03-07-2010, 09:31 AM #1
Male Seen Walking With/Near Amber on Feb 13, 2009
Info about the male seen walking with or near Amber 7:10AM on Friday, Feb 13, 2009. There were various mentions of this but never many specifics and no sketch. Early on he was described as “slender” then more recently it was “sort of doughy.”
Mar 1, 2009
Meantime, Amber's mother said police were looking into a new tip Saturday night. Amber was seen walking with a tall boy the day she went missing. “They are thinking it was a high school student. They want to make sure. They want to talk to him and no one has come forward yet,” McGonigle said.
Mar 3, 2009
Another possible lead - Amber may have been walking with an unidentified male student about six feet tall with a dark complexion.
Mar 12, 2009
Search warrant: At approximately 0710 hours, [parent 2] was driving her children to Escondido High School southbound on Broadway Ave when she saw Amber Dubois walking southbound on the west curb of Broadway with a male. [Parent 2] described the male as a dark complected young male who was tall and slender. [Parent 2] did not recognize the male. Both [Parent 2] and [Parent 1] placed her approx. 200 yards north of Escondido High School, located at 1535 N Broadway Ave in Escondido.
Apr 14, 2009
Benton added that police would like to speak with a young man who appeared to be walking with Amber on the west side of Broadway the morning she disappeared. Amber occasionally walked with classmates on the way to school, though the boy with a dark complexion doesn't match any of those classmates, Benton said. "That is one of the unsolved questions in the case," he said, noting two neighbors independently said they saw Amber at 7:10 a.m. walking on Broadway near the school's football stadium ---- the last time anyone has reported seeing the girl. One of the neighbors said they saw her with the boy, Benton said.
Feb 10, 2010
Two witnesses who knew Amber saw her walking on North Broadway near the football field north of the school’s entrance with a tall, dark-skinned, but not black, sort of “doughy” boy who has yet to be identified, Benton said. Security cameras near the front of the school show Amber never made it that far.
Feb 13, 2010
The young man is described as tall and dark-skinned, about high school age. No one has come forward to identify him or even to verify he was walking with Amber and wasn't just someone walking past her.
03-07-2010, 10:42 AM #2
Thank you for starting a thread dedicated to this topic. I went back to your other posts and see that you had posted a lot of information in the general threads about all cases nearby where unidentified young males are walking up to/driving up to young women and conversing with them. In reference to the man seen walking with Amber, I posted some questions yesterday before this thread was started, and I want to move it over here.
Yesterday, 08:33 PM
Registered User Join Date: Jul 2008
Did they ever find out who could possibly be the tall boy/man? with the dark complexion that one of the witnesses who saw Amber on her way to school said she was seen walking with?
What announcements were made about the animals the students would be buying for 4-H that day? Was there an electronic announcement board outside of the school regarding this?
If there was a person of the above description walking with her, he could have been a young man used to lure in girls.
I would think if she was so excited and eager to buy the lamb that day, if this man said, "Oh, the lambs are around the corner in my father's truck" or something, she may have been persuaded to take a look, right?
Last edited by concentric; 03-07-2010 at 10:52 AM.
03-07-2010, 10:46 AM #3
I cleared out my saved news articles/stories the other day. In one of the news stories, I read that it is routine for sex traffickers in Mexico to employ a young man to lure girls/women to a place where they can be abducted.
03-07-2010, 10:48 AM #4
Here is what I want to know:
In all of the cases in the U.S. where the girls get away from these young men who are approaching them:
What did the conversations consist of????? We never learn anything about that from reading the articles.
03-07-2010, 10:53 AM #5
I would like to see a picture of JG at that time.
Was he thinner?
Did his clothes make him look like he was in high school?
Was his hair alittle longer?
Then maybe JG would fit the description more.
Also she probably talked so much about a farm, lambs
that he could of said I'll take you to my farm and show you my lambs..........Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
Justice for Hailey!!!!
No Justice for Caylee Marie..........
