Dogs

cloudajo

Bob Harrod, Missing from Placentia, CA
Reaction score
March 7, 2010
Dubois Family Publicist Upset With Response From Authorities
Michelle Bart Feels Police Dismissed Results Of Search Dogs

http://www.10news.com/news/22770513/detail.html

SAN DIEGO -- After the announcement Sunday afternoon that the remains of 14-year-old Escondido teen Amber Dubois were located in Pala, 10News spoke with the publicist hired by Amber's grandmother about the dogs the family brought out to search for the teen last year and the positive hit they received on the Pala reservation.

Publicist Michelle Bart was noticeably upset in her interview with 10News' Itica Milanes.

I'm not sure I would believe anything Michelle Bart has to say.

I'm not sure I would believe anything Michelle Bart has to say.

Agree about that. But I think the frustration with LE, media, etc in general (don't think it's possible to have your child missing and NOT be frustrated with all of the above, because all you want is your child home, safe, and no matter what they do, it's not going to be good enough until your child is home safe) is valid. It does seem that Amber's family wants something to change about the search methods used.

Amber, I am so sorry you were out there alone for so long. May angels and rainbows and animals surround you and your family forever.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/03/07/national/main6276303.shtml

I hate to be the one to say it, but the family was taken advantage of. The oldest confirmed successful trail ever run by a canine was 13 days old (and this was under favorable conditions, damp and cool in the pacific northwest). There is the possibility that at some point given the right conditions that might be extended by a few days, but not 6 months. I didn't misread anything right? The dogs were hired in August, she went missing in February.

I hate to be the one to say it, but the family was taken advantage of. The oldest confirmed successful trail ever run by a canine was 13 days old (and this was under favorable conditions, damp and cool in the pacific northwest). There is the possibility that at some point given the right conditions that might be extended by a few days, but not 6 months. I didn't misread anything right? The dogs were hired in August, she went missing in February.
Do you figure it was just a coincidence, then? As large as San Diego County is, it's awfully odd for the dogs to supposedly track Amber to Pala Library (was that in the original tracking report, does anyone know?), and then she is found in the same area. There are so many other places to drop a body that wouldn't have been anywhere near Pala.

Not that I doubt what you say, I tend to agree. It's just very odd.

It is absolutely very odd. They may have more info from the PI that would have lead them that way, something about the boy she was last seen with, something on her computers leading them towards the reservations. I don't know how they ended up there, just that it wasn't from her scent, which is why the other dogs couldn't confirm it. (Maybe the dogs were psychic and knew where to go.)

The article above says they were from Virginia and Maine. This article says they were from Texas.

http://law.rightpundits.com/?p=1307

Do we even know for a fact this info was given to LE back in August or is it possible that they're coming forward now and saying "hey, we went there". Just trying to put the pieces together.

these dogs may have set a new world record. tracing her to the same general area her remains would be found 6 months later (and over a year after she vanished) is

a m a z i n g

Amber's grandmother is on Nancy Grace stating the dogs did track her granddaughter's scent from her home all the way to the indian reservation.

The dogs indicated that Amber never made it to the school enterence...she went as far as the last person to see her indicated she was (by the bus maintenance area), crossed the street. turned left, went through a residential area and onto the 15 freeway. I guess the man talking on Nancy Grace about this is a PI hired by the grandmother.

NG said that dogs tracked Laci Peterson from her home in Modesto to the coast. That is a LOT further than how far Amber traveled. Interesting.

It is absolutely very odd. They may have more info from the PI that would have lead them that way, something about the boy she was last seen with, something on her computers leading them towards the reservations. I don't know how they ended up there, just that it wasn't from her scent, which is why the other dogs couldn't confirm it. (Maybe the dogs were psychic and knew where to go.)

Different dogs do different things with different handlers. But lets keep the facts straight? I understand the family requested the dogs.

They were just confirmed some horrible news about their child/grandchild. Maybe lets have a moment of silence for the family?

Also, does someone have confirmation of the dogs being 'hired' , is as far as money was exchanged for services? Many times, search teams will volunteer their dogs with no cost whatsoever to families in need. Just sayin.

Do you figure it was just a coincidence, then? As large as San Diego County is, it's awfully odd for the dogs to supposedly track Amber to Pala Library (was that in the original tracking report, does anyone know?), and then she is found in the same area. There are so many other places to drop a body that wouldn't have been anywhere near Pala.

Not that I doubt what you say, I tend to agree. It's just very odd.

I can't imagine anyone taking a dead body to the library, that's for sure.

I can't imagine anyone taking a dead body to the library, that's for sure.
But suppose he took a live Amber to the library, and killed her after? They got in the car drove up the road, went into the "gated" road, she said she wanted to go home, bad things happened....it's a theory.

But suppose he took a live Amber to the library, and killed her after? They got in the car drove up the road, went into the "gated" road, she said she wanted to go home, bad things happened....it's a theory.

Why in the world would anyone in their right mind take a kidnap victim to the library? Where other people could have seen them together? And even assuming she went with whoever it is voluntarily (which I find highly unlikely, as she reportedly never missed school), people would have still seen them together so why didn't anyone report anything about seeing them in the library?

Please do confirm the 13 days old "trail run." ? There are dogs trained for a variety of different of scents. For example to, there are dogs that are trained to find live explosives. There are dogs that are trained to find very old, but still live explosives. There are dogs that are trained to find explosives that were dead to begin with.
The same is true for trailing situations.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back