Warning: may be offensive. Don't shave while driving, seriously.

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
:puke:

Linky

No really, :puke:

mug_Barnes.jpg

Driving while shaving private parts causes accident
Posted by Barbara Hijek on March 6, 2010 11:15 AM

We all know the dangers of driving while texting or talking on a cell phone. Now Florida Keys law enforcement officers add a new caution: Don't try to shave your privates while driving, either.

Florida Highway Patrol troopers say a two-vehicle on Cudjoe Key was caused by a 37-year-old woman driver who was shaving her bikini area while her ex-husband took the wheel from the passenger seat, reports keysnews.com.

It wasn't a close shave -- it was a total wreck.

"She said she was meeting her boyfriend in Key West and wanted to be ready for the visit," Trooper Gary Dunick said. "If I wasn't there, I wouldn't have believed it. About 10 years ago I stopped a guy in the exact same spot ... who had three or four syringes sticking out of his arm. It was just surreal and I thought, 'Nothing will ever beat this.' Well, this takes it."

Ex-husband?! :waitasec: Going to see boyfriend?! :waitasec:

I'd really like to hear how all this is being explained to the insurance company!! Do you think her rates will rise?
Can you imagine being the driver of the other car and people asking you about the accident, no one would believe you lol

VB

Perhaps a little razor nick on impact but otherwise no serious injuries. Can you imagine the evidence collected for this case?:eek:

"As authorities nationwide warn motorists of the dangers of driving while texting, Florida Keys law enforcement officers add a new caution: Don't try to shave your privates, either.:doh:

"Florida Highway Patrol troopers say a two-vehicle crash Tuesday at Mile Marker 21 on Cudjoe Key was caused by 37-year-old driver, Megan Mariah Barnes, who was shaving her bikini area while her ex-husband took the wheel from the passenger seat.

"She said she was meeting her boyfriend in Key West and wanted to be ready for the visit," Trooper Gary Dunick said. "If I wasn't there, I wouldn't have believed it..../snipped/...." :waitasec:
http://keysnews.com/node/21349

..../snipped/... was allegedly not supposed to be driving. According to the report, she had been convicted the day before of DUI with a prior and driving with a suspended license.

Barnes is charged with driving with a revoked license, reckless driving, leaving the scene of a wreck with injuries and driving with no insurance. Her passenger was not charged.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/weird/030510-Driver-Crashes-While-Shaving-Genitals

No, not drunk, just really stupid. Being a Southern California beach girl (by birth), I'm always relieved when it's not a ditsy valley girl getting the publicity.

I wonder if this ever happens in Fargo?

Barnes is charged with driving with a revoked license, reckless driving, leaving the scene of a wreck with injuries and driving with no insurance.

Classy. You can see that "she" is foremost on her mind. Not other drivers.

I have a student who has been driving without her license since fall. I've complained, but I guess there is nothing they (administrators?) can do. Maybe there ought to be a bracelet (like a house arrest bracelet) that people with revoked licenses wear that alarms when they get behind the wheel of a car. Obviously the act of taking the license away physically means nothing.

I think I would be far to worried about slicing an artery to ever try that!!!

No, not drunk, just really stupid. Being a Southern California beach girl (by birth), I'm always relieved when it's not a ditsy valley girl getting the publicity.

I wonder if this ever happens in Fargo?

Not shaving the bikini area, but I think there have been several accidents related to de-icing the bikini area while driving in Fargo. :crazy:

I thinkI would be far to worried about slicing an artery to ever try that!!!

or something even more important!!!!!

the comments at the news links are wildly funny

ETA: I specifically had in mind when I posted the thread about this..... I predict he will come uo with at least 2 more riotous comments..... he's a smooth character

Not quite a smooth criminal.

Perhaps this should be moved to the Political Pavilion, so the usual suspects can proclaim it's all Bush's fault.

Are you trying to get the word "bush" slipped in to this story eh ?

Did anyone who saw her photo think she was at least in her late 60's? When I read she is only 37, it was hard to believe.

Really, while your driving? Has anyone ever shaved that area dry? Not a good idea, any of you ladies who have had a baby knows that pain! She really couldn't reserve 5 min at home to do that? And the ex husband was with her. What kind of people are they?

Really, while your driving? Has anyone ever shaved that area dry? Not a good idea, any of you ladies who have had a baby knows that pain! She really couldn't reserve 5 min at home to do that? And the ex husband was with her. What kind of people are they?

Isn't it obvious? :loser:

Dry shaving HURTS! Pretty much in any area. And wouldn't you want to do it before hand so you don't have razor burn or bumps?

Not quite a smooth criminal.

Perhaps this should be moved to the Political Pavilion, so the usual suspects can proclaim it's all Bush's fault.

Ohhh you are sooooo baaaad. and I love it.

Oh no, she must have missed her date. :crystal ball:

This story gives a whole new meaning to the term "bushwhacked"...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back