03-07-2010, 11:01 AM #6
In the FBI flyer the male is described as:
Age: Approximately 13-18 years old (possibly middle- to high-school age
Clothing: Dark (Individual was possibly wearing a dark-colored backpack.)
Build: Medium build
This makes it sound as if the companion is another student, because of the backpack and the age.
If it was a student, and that student is not involved in her disappearance I wonder why that person has not come forward.
The two witnesses who saw the male companion... were they asked to go to the local school to see if they recognized the guy?
That would've helped, I would think.
03-07-2010, 11:04 AM #7
That inability to find the young man lead me to the thought that he wasn't a student and was enlisted as someone to lure her in by appearing to be a student.
03-07-2010, 11:16 AM #8
The advantage the creeps have is (1) catch the woman by surprise, from behind or when they are too very close, and (2) be in an isolated area where they can do their thing without being noticed for a while.
That's why the iPods/ex-Walkmans are a really bad idea while jogging/walking. They are too much of a distraction and block out awareness of the surroundings.GROW...
03-07-2010, 11:24 AM #9
When I was younger I was frequently accosted by men just walking up to me and saying: "How ya doin'?" And I learned how to defend myself, by walking to the other side of the street, etc. I know about that. Another classic line is: "Want a ride?"
We can make a supposition of what these young men/boys are saying, but we really don't know that for a fact they aren't saying much. There could be a few important clues in the content of what they say.
Last edited by concentric; 03-07-2010 at 11:40 AM.
03-07-2010, 11:43 AM #10
03-07-2010, 11:44 AM #11
This frustrates me in that so much is left out of the news about these incidents.
Let's just take as an example the luring by JG of the two girls on their way to school. So, we know from the news story that he asked them if they wanted a ride.
It's obvious that there was a heck of a lot more he conversed with them about, especially the girl who was taken to the apartment and raped.
03-07-2010, 11:58 AM #12
Might be difficult to recognize when looking at a yearbook pic.
It was drizzling that morning. The description doesn’t mention the male wearing a hat or having a hoodie pulled up, but perhaps that possible?
Maybe he wasn’t a student at all, or maybe a student from another school?
03-07-2010, 12:02 PM #13
- When the victim approached van after the driver asked for directions, the side sliding door opened and a passenger grabbed her and tried to pull her into the van, Redondo Beach police Lt. Paul Wrightsman said. The victim fought back and was able to ran away. The passenger got back in the van and the suspects fled.
- The victim was walking in front of an apartment complex in the 14000 block of Via Fiesta when the suspect pulled up to the curb next to her and told her to get in his car. The victim said there was a gun on the dashborad of the suspect's car. The girl ran to get away from the suspect. The suspect followed the girl in his car but she was able to run to a nearby apartment and call police.
- Three girls reported that a man in a small white compact offered them a ride home.
- The girl said that as she walked by a red, four-door pickup, a man asked her for the time, Erwin said. "She looked down for her cell phone and he grabbed her and threw her against the truck," she said. The girl said she elbowed the man in the stomach and ran. "He got back in his truck and fled," Erwin said. The girl ran home and called 911.
- According to Higgins, a dirty-white, older model van pulled up alongside the woman, who is in her 20s, and the men asked for directions. When the woman approached the vehicle, the van door swung open and one of the men tried to pull her inside, the sergeant said. "She punched one of the suspects and the van was last seen fleeing in an unknown direction," Higgins said. The vehicle had a sliding door and small windows in the back, he said.
- The girl reported that she was approached by an alleged armed man driving an older, light blue sports car with a black top, orange rust, tinted windows and a small back window with black around the edge. He was reported to be Hispanic, about 30 years old, heavy build, wearing a short sleeved t-shirt. The girl yelled and ran, and he returned to his vehicle. Neither the man or the vehicle has been spotted by police.
03-07-2010, 12:41 PM #14
You're right. These attempted abductions happen quickly and your adrenaline has you in fight or flight mode. I'm amazed that any of the victims were able to get a description of the perps. or vehicles.
03-07-2010, 01:53 PM #15
By shadowangel in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 5Last Post: 06-13-2014, 02:29 PM