771 users online (135 members and 636 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

2010.03.08 motion hearing **UPDATE **PROBATION REPORT ADDED**

A previously unannounced court hearing is scheduled for 2:00 for John Gardner, the man arrested on suspicion of Chelsea's rape and murder.

The hearing as listed as a "Felony Other Motion Hearing." The District Attorney's office would not comment on the hearing.
    http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/...78trbfHvg.cspx

Wise Old Owl is offline Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    very interesting.....especially since he is due in court tomorrow 3/9 per the arraignment last week.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/
    It was to have his probation records unsealed as requested by the media.

I think the judge ruled that the records will be unsealed. I will find a link

Judge orders release of Gardner probation report

The accused killer's lawyers have until Wednesday to appeal

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...bation-report/

A Superior Court judge on Monday ordered the release of a decade-old probation report generated after John Albert Gardner III was convicted of molesting a 13-year-old girl in Rancho Bernardo.

Probation report released:

http://www.kfiam640.com/cc-common/ml...1268174618.pdf

A MUST READ unsanitized version and background info
    Last edited by JBean; 03-09-2010 at 07:43 PM.

Thanks, Jbean.

Can we discuss that here or should have a separate thread for the probation report.

I wish they'd go back and redact the one place earlier in the document where the victim's name was inadvertently left...although I guess at this point it's out there and may be too late

For now I'll put probation stuff here.

Lots of psych. drugs he'd been on.

It's hard to believe that a decade ago when this all happened, that even then JAG was talking about he and his mother getting on the nerves of the other and that he should have his own place.

Didn't know he was engaged at the time. We've heard of the girlfriend, but never of her as a fiance.

Totally tries to play a "woe is me" thing under the "plans" section of the documents...oh, was going to be a teacher but now because of this he couldn't...oh, was going to be a police officer (ack!) and now because of this he couldn't...oh was going to be xyz and now because of this he can't... That is just infuriating that it's as if he is frustrated that he was caught and now can't do those things, not that he shouldn't have done this to begin with (for any reason!) and that THAT is the cause of this. NOT the being caught/punishment/this on his record.

More to come.

This IS the probation report thread LOL.
    But we can break our different topics OF the report as we dig through it. For example,I added one thing from the psych eval to his psych profile thread.

The reference to hanging out at the waterfall indicates he was very familiar with the trails adjacent to where Chelsea was found. The Taco Bell mentioned in the report is at the corner of Duenda/Bernardo Center Dr and W. Bernardo Road.

I thought it was interesting that he had been arrested for trespassing at a high school and that the psych who evaluated him found that behavior "disturbing."

I think the tie in with him finding a girl on the way to (and in some cases, from) school even back then shows that was one of his MO's...that we saw in the Elsinore situation, Amber's, and a few other cases that are still marked on the map in my sig with other possibly related incidents.

Found the information about the girlfriend having an abortion because she was afraid she could not raise the child alone and the psych Dr. Carroll thinking that was odd also interesting. (p. 17)

Also thought it was interesting that he (Dr. Carroll) characterized it as a case full of "pervasive oddness." (p. 17)

"...does not appear to be any rhyme or reason for what [JAG] did in the case..." (p. 18) Talks about the physical assault on her besides the sexual, especially when she refused. Makes me fear what we'll find out he did to Chelsea (and likely Amber) assuming they likely tried to fight back at some point.

JAG accused the victim's MOTHER of being the one that did this to her??!! Oh my goodness! (p. 18)

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

drugs~grugs

this guy hadn't been on meds since the age of 16 (and for ADHD mind you). All those meds listed mean nothing... as the Doc clearly stated there was nothing to diagnose... (except pedaphilia but he wouldn't admit to that/cooperate enough to sustain that dx)

The physician also found no diagnosable conditions; just a "very, very bad kid". The report was chilling with foreshadow to what he most likely went on to do. This medical professional nailed it completely including the warning to the community.

I too found the stalking at a school very disturbing and would love to know the nature of that incident. Was he doing a "chester the molester on the playground" type thing???? He was doing enough of something to have a police report filed on him.

Also very interesting family dynamics/background especially the fact that he lived with (what claimed to be) an abusive father by himself around the age of 6.

Couple his IQ with all of the rest of this stuff and you don't just have a monster... you have a cunning monster.
    Last edited by nursebeeme; 03-09-2010 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelingBug View Post
    Found the information about the girlfriend having an abortion because she was afraid she could not raise the child alone and the psych Dr. Carroll thinking that was odd also interesting. (p. 17)

Also thought it was interesting that he (Dr. Carroll) characterized it as a case full of "pervasive oddness." (p. 17)
    I figure that all those things, that seem small or unimportant to us, add up together to form a whole picture of what his personality was like.

As we have seen, Dr. Carroll was right all along.
    GROW...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast