Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha

California Dept. of Mental Health Illegally Releases 17 Thousand Sex Offenders

Marc Klaas is representing Whistle Blowers in California who work for the Department of Mental Health.

There is a law on the books that requires all violent sex offenders, before they are let out of prison to be examined, in person, by two psychiatrists. Then they decide whether the offender should be committed civilly and held in as mental health facility until the time comes when they are no longer a danger to society.

The law is called "Jessica's Law."

The D.M.H. decided, on their own, to cut costs and have one shrink read the paper work on the violent sex offenders scheduled for release.

One psychiatrist goes over the offenders paperwork and from that decides if they should be let go into society.

Because of the violation of state law over 17 thousand sex offenders have been released in California in the past few years. No one knows how many of them would have been civilly committed and still be locked up.

One of these released felons kidnapped, raped and killed a 14 year old girl within 4 days of being released.

Concerned employees of the D.M.H. in California have tried repeatedly to get their bosses and the attorney general to listen their complaint.

The Department of Mental Health in California is breaking the specific law and allowing thousands of violent sex offenders TO GO FREE. All because they wanted to cut corners and save a few bucks.

They can't. It is against the law for them to do this and Marc Klaas is going to make damn sure something is done about it.

Marc explained this situation on the Mike Huckabee show on Fox News tonight. If someone finds the segment on YouTube please post the link here.

I have been provided with the letters written by the Whistle Blowers containing the information about the California Department of Mental Health.

First letter is to the State Attorney General's Office. Please click on the thumbnail to read.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Tricia; 03-07-2010 at 05:08 AM.

Tricia Griffith
    triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

Second letter is to the State Auditor.

Tricia Griffith
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

And finally we have the State Auditor's response;

Tricia Griffith
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

You have read the information. Now please understand this;

Not one thing has been done about this problem. Here we have solid black and white proof of the California Department of Mental Health breaking the law (which resulted in the death of a young girl at the hands of a released predator) and nobody does a thing. NOTHING.

You can bet your behind that if Brittney Spears complains about the paparazzi following her too closely she'll get action. Someone will pay attention to her complaints.

But I guess when the California Department of Mental Health breaks the law 17 THOUSAND times and each one of those times represents a dangerous predator being released to an unknowing public then that gets put on the back burner.

For once my fingertips are at a loss as to what to type.
    Last edited by Tricia; 03-07-2010 at 05:10 AM.

Tricia Griffith
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

This is outrageous.

Here, I thought the difficult part was finding these predators and putting them in prison to begin with... it turns out it is even harder to keep them incarcerated after they are sentenced. It's just a revolving door. A dangerous revolving door.

If something is not done to correct this, then what's the point? We may as well abolish any and all laws making it a crime to rape a person, molest a child, etc.
    We may as well just allow sex offenders free reign in whatever they feel compelled to do.

The Califonia Department of Mental Health is making a mockery of Jessica's Law, a mockery of our justice system, and certainly, a mockery of the safety of all citizens.

17,000 sex offenders- and how many thousands of future victims? 17,000 multiplied by what?

What can we do to rectify this problem? What can i do, as a native Californian? As a California tax-payer? As a citizen of the United States? As a mother?

I'm all ears, and open for suggestions.
    Last edited by smart blonde; 03-07-2010 at 05:36 AM. Reason: typo
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

6. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to smart blonde For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by smart blonde View Post
    This is outrageous.

Here, I thought the difficult part was finding these predators and putting them in prison to begin with... it turns out it is even harder to keep them incarcerated after they are sentenced. It's just a revolvong door. A dangerous revolving door.

If something is not done to correct this, then what's the point? We may as well abolish any and all laws making it a crime to rape a person, molest a child, etc.
    We may as well just allow sex offenders free reign in whatever they feel compelled to do.

The Califonia Department of Mental Health is making a mockery of Jessica's Law, a mockery of our justice system, and certainly, a mockery of the safety of all citizens.

17,000 sex offenders- and how many thousands of future victims? 17,000 multiplied by what?

What can we do to rectify this problem? What can i do, as a native Californian? As a California tax-payer? As a citizen of the United States? As a mother?

Thank you for your FANTASTIC post Smart Blonde.

I wish I knew what to tell you. The authorities know the law is being broken.

Again, my fingertips are at a loss as to what to type.
    Last edited by Tricia; 03-07-2010 at 05:37 AM.

Tricia Griffith
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Tricia For This Useful Post:

17,000?

I'm with you Tricia. I have no words.

Are they at least registered so you know how many are in your neighborhood?
    Please help find Gerry Largay, 66, missing on the Appalachian Trail in Maine.
    http://www.wlbz2.com/news/article/25...ssing-in-Maine

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to angelmom For This Useful Post:

Zoe Bogart is offline Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars
    I'm stunned. I knew Gov. Terminator was planning to release many prisoners a while back due to funding, but this is outrageous. Every decent, law-abiding person in California should be furious. Every parent should be frightened enough to gather their children and leave the state. I'm serious. What are those people thinking?

Poor Mark Klaas must be turned inside out. And all the other people who've lost loved ones to these criminals.
    My brain is copyright-protected.
    Please pardon any typos. I'm a lousy typist and an even worse proofreader.

Big Brother and the Thought Police have arrived
    1984 by George Orwell (1949)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

12. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Zoe Bogart For This Useful Post:

Zoe Bogart is offline Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by smart blonde View Post
    This is outrageous.

Here, I thought the difficult part was finding these predators and putting them in prison to begin with... it turns out it is even harder to keep them incarcerated after they are sentenced. It's just a revolving door. A dangerous revolving door.

You can start by writing your outrage to the Governator himself, to all the media, mayors, state and US senators and other representatives of California. Get others to write letters too. Be polite, state your thoughts, but don't insult or do any name calling. That's the first step. Write real letters as well as e-mail. Snail mail makes a better impression than does e-mail that can be easily deleted. I'd go with the snail mail. Include what you wrote above. It's perfect.
    My brain is copyright-protected.
    Please pardon any typos. I'm a lousy typist and an even worse proofreader.

Big Brother and the Thought Police have arrived
    1984 by George Orwell (1949)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

14. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Zoe Bogart For This Useful Post:

So let me get this straight - CA voters passed Jessica's Law in 2006, and
    Gilton Petri was released in 2007. Sounds to me like the DMH never abided by the voters wishes. I thought maybe this "paper review" business was a recent development due to the economy & budget woes. Not that that was an acceptable course of action anyway. But this tells me Jessica's law was circumvented from the get-go. How clever of those in charge (at DMH)...............

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to zoomom For This Useful Post:

I think it is happening in many states. I am outraged of the early releases and plea bargaining.
    Here is one just released 2/11/2010. He had a prior record! Unbelievable. In jail a total of 3 to 4 months?

http://dailyherald.com/story/?id=335273
    Woodstock man who threatened to rape mentally disabled girl gets prison

The incident occurred exactly one week after Sessom admitted guilt to an unlawful restraint charge stemming from an April 2008 incident with a minor girl. He initially had been charged with aggravated criminal sexual abuse, but that charge was dropped as part of a plea bargain.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Litlred For This Useful Post:

The bluest skies you've ever seen are in...
    California is also breaking the rules of Jessica's law for lifetime GPS tracking for high risk released sexual offenders. (As if RELEASE of ANY HIGH RISK offender isn't ALREADY breaking Jessica's Law IMO..)
    Apparently, California is too broke to apply this law passed by voters as well. What could be more important to use tax payers money on than protecting it's citizens?? They could wash my street every third week instead of weekly to start! And I have MANY other ideas how California could afford Jessica's Law enforcement!! Protecting the "rights" of offenders is ridiculous and it is insane that our only "rights" are to have a list of the offenders in our neighborhoods. They should NOT be in our neighborhoods at ALL, EVER!! I believe in ONE STRIKE YOUR OUT!!! And 1 parole officer per 70+ released offenders??? If Jaycee Dugard's case isn't a catalyst for drastic change in the system, it is seriously time to storm the capital in herds!! We need to reassert our positions as the voters, as 'we the people', and tell government how it's going to be.. They are OUR employees, not our bosses!!
    http://gov.ca.gov/index.php?/fact-sheet/4967/

What good do the offender lists do to protect citizens? Nothing. It didn't help Chelsea or Amber, and many other victims like them. It serves as a geographical list for law enforcement to search for most likely perpetrator AFTER the rape or murder has been committed, which in most cases doesn't even catch the perpetrator anyways. It was only that JAG left DNA evidence behind, and that they actually found her body, that connected him. It is not a preventative measure AT ALL. They will reoffend. Does it make YOU feel any safer knowing that Mr. Offender is known to live at 123 Jones street in your community? Mr. Offender DOES leave his house. And as soon as he steps out the door, it no longer matters what his address is.
    Last edited by pip; 03-07-2010 at 12:13 PM.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pip For This Useful Post:

We all know what happens when you and I break the law. What happens when the state does?

That's why I thought the outrage about JAG not being registered in the right places was kind of beside the point...I don't think it would have changed any of what happened, unfortunately. The only thing that would have saved Chelsea is if the judge back in 2000 had given the maximum sentence and JAG was still in prison.

23. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Carry over from closed thread.

Is the D.M.H's budget public information?

Is there an update to when Mark Klass took on the state of Massachusettes re: "Jessica's Law"?

http://timeinmoments.wordpress.com/2...-jessicas-law/
    :Banane59: Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast