892 users online (131 members and 761 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 685
  1. #1

    Theories discussion: What could have happened to Haleigh ? #6

    Please take a minute to review this thread regarding basic forum rules: Important messages for 2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

    May Haleigh be found and we won't ever need another thread about this topic!

    Where are you, Haleigh?
    Last edited by KateB; 04-27-2015 at 10:15 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    1,262
    She could have been taken by one who was owed money/drugs.

    No one expected Ron to call 911...With his background.

  3. #3
    LoveEndsWar's Avatar
    LoveEndsWar is offline When someone is missing it is everyones business.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    486
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    She could have been taken by one who was owed money/drugs.

    No one expected Ron to call 911...With his background.
    After seeing what went down w/ the A's he couldn't really wait 31 days to report it.........

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    5,526
    I came across this old article and thought I should add it to the theory thread since some of the theories have been close to what Zandt is talking about.

    "Snip" http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/29221053/
    Clint Van Zandt, an NBC News consultant and former FBI profiler. ” Statistics show that after the first day a child is missing, hopes of finding her alive decrease dramatically. “They’re playing beat the clock, and right now the clock is winning,” Van Zandt told Gregory.

    “There is no evidence to indicate the little girl wandered out on her own,” Van Zandt continued. “Many times, we’ll find a child predator who will kidnap, assault and leave the victim nearby. They haven’t had that.”



    He said that the girl’s family are probably still suspects, but suggested that someone with a vendetta against the girl’s father could have abducted her. He said the family had been in the trailer home for only a short time, so it’s possible that someone came there looking for a former tenant.

    “They just moved into that trailer about three weeks ago, so someone could even have targeted a previous resident, or it could be some unknown child predator, but that’s tough,” Van Zandt said.

    “This is the middle of the night on a dark road in the middle of nowhere,” he added. “The idea that a predator would find that child that night within that small window of opportunity, I think that’s what challenges the sheriff’s office and everyone else involved.”



    Read more: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/29221053/#ixzz0hQippMgu

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,187
    I'm ruling out the oxycodone od. Junior would have seen something and been telling it, plus Misty could have talked by now and placed all the blame for it on Ron. It was his house and she'd been gone all weekend and might not know his drugs were around.

    Ruling out Ron hitting Haleigh. There would be some evidence in the home, plus Junior would have witnessed something and talked by now. He wasn't asleep very well that night, had a late nap, and it seems as if he was regularly kept up fairly late.

    My only theory is that Misty left the kids alone or took something to konk her out for sleep and someone who knew that she had done this came in and took Haleigh. Someone very well known to Misty and whose fingerprints and any hair or dna would be expected to be found in the home. Someone dressed all in black and probably on foot. The only question is about Haleigh's blanket. Was it there or taken.... and was it really washed ....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,662
    Does anyone know for sure if any of the other houses of relatives were even checked for Haleigh on Feb. 10th? And what about that sighting late in the evening on Feb 10th at a Goodwill store in North Augusta, SC? 3 adults and a little girl they called Haleigh buying clothes? Was that all a bunch of bologne or do we even know? Just wondering.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    West Coast of Fla.
    Posts
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    I'm ruling out the oxycodone od. Junior would have seen something and been telling it, plus Misty could have talked by now and placed all the blame for it on Ron. It was his house and she'd been gone all weekend and might not know his drugs were around.

    Ruling out Ron hitting Haleigh. There would be some evidence in the home, plus Junior would have witnessed something and talked by now. He wasn't asleep very well that night, had a late nap, and it seems as if he was regularly kept up fairly late.

    My only theory is that Misty left the kids alone or took something to konk her out for sleep and someone who knew that she had done this came in and took Haleigh. Someone very well known to Misty and whose fingerprints and any hair or dna would be expected to be found in the home. Someone dressed all in black and probably on foot. The only question is about Haleigh's blanket. Was it there or taken.... and was it really washed ....
    I read in the media links literally for hours yesterday. If I recall correctly the blanket that Haleigh was covered with was the one that was taken out to the ramp for the dogs to get her scent.
    Now I have a question about Haleigh and her bike... how can you ride or do wheelies on a bike with only one training wheel on it?
    In the video of when the trailer was released back to the family it shows a close up of the bike and I don't know how to link here.
    Last edited by donada; 03-07-2010 at 09:06 PM. Reason: spelling

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    She could have been taken by one who was owed money/drugs.

    No one expected Ron to call 911...With his background.
    This is what I have thought all along Ron & Misty OWED for something.......
    That is why the 911 call is soooo QUESTIONABLE!
    I think the call to police was also somewhat delayed, they were all freaked out.

