South Korea - Kim Sa-rang, 3 mos, starved to death, Suwon, 24 Sept 2009

Vegas Bride

Reaction score
you have got to be kidding.

web addiction is the defense?

Poor baby....starved, all alone....no nurturing or love. :(

RIP in angels arms, little one :rose:

Ohhhhhhhh no. Poor baby. Poor, poor baby.

This I do not even begin to understand. Period.

You know, I had finally come to terms with the idea that people starve children for power. I don't understand it, but I could accept it. And then there's this one, which I can neither understand or accept. Are they that immature that they only care about things that demand no emotional investment? The new modern movement, freedom of choice gone crazy...I love you because I want to(virtual baby) not because you demand it and I comply(real baby). I hope they die. Nothing creative, just drop down dead in their tracks. As soon as possible.

I hope they too...........I'm serious. Senseless.

I'd be for the death penalty in child abuse/sex offender cases. This is how I feel.........can't help it.

I bet the the biggest regret for these two will be the loss of their video games -- not the death of their child, or the loss of their freedom, but that they can't live in video la-la land anymore.

:( One of the things I loved most about my babies was feeding time. Just holding them close and nursing/bottle feeding was.. well in a word; wonderful.

How a pixelated baby could ever be more attractive is beyond me. That poor baby alone and starving is just heartbreaking. Just when you think you've heard it all. :banghead:

There are no words. It happened in South Korea. You will fall down when you read about "the game" they were playing!!!!

As I said - there are no words.................

Reports: South Korean baby starves to death as parents are obsessed with online game

By Associated Press

8:53 a.m. EST, March 6, 2010

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — A South Korean couple addicted to an Internet game about raising a virtual child were arrested for neglecting their real 3-month-old daughter and letting her starve to death, news reports said.

more at link.................

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/nationworld/sns-ap-as-skorea-baby-death,0,321225.story

Just no words.......................................

I used to be addicted to the "online gaming" world. And then I had my son, and I haven't played the games I was addicted to at all... So this case makes no sense to me.

They didn't starve their child because of a computer addiction. They starved their baby because they are heartless evil people. People who could cruelly murder a baby.. i have no words for that.

This quote has nothing to do with a gaming addiction. I could never even imagine knowingly giving my child spoiled milk. Sick..
"The couple confessed they had fed the child rotten powdered milk and often spanked her, " from http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...al-child--let-real-daughter-starve-death.html

This would be funny if someone made it up but unfortunately it appears to be true:
A South Korean couple neglected their baby while being addicted to, of all things, a virtual childrearing game:

Web Addict Pair Jailed For Letting Baby Starve
1:08pm UK, Saturday May 29, 2010

Tim Hewage, Sky News Online

A South Korean couple have been jailed after their baby starved to death while they raised a virtual child online.

The husband, a 41-year-old taxi driver, and his 25-year-old wife were sentenced to two years in prison, but the woman's term was suspended because she is pregnant.

The couple were addicted to the game, which saw them act as virtual parents, spending an average of 10 hours a day at internet cafes while only feeding their daughter once a day.

The baby girl was severly neglected and was beaten for crying.

The couple only discovered their baby had died when they returned to their home in Suwon, South of Seoul last September, after having spent all night at an internet cafe.

Edit: forgot the link
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wo...arved_To_Death_While_They_Played_Games_Online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back