The Clothes

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
Let's discuss the clothes that were found.

Only things I've heard from LE are the underwear (no detail description - just "underwear") and a shoe (no detail description on that either). Then LE said they linked him to Chelsea by HIS DNA in the underwear. LE followed that up by adding that the DNA was his seman.

Anybody heard of any more clothes?

Only things I've heard from LE are the underwear (no detail description - just "underwear") and a shoe (no detail description on that either). Then LE said they linked him to Chelsea by HIS DNA in the underwear. LE followed that up by adding that the DNA was his seman.

Anybody heard of any more clothes?

There was one report of HER DNA being found on HIS clothes. I wondered at the time if this was accurate or just sloppy journalism?

let me know if this is not a relevant topic or if it should be more encompassing, like
"known evidence"

I am still catching up.

No JBean - this is VERY relevant - we know stuff was found but LE is being very tight lipped about what and where and the who and the how - KWIM?

I've also heard "talk" about a sports bra - no confirmation, no detail and just totally rumor. Haven't heard any media ask specifically about a sports bra either.

The scanner thread may be able to reveal what we heard about some clothing found the day the body was found.

IIRC 2 shoes were found......1 on a trail and 1 near her body...belonging to Chelsea.

I would be curious as to whether what they found was her underpants or they were running shorts with the built-in underwear as most runners would typically wear. If she was wearing underwear and then shorts on top of them, where are the shorts? Was she also wearing a t-shirt that day? Are there unaccounted for items that she had on?

I would be curious as to whether what they found was her underpants or they were running shorts with the built-in underwear as most runners would typically wear. If she was wearing underwear and then shorts on top of them, where are the shorts? Was she also wearing a t-shirt that day? Are there unaccounted for items that she had on?

You are on the right path. Because Chelsea was a regular runner, we can assume she wore running gear - nice shoes, some type of running shorts. Also, young females track / X-country team runners usually always wear a sports bra (this assumes a normal breast size, which I assume 17-year old Chelsea was). In winter months, the ladies wear t-shirts over. So finding these items would be no surprise.

I would think getting these clothes off an unwilling participant would be tricky?

Two weeks till the LA Marathon.

Assuming this was a girl who was very serious about running we could even surmise the running clothes had some compression, and the shoes were pretty snug to the foot. Compression shirts ,leggings, and shorts can make distance running more comfortable, and professionally fitted running shoes completely hug your foot. Good quality running gear does not come off easily from my personal experience.

I've been running for 5 years, up to 15 miles a day and I have never owned those shorts.

Assuming this was a girl who was very serious about running we could even surmise the running clothes had some compression, and the shoes were pretty snug to the foot. Compression shirts ,leggings, and shorts can make distance running more comfortable, and professionally fitted running shoes completely hug your foot. Good quality running gear does not come off easily from my personal experience.

I stated the same in the original general thread. I run, I have to tie my shoes in double knots to keep them from untying. Also I probably even moreso than the shoes, IF there was a sports bra found I do not know how easily that came off- they are like a wrestling match to get on in the first place.

That is SO true about a sports bra. In my experience it would definitely not come off without twisting the person wearing it into unnatural positions. Those things are like straightjackets sometimes as you are taking them off.

That is SO true about a sports bra. In my experience it would definitely not come off without twisting the person wearing it into unnatural positions. Those things are like straightjackets sometimes as you are taking them off.

They also make sports bras that zip in the front or clasp in the back which wouldn't be that difficult to remove. I do agree that it would be more difficult to remove an over the head sports bra without using brute force, cutting or tearing it off.

They also make sports bras that zip in the front or clasp in the back which wouldn't be that difficult to remove. I do agree that it would be more difficult to remove an over the head sports bra without using brute force, cutting or tearing it off.

I have 4 drawers of running clothes. I just did a check and I own different styles of sports bras but all are of the pull over the head variety/ whether they are bra length or longer. All said and done- 26 different bras, all pull overs I bet hers were this typs as well.

I have 4 drawers of running clothes. I just did a check and I own different styles of sports bras but all are of the pull over the head variety/ whether they are bra length or longer. All said and done- 26 different bras, all pull overs I bet hers were this typs as well.

WOW! That is A LOT of sports bras! :dance: You are probably right but you never know.

I hate to even think of what this girl went through...seriously it makes me physically ill to imagine the horror of it all.

I would be willing to bet that he did not take the time to remove a sports bra (if she was wearing one), unless he had rendered her unconscious first. UNLESS he really did have a knife with him and he removed it that way. :furious:

In the scanner thread I remember some sunglasses were found and IIRC, two hoodies were mentioned; one gray and one black.

Unless someone is holding a knife to their throat and asking them to remove their clothes :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back