    Maybe they tried to get her back themselves (all the phone calls RC made) TN showing up so fast w/ the photo?

    Misty's brother being over there to help maybe because they knew these druggies, RC was at work and needed help with this mess,

    For whatever reason RC & MC really fear pointing LE in the right direction.

    Do you think LE has been tracking certain drug dealers all this time, that's why it is so secret?
    JMO thanks

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,187
    I'd think if Ron or Misty owed someone for drugs that the whole family would have heard something and been scared half to death for their own safety. None of them seem afraid and Tommy got even more involved, hanging around going on drug buys and more on drugs. He didn't seem to be worried about the saftey of his own children or wife. Surely someone associated with drug dealers would have talked about a drug debt by now or Ron would have already killed people.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Right Here
    Posts
    5,352
    Quote Originally Posted by doobiedoo52 View Post
    Does anyone know for sure if any of the other houses of relatives were even checked for Haleigh on Feb. 10th? And what about that sighting late in the evening on Feb 10th at a Goodwill store in North Augusta, SC? 3 adults and a little girl they called Haleigh buying clothes? Was that all a bunch of bologne or do we even know? Just wondering.
    The statistics about the case said there were 644 sightings - all were checked out. [Apparently none were valid.] Published in on multiple media sites on 2/9/10.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,547
    It has been a year + since HaLeigh was first reported missing. Having watched & listened, over the past year, to all of the players (possible suspects) involved, I am ready to commit myself to A theory; Here goes...


    From the time that Ronald kicked Misty to the curb ( - her clothes) on Thursday, February 5, 2009, HaLeigh & Jr. were staying at GGS's in Welaka.

    HaLeigh & Jr. were not at the MH (202 Green Lane) on Sunday, February 8, 2009 when Misty returned (per/NayNay-following Misty's phone conversation w/Ronald, NayNay dropped Misty off at her brothers and Misty asked NayNay if she had a condom) with her tail between her legs and condom in hand.

    It had been arranged beforehand between Ronald & GGS's, for Ronald to go to GGS's in the morning (Monday, February 9, 2009) to take HaLeigh to school and to take Jr. home (to 202 Green Lane) to spend some time with him that day until he had to go to work. Teresa was supposed to arrive at Ron's, by the time he had to leave for work, to either watch HaLeigh & Jr. there at Ronald's until GGS's came by later to pick them up and take them back to her house or Teresa was supposed to bring them back to GGS's in Welaka.

    GGS's called Ronald Monday morning (2/9/09) and told him that HaLeigh was having a fit because she didn't have the outfit she wanted to wear to school that day - GGS's told Ronald to bring it with him when he came that morning to take HaLeigh to school.

    GGS's didn't know Misty "was back" in the picture until Ronald showed up with Misty in tow that morning - and she was not happy. Not only was GGS's mad at Misty for running around & cheating on Ronald; GGS's wasn't pleased about some things that HaLeigh & Jr. had recently told her about Misty's treatment toward them. GGS's told Ronald to leave Jr. there with her for the day instead of taking him back to Satsuma because Ron & Misty's relationship had been extremely volitile/explosive of late and she didn't want Jr. (or HaLeigh) caught in the middle of it...again.

    After Ronald & Misty left to take HaLeigh to school...

    GGS's called Teresa to tell her that Ronald had showed up with Misty and she kept Jr. there with her because she didn't want him getting caught in the middle of one of their fights...again. GGS's told Teresa that she'd only be picking HaLeigh up later that day, after she got out of school, and to bring her back to Welaka. (to GGS's)

    Behind the scene, but still at play, are unresolved issues between GGS's & Teresa...
    Teresa (still) resents her mother for interfering when Ronald & Crystal were young. TN, rather than looking back on the situation honestly and being grateful that her Mother & Father were there for her kids when she couldn't be the mother that they needed, transfers her own feelings onto the current situation with GGS's & Ronald/HaLeigh/Jr. TN can't hear (or see) the legitimate reasons for GGS's concerns because she sees it as a repeat/replay of GGS's taking over with Ronald's kids - just like she did to her.
    Because Teresa doesn't except responsibility for dating and/or bringing home abusive/addicted men; men who did not have her and her children's best interest at heart, she feels that GGS's just never approved of her choices and ultimately robbed her of the opportunity to have a real family of her own; with her, her children and a man, and she was not going to let GGS's do the same to Ron.

