Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Thread 5

Thanks,

Salem

Threadiquette

TOS (Terms of Service)

Please keep in mind that rumors are rumors. It really doesn't matter how "good" your source is, rumors are rumors. Nothing becomes fact until LE or the Media present it as fact. All posts that do not include facts, should include the words speculation, theory or rumor.

Remember - we do not discuss minors, and in this particular case, we do not discuss poetry.

Thanks!

Does anyone know why Mackenzie left Cashmere and went to Wenatchee for HS? It also seems like she had some friends in Chelan, did she also go to Chelan or Orondo?

MACKENZIE COWELL TIMELINE
Confirmed Info Only - No Rumors​

09 February 2010 (Tuesday):

3:01 PM - Mackenzie leaves the Academy of Hair Design where she works, gets in her car, and drives away.

3:40 PM - Mackenzie's phone data indicate that she is at/near the Riverfront Park boat ramp. While there, she sent a message to her boyfriend ("hey") and received a message from her boyfriend ("hey").

5:42 PM - A cell tower bounces a signal off of MacKenzie's phone. This is the final activity on McKenzie's phone. Location has not been released by investigators.

8:02 PM - Residents report to Rivercom finding a 1997 red Pontiac Grand Prix in Squilchuck area, 2395 Pitcher Canyon Road, parked near a cattle gate. LE uses the registration info on the car to identify Reid Cowell as the owner, who confirms that his daughter has been out past curfew. One set of foot prints led away from the locked car toward road asphalt. "Somebody got the car there and parked it without anybody knowing about it.” Mackenzie's purse was inside the car, but her cell phone, debit card with $20 on it, and gas card were missing. Initially, Washington State Crime Lab processed the car, but found no indication of anything unusual, and computers at both parents' residences were checked with nothing unusual found. Later, local press says that some evidence has been discovered in the car and sent to the State Crime Lab.

11 February 2010 (Thursday):

FBI Child Abduction Rapid Deployment agents arrive Thursday afternoon to aid in the search for Mackenzie.

12 February 2010 (Friday):

Investigators fax warrants to Facebook, Myspace, and Verizon. A team of 10 detectives search the Pitcher Canyon area and interview and re-interviewing all of Mackenzie's friends and family. Mackenzie's mother and the mother's boyfriend are also being interviewed by the FBI.

13 February 2010 (Saturday):

Mackenzie's body is found near the Columbia River at 156 Crescent Bar Road just inside Douglas County by someone walking along the beach. She was fully clothed and her feet were in the water. The Chelan County Sheriff's spokesman said "It appears she was put there by someone....We've got to find this monster. Anybody who is willing to take a child and commit a crime with that child is a monster." Investigators find evidence of homicide at the scene and inside the vacant home. FBI profilers arrive late Saturday to assist with the investigation.

15 February 2010 (Monday):

A task force made up of local law enforcement and FBI is formed to investigate circumstances surrounding Mackenzie's death. Mackenzie's mother tells NWCN (see video) that she's been instructed by investigators not to discuss the investigation with media.

16 February 2010 (Tuesday):

An autopsy performed by Dr. Gina Fino and witnessed by Dr Steve Clem, Douglas County prosecutor and coroner, and a State Patrol Crime Laboratory’s forensics team confirms that the body is that of Mackenzie Cowell. The autopsy also revealed that her death was a homicide, but the cause of death has not yet been released. Autopsy results will not be released until the person responsible is identified and charged.

18 February 2010 (Thursday):

As law enforcement officials advise women to walk in pairs and be more aware of their surroundings, local gun stores report a spike in sales of tasers, mace, and handguns.

22 February 2010 (Monday):

1:36 AM - Someone at Mackenzie's mother's residence calls 911 to report "harassment/threat."

Police scale back task force and await DNA and fingerprint results from state crime lab. Evidence was collected from the Crescent Bar location and from Mackenzie's car. Wenatchee Police Sgt. Cherie Smith said, "But we still don’t know where she was killed,” Smith said. “So we may have another crime scene at some point.”

25 February 2010 (Thursday):

Memorial service is held for Mackenzie Cowell at Wenatchee Town Toyota Center. 1800 people attend. Mackenzie is remembered as "a bright, energetic girl who endured heartless teasing through much of her adolescence because of an underbite. She persevered, however, eventually becoming prom queen." Mackenzie's mother, maternal grandfather, father, father's fiance, two brothers, and boyfriend attend the memorial. Noticeably absent is Mackenzie's mother's boyfriend. Mackenzie's brother Trevor made the family's first statement to the media: "It's incredible. It meant the world to me because we all loved her. And that's what this all shows is how much everybody loves her."

01 March 2010 (Monday):

The Cowell Task Force believes that Mackenzie's phone is a key piece of evidence and asks the public to call the tip line if it is found. The phone is a maroon LG EnV2.

