Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Oriah View Post
    Seriously....what is that all about??? I mean- I know all trainers and handlers are different. And truly, I have respect for diversity.

But that is abuse, imo. I see red when I read this sort of stuff.
    Agree. It is abuse and with respect for diversity, if you have a dog that his job scares the crap out of him (literally apparently), how reliable do you think he's really gonna be?

I would absolutely flip out if I was working any sort of situation and saw this. No dog should ever be subjected to that. They're just like people, some can handle certain things, some can't, and that's ok!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sarx For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sarx View Post
    Agree. It is abuse and with respect for diversity, if you have a dog that his job scares the crap out of him (literally apparently), how reliable do you think he's really gonna be?

I would absolutely flip out if I was working any sort of situation and saw this. No dog should ever be subjected to that. They're just like people, some can handle certain things, some can't, and that's ok!
    Truthfully if one of our dogs were urinating, defecating, teeth chattering, tail between legs, belly to the ground (and I don't mean belly to the ground like slinking through a really tight space in agility- or to reach what they were trained to alert on ) I would be appalled.

I mean- appalled. And horrified. And would swiftly 'retire' the dog, who should not have been in that situation to begin with. And then I would swiftly retire myself, because clearly I do not have my dogs' best interests in mind. Gah.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22