two people at the house. Did she not know that her husband was home? In later articles Dhillon claimed he accidentally hit the boy while opening the door of the house knocking him unconscious. I would think being hit by the door, or falling after being hit by the door would leave some kind of physical mark. Since the autopsy failed to find a cause of death I am having a hard time believing the door story. I wonder if it is more likely that the child was smothered and rendered unconscious in an attempt to stop his crying. Then Dhillon panicked thinking he had killed the child and disposed of the body not realizing that the child was still alive. JMO

3-year-old Gursharan cremated at home in Punjab

Hundreds of people from all walks of life today joined the funeral procession of three-year-old Gursharan Singh Channa, who was killed in Australia, as his mortal remains were consigned to flames.

The body, which was brought by the toddler's parents from Melbourne yesterday, was taken by the mourners from the parental house to Rambagh cremation ground after passing through the main streets of the town.

Apart from friends and relatives of the Channa family, locals, representatives of all major political parties, NGOs and senior officers of district administration were present to share the grief of his inconsolable parents - father Harjit Singh Channa and mother Harpreet Kaur. After the prayers by a Sikh cleric, the pyre was lit by Harjit.

http://www.ndtv.com/news/india/3-year-old-gursharan-cremated-at-home-in-punjab-17735.php

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back