03 March 2010 (Wednesday):

A local task force continues to work full-time on the Mackenzie Cowell murder case. Chelan County has four deputies and two administrative assistants assigned to the task force. Douglas County has four detectives, Wenatchee Police has three officers and East Wenatchee police has one officer assigned to the case. The FBI, U.S. Marshal’s Office and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement are assisting the Cowell Task Force.

05 March 2010 (Friday):

Local businesspeople unite and announce the creation of a new reward fund to help find Mackenzie's killer. The group, Wenatchee Valley Citizens Against Crime, has pledged $38000 to be added to the existing $7000 reward fund in the event that someone provides a tip that leads to a conviction of Mackenzie's murderer. “This case broke the camel’s back. For this one, we said, ‘Enough is enough. We want this valley to be a safe place.'"

CLICK HERE to see a map of points of interest in the Mackenzie Cowell investigation.

Re: Secrets that Mackenzie may have had, I have wondered about this from the very beginning. Initial descriptive reports from LE spokesmen were glowing, then a couple of days later, this:

"Jerry Moore, spokesman for the Chelan County Sheriff’s Office, replied, “On the surface, she is a pretty good girl. She goes to high school, she goes to beauty school and, in between, she is at Gold’s Gym, working out.”

I've always wondered about the wording "on the surface". That implies that there is something different underneath.

Re: Secrets that Mackenzie may have had, I have wondered about this from the very beginning. Initial descriptive reports from LE spokesmen were glowing, then a couple of days later, this:

"Jerry Moore, spokesman for the Chelan County Sheriff’s Office, replied, “On the surface, she is a pretty good girl. She goes to high school, she goes to beauty school and, in between, she is at Gold’s Gym, working out.”

I've always wondered about the wording "on the surface". That implies that there is something different underneath.

I have wondered about that exact same thing the entire time. I have tried not to let myself read too far into it because I don't want to assume anything but there are a lot of things that statement could mean..... or, it could just be a very poor choice of words. Wouldn't be the first time in this case.

We need to find out about the truck WC bought for JF. Does anyone know or can someone find out????

February 11:

"It's unusual for the caliber of this kid," said sheriff's spokesman Jerry Moore. "From what we're getting from Mackenzie's past, she's not a troubled kid. She's a good student. She's a smart kid. She's involved in a lot of community functions."

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/84205127.html

February 11:

"It's unusual for the caliber of this kid," said sheriff's spokesman Jerry Moore. "From what we're getting from Mackenzie's past, she's not a troubled kid. She's a good student. She's a smart kid. She's involved in a lot of community functions."

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/84205127.html

With all the stress of a schedule she held? Yes, kids do smoke weed alot more than most parents think. It's an escape from pressures. Good kids do it more than you think. I know first hand from talking with them. Not all, but alot.

I don't think drugs are behind all of this. It has nothing to do with the murder, but she may have liked mj every once in awhile. She may have been at the dock to get some. It just helped place her where-abouts.

It in no way says she's a bad kid. MOO

I have not seen this video before. It is from Kiro News. It shows some different footage I have never seen.
http://www.kirotv.com/video/22568748/index.html

If you all have seen it, then great, but I thought I would share just in case. ;)

I had to add one more thing----This video shows the focus being on the riverbank, as if that is where she was found. Are we sure she was found by the pond? According to this footage, it appears she was found by the actual river.

Originally Posted by pufnstuf View Post
Whoa. I assumed that this was his daughter. He has children that are under 5?

THIS is interesting.

and THIS - claims to be separated in the short description and single in her self-description.

(Sorry I don't know how to quote previous post when on different thread.)

Take note of the WW profile, the 1 friend listed and the comments made by the friend in regards to MC articles.

THIS is interesting.

and THIS - claims to be separated in the short description and single in her self-description.

Take note of the WW profile, the 1 friend listed and the comments made by the friend in regards to MC articles.

Can you fill me in? I must have missed something. Can you link me to the WW profile with the comment?

IMO It's not necessarily one comment it's the tone of all of them. And notice all the comments removed by WW.

THIS is interesting.

4 pulled comments is quite a few... Man I wish I could read those!! I remember in previous threads people kept saying to go check WW quick to check certain comments because they were sure they would get pulled. Did anyone save those comments?

There's more than 4, go to the next page. I count 11 all together

Yea, the next page is FULL of pulled comments. I wish I could remember what they were too. I should have taken screen shots of the ones I saw that I thought would be pulled.

There's more than 4, go to the next page. I count 11 all together

Oh yes, you are correct. Sorry, I didn't see the next page arrow. Not only are there 11 but something about this last comment is strange. Not that it isn't something that we have all said, but it seems kind of early on in the case to be sound so sure that we will all be shocked... Hmm.....

Possibly someone very close.. JMO

We have more guests than members. Guests should sign up and give us some thoughts! Please help guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy