Amber and Chelsea Case Similarities

bllbll

Reaction score
we're fairly new to the area, but if it is a preference of JAG to hide body or take to park, is Dixon area more likely in Amber case?

lets look at this more closely.

we're fairly new to the area, but if it is a preference of JAG to hide body or take to park, is Dixon area more likely in Amber case?
Welcome to Websleuths, bllbll! Good thinking! Here are some photos of Dixon Lake, which is 3.31 miles from Escondido High, where Amber was last seen:

http://www.ci.escondido.ca.us/glance/lakes/dixon/index.html

1700 North La Honda Drive
Escondido, CA 92027

dixonphoto.jpg
dixonfishphoto.jpg
dixon-1.jpg
Dixon2.gif
Dixon3_2.gif

* Dixon Lake is open year-round. Gates open at 6:00 a.m. daily; park closes at dusk. Night fishing is available during the summer months.

* Entry Fee — Weekends, Holidays & Special Events Only
DAY USE Per Car / Van / Motorcycle $5.00

* No swimming, wading, or bodily contact with the water.[/I]

> map of public picnic areas:
http://www.ci.escondido.ca.us/glance/lakes/dixon/picnic/map.html

I haven't found anything on the scanner thread about a sports bra being found, can someone tell me what post # that was or wear that came from? Found the sweatshirt (NOT the same color as Amber's), so unless they found more than once the sweatshirt found is no connection to Amber. Found where they were talking about the shoe, found where they were talking sunglasses being found.

I haven't found anything on the scanner thread about a sports bra being found, can someone tell me what post # that was or wear that came from? Found the sweatshirt (NOT the same color as Amber's), so unless they found more than once the sweatshirt found is no connection to Amber. Found where they were talking about the shoe, found where they were talking sunglasses being found.
BBM
I'm a bit puzzled by LE's mad dash to drain that pond at Kit Carson Park, and their willingness to try to connect Gardner to Amber's disappearance. I understand the media wanting to doing it; heck, it was one of my first thoughts, too, when I looked at a map of Gardner's last knowns. But, we've (the public) been told that there isn't any evidence of Amber's whereabouts at all. A 9-month old sighting of a bag of hair, which was not even reported to police until Chelsea King was found murdered, seems a thin thread indeed. I hope LE has more than that!

BBM
I'm a bit puzzled by LE's mad dash to drain that pond at Kit Carson Park, and their willingness to try to connect Gardner to Amber's disappearance. I understand the media wanting to doing it; heck, it was one of my first thoughts, too, when I looked at a map of Gardner's last knowns. But, we've (the public) been told that there isn't any evidence of Amber's whereabouts at all. A 9-month old sighting of a bag of hair, which was not even reported to police until Chelsea King was found murdered, seems a thin thread indeed. I hope LE has more than that!

I am hoping they do, as well (and I think that they do.) I think two girls missing within a year of each other from within the same general area would absolutely be enough for LE to assume he had something to do with Amber's disappearance, especially given the close proximity of his residence to her school, her age and his previous conviction for what occured after he picked up a girl of the same age on her way to school. I think the relative that was on the radio program also may have eluded to the fact that LE may have a definitive link between the two (I haven't listened to it but I think someone posted to that effect.)

In the sick mind of a rapist.............young, beautiful,athletic,virgin and disease free

An article from Fox News about how the two cases were handled differently.

Two Missing Teen Cases in California Show Not All Cases Treated Same

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,588256,00.html?test=latestnews

Chelsea's King BMW was from 1994. Not exactly a new very expensive car.
So I am not sure that her family is that well off, or that that had anything to do with anything.
Amber's gone missing but no one saw anything suspicious. With Chelsey, they knew she was running in the park, her car was still there, so that probably made a big difference.

It probably also becomes a financial issue with LE when they can't find any evidence. At some point the question would become "is it a good use of resources to search when there is no evidence of a crime?". In Chelsea's case it was clear that something had happened to her and more or less where it happened, but in Amber's case it wasn't that clear.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...nt-in-Amber-Dubois-Case-Sources-86763297.html

Major Development in Amber Dubois Case: Sources

More than one year after the disappearance of Escondido teen Amber Dubois, sources say there has been a major development in the case.

Investigators have scheduled a 3.30 p.m. news conference regarding Amber's case but would not reveal any other details.

Amber was last seen walking on Feb. 13, 2009 with a man about 200 yards from Escondido High School. She was 14-years old at the time.

Source: Major Development in Amber Dubois Case: Sources | NBC San Diego

It is not official but I am hearing rumors that Amber's body has been found in Riverside County....

Omg! Anyone hear any news of the conference? Did I Miss it? Major development must be big news! How far is riverside from where Chelsea was found? Thanks

Amber's grandmother said today she is a very said grandmother.
My heart breaks for Chelsea's & Amber's family and friends. At least they will have some closure if they located Amber's body. Rip angels

Omg! Anyone hear any news of the conference? Did I Miss it? Major development must be big news! How far is riverside from where Chelsea was found? Thanks

I think it's Ca time so it should be starting right about now.

I can't get either one...anyone have a different link?

Got in. Sad.

Best-
Herding cats

Amber's skeletal remains were found on Saturday and identified throught dental records. Some confusion as to where as the man kinda mumbled. Pala or Poway or something. Still trying to confirm. If it is Pala, San Diego that is very close to lake Elsinore.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back