    Now back to Ronald...
    Granted, Ronald had spent the night/had sex with Misty but to Ron, who was still irate at Misty, it was nothing more than a grudge_uck. He didn't want Misty moving back in and taking care of HaLeigh & Jr. just yet. Teresa called Ron that day but Misty wasn't there at that time; she'd gone to see her Dad in the hospital. Ron tells Teresa he'd like to get to work a little early that day and asks her if she could be there to pick HaLeigh up at the bus stop so he doesn't have to wait around until then. Teresa tells Ron that she'll be there to get her. Later, Teresa remembers she has an appointment and she won't be able to get there in time to pick HaLeigh up at the bus stop so she calls Misty. Misty isn't sure it's such a good idea (Teresa fails to see a problem with it because R & M spent the night together... She sees it as "No big deal" and fails to understand that just because her son had sex with her didn't mean he wanted to go "back to business as usual"). Misty tells Teresa if it's okay with Ron, she'll do it but Teresa doesn't want to call Ron back and pizz him all off when she tells him she forgot she had an appointment that day... so she offers Misty money to do it but Misty doesn't want the money. Then Teresa "reminds" Misty that Ronald won't even be home. He'll already have left for work and it will only be for 15-20 minutes til she gets there to get HaLeigh. Besides, Teresa tells Misty, she trusts her even if GGS's doesn't...

    *Who was supposed to pick HaLeigh up at the bus stop?
    Teresa
    *Who actually picked HaLeigh up at the bus stop?
    Misty
    *Was Ron seen at the bus stop too?
    Yep

    Ronald didn't end up leaving for work early as he had planned. Maybe he fell asleep and woke up late (whatever the case may be). When he does head out to work and drives by the bus stop, he sees HaLeigh getting into a vehicle and driving off with Misty - not Teresa. Ron goes after Misty. HaLeigh didn't want to be with Misty anymore: Ron knew it, GGS's knew it - and Misty knew it. Teresa just attributed it all to GGS's interference in Ron's life -just like she did to her.

    At some point Misty and Ronald pulled onto a dirt road - the chase came to an end but...

    During the chase, HaLeigh was freaking out and bumped her head...
    During the chase, HaLeigh freaked out and let herself out of her seatbelt; when Misty came to a sudden stop, HaLeigh was thrust forward, causing internal abdominal and/or head injuries...
    HaLeigh was not taken to a hospital for treatment initially because the seriousness of her unjury/ies wasn't recognized - When they finally were, the fear of Ronald losing custody outweighed taking HaLeigh to an ER for treatment. HaLeigh's condition worsened and she succumbed to her injury/ies.

    Some have said that if more than a couple people knew what happened to HaLeigh than at least one person out of the group would talk - I disagree, at least in this case.

    Ronald & Misty wouldn't talk ~
    TN & GGS's wouldn't talk (If TN had only been at the bus stop that day...) ~
    A licensed nurse wouldn't talk (unless she wants to lose her license for not calling 911 at that time) ~
    Timmy & Chelsea wouldn't talk ~

    Who gets thrown under the bus?
    The two that, albeit are crooks, were not however, involved in this particular crime.
    ETA: When (or by the time that) Tommy went over to the MH, HaLeigh wasn't there.

    *This is a theory - not to be confused with fact.
    Last edited by nomoresorrow; 03-14-2010 at 02:37 AM. Reason: ETA additional comment

  12. #12
    Thank you for pulling up this thread again! I think a lot of the threads are turning into theories again and this is the place for them.

    Interesting post, Nomoresorrow!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by nomoresorrow View Post
    It has been a year + since HaLeigh was first reported missing. Having watched & listened, over the past year, to all of the players (possible suspects) involved, I am ready to commit myself to A theory; Here goes...
    Quote Originally Posted by nomoresorrow View Post


    From the time that Ronald kicked Misty to the curb ( - her clothes) on Thursday, February 5, 2009, HaLeigh & Jr. were staying at GGS's in Welaka.

    HaLeigh & Jr. were not at the MH (202 Green Lane) on Sunday, February 8, 2009 when Misty returned (per/NayNay-following Misty's phone conversation w/Ronald, NayNay dropped Misty off at her brothers and Misty asked NayNay if she had a condom) with her tail between her legs and condom in hand.

    It had been arranged beforehand between Ronald & GGS's, for Ronald to go to GGS's in the morning (Monday, February 9, 2009) to take HaLeigh to school and to take Jr. home (to 202 Green Lane) to spend some time with him that day until he had to go to work. Teresa was supposed to arrive at Ron's, by the time he had to leave for work, to either watch HaLeigh & Jr. there at Ronald's until GGS's came by later to pick them up and take them back to her house or Teresa was supposed to bring them back to GGS's in Welaka.

    GGS's called Ronald Monday morning (2/9/09) and told him that HaLeigh was having a fit because she didn't have the outfit she wanted to wear to school that day - GGS's told Ronald to bring it with him when he came that morning to take HaLeigh to school.

    GGS's didn't know Misty "was back" in the picture until Ronald showed up with Misty in tow that morning - and she was not happy. Not only was GGS's mad at Misty for running around & cheating on Ronald; GGS's wasn't pleased about some things that HaLeigh & Jr. had recently told her about Misty's treatment toward them. GGS's told Ronald to leave Jr. there with her for the day instead of taking him back to Satsuma because Ron & Misty's relationship had been extremely volitile/explosive of late and she didn't want Jr. (or HaLeigh) caught in the middle of it...again.

    After Ronald & Misty left to take HaLeigh to school...

    GGS's called Teresa to tell her that Ronald had showed up with Misty and she kept Jr. there with her because she didn't want him getting caught in the middle of one of their fights...again. GGS's told Teresa that she'd only be picking HaLeigh up later that day, after she got out of school, and to bring her back to Welaka. (to GGS's)

    Behind the scene, but still at play, are unresolved issues between GGS's & Teresa...
    Teresa (still) resents her mother for interfering when Ronald & Crystal were young. TN, rather than looking back on the situation honestly and being grateful that her Mother & Father were there for her kids when she couldn't be the mother that they needed, transfers her own feelings onto the current situation with GGS's & Ronald/HaLeigh/Jr. TN can't hear (or see) the legitimate reasons for GGS's concerns because she sees it as a repeat/replay of GGS's taking over with Ronald's kids - just like she did to her.
    Because Teresa doesn't except responsibility for dating and/or bringing home abusive/addicted men; men who did not have her and her children's best interest at heart, she feels that GGS's just never approved of her choices and ultimately robbed her of the opportunity to have a real family of her own; with her, her children and a man, and she was not going to let GGS's do the same to Ron.

    Now back to Ronald...
    Granted, Ronald had spent the night/had sex with Misty but to Ron, who was still irate at Misty, it was nothing more than a grudge_uck. He didn't want Misty moving back in and taking care of HaLeigh & Jr. just yet. Teresa called Ron that day but Misty wasn't there at that time; she'd gone to see her Dad in the hospital. Ron tells Teresa he'd like to get to work a little early that day and asks her if she could be there to pick HaLeigh up at the bus stop so he doesn't have to wait around until then. Teresa tells Ron that she'll be there to get her. Later, Teresa remembers she has an appointment and she won't be able to get there in time to pick HaLeigh up at the bus stop so she calls Misty. Misty isn't sure it's such a good idea (Teresa fails to see a problem with it because R & M spent the night together... She sees it as "No big deal" and fails to understand that just because her son had sex with her didn't mean he wanted to go "back to business as usual"). Misty tells Teresa if it's okay with Ron, she'll do it but Teresa doesn't want to call Ron back and pizz him all off when she tells him she forgot she had an appointment that day... so she offers Misty money to do it but Misty doesn't want the money. Then Teresa "reminds" Misty that Ronald won't even be home. He'll already have left for work and it will only be for 15-20 minutes til she gets there to get HaLeigh. Besides, Teresa tells Misty, she trusts her even if GGS's doesn't...

    *Who was supposed to pick HaLeigh up at the bus stop?
    Teresa
    *Who actually picked HaLeigh up at the bus stop?
    Misty
    *Was Ron seen at the bus stop too?
    Yep

    Ronald didn't end up leaving for work early as he had planned. Maybe he fell asleep and woke up late (whatever the case may be). When he does head out to work and drives by the bus stop, he sees HaLeigh getting into a vehicle and driving off with Misty - not Teresa. Ron goes after Misty. HaLeigh didn't want to be with Misty anymore: Ron knew it, GGS's knew it - and Misty knew it. Teresa just attributed it all to GGS's interference in Ron's life -just like she did to her.

    At some point Misty and Ronald pulled onto a dirt road - the chase came to an end
    Quote Originally Posted by nomoresorrow View Post
    but...

    During the chase, HaLeigh was freaking out and bumped her head...
    During the chase, HaLeigh freaked out and let herself out of her seatbelt; when Misty came to a sudden stop, HaLeigh was thrust forward, causing internal abdominal and/or head injuries...
    HaLeigh was not taken to a hospital for treatment initially because the seriousness of her unjury/ies wasn't recognized - When they finally were, the fear of Ronald losing custody outweighed taking HaLeigh to an ER for treatment. HaLeigh's condition worsened and she succumbed to her injury/ies.

    Some have said that if more than a couple people knew what happened to HaLeigh than at least one person out of the group would talk - I disagree, at least in this case.

    Ronald & Misty wouldn't talk ~
    TN & GGS's wouldn't talk (If TN had only been at the bus stop that day...) ~
    A licensed nurse wouldn't talk (unless she wants to lose her license for not calling 911 at that time) ~
    Timmy & Chelsea wouldn't talk ~

    Who gets thrown under the bus?
    The two that, albeit are crooks, were not however, involved in this particular crime.
    ETA: When (or by the time that) Tommy went over to the MH, HaLeigh wasn't there.

    *This is a theory - not to be confused with fact.
    great post!
    bolded I agree with
    thanks!
    Last edited by whovillebaby; 03-14-2010 at 03:24 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,756
    Nomoresorrow...

    That is a really good theory! IMO, that is why TN went into coverup mode with her son and teenage girlfriend. I believe they all played a part in whatever happened to Haleigh. That could be the reasoning behind the "you think she will talk" statement TN made to Ron in jail. IMO, she sounded really strange asking that question. It didn't sound like TN was asking that question concerned they could put an end to this charade and would find out what happened to Haleigh but rather her asking that question as if she was "scared" Misty would talk and tell what she knows. Weird....

    I wouldn't be surprised if something happened to Haleigh on TN's watch not Misty's. It's funny that we just recently heard about Misty being bribed to babysit. Wonder why we didn't hear about that in the beginning? IMO, things are starting to unravel fast and TN seems to be more nervous than Ron and Misty. JMO

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    129
    [QUOTE=txsvicki;4895532]I'd think if Ron or Misty owed someone for drugs that the whole family would have heard something and been scared half to death for their own safety. None of them seem afraid and Tommy got even more involved, hanging around going on drug buys and more on drugs. He didn't seem to be worried about the saftey of his own children or wife. Surely someone associated with drug dealers would have talked about a drug debt by now or Ron would have already killed people.[/QUOTE]

    JMO they are associated with drug dealers and are scared of them....
    which is why they are so tight lipped and watching each other.
    they are at times too stoned to see reality.
    the bolded part, "not necessarily" I was around drug dealers with my daughters father and grandfather years ago (from michigan to florida).
    Drug runners are more afraid of dealers then LE anyday, guaranteed!
    I lived around drug dealing for 5 years, I am a good person, come from a great family, and it was too intense for me. I got the heck away from that mess.
    I was young like Misty, had a baby girl and was scared most of the time.
    I never did anything bad, but heard and saw plenty of BIG money, BIG time drugs (alot of cocaine).
    Glad I chose the high road for myself and my daughter (now in college) no help from them and all of their easy money!
    IMO Ron choose this lifestyle, and Haleigh was caught up in it!

    P.S. my EX was considered a money man, he did not run drugs, but collected money. his father was the money source "Italian mafia".
    All I am saying is there are many titles or job positions in the drug business. The only time I know they touched the drugs was when they were using. Otherwise there were low life drug runners for transport "selling" the product.
    Anyone is at risk though, I was very uncomfortable those 5 years.
    I had alot of nice things, heck...... anything I wanted, including vacations, but I would rather struggle and live an honest life!
    Since I left I have had to fight for child support (he has rarely paid) because I left that family. In their minds I crossed them!
    I was totally cut out!
    Last edited by whovillebaby; 03-14-2010 at 05:43 AM.

Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1120
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 01:46 AM
  2. Theories discussion: What could have happened to Haleigh? #4
    By mysticrose in forum Haleigh Cummings
    Replies: 1190
    Last Post: 01-25-2010, 03:33 PM
  3. Theories discussion: What could have happened to Haleigh? #3
    By Tom'sGirl in forum Haleigh Cummings
    Replies: 1858
    Last Post: 11-18-2009, 08:21 PM
  4. Theories on what happened to Haleigh #2
    By Tom'sGirl in forum Haleigh Cummings
    Replies: 859
    Last Post: 07-19-2009, 07:52 PM
  5. Theories on what happened to Haleigh
    By kiki the parrot in forum Haleigh Cummings
    Replies: 1093
    Last Post: 04-16-2009, 04:40 PM

Tags for this Thread