2010.03