745 users online (107 members and 638 guests)  

Websleuths News

Shy moose given assertiveness training

A Dutch zoo has given a shy young moose assertiveness training to help him fit in with the herd. Emmen Zoo recently bought Kenwood the moose from a zoo in Toronto, reports De Telegraaf.
    But when he was put in the mooses' enclosure he was immediately bullied by a female called Winya.

"She's a real *****," said biologist Agaath Kooi. "She ran after Kenwood and kicked and bit him wherever she could. And although Kenwood is much bigger than her, he let it all happen."

Kooi decided to take Kenwood out of the enclosure and put him in a barn with a big, friendly moose called Icmu to give him more self-confidence.

And, by the time Kenwood was ready to take his place again with the herd in the enclosure, he was a different moose.

Kooi added: "When Winya ran to him to give him a kick, he immediately kicked her back. Ever since Kenwood has gained respect from her."

Kenwood now runs around his field with his own harem of female mooses and zoo staff are waiting to see which he decides to mate with.

~~~~

Cute photo of the shy moose

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1015954.html

Moose

Where do I sign up ?

'England confides that every man will do his duty'".

LOL ~ sign up for assertiveness training or to have your own harem?

Harem

Harem of course, hey Cass just read on the forum about the reuinion and you planning to room with someone else !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh
    Harem of course, hey Cass just read on the forum about the reuinion and you planning to room with someone else !!!
    Hugh ~ you think you can squeeze in between poco and I in the King Size bed?

Bed

Well I am not qualified but I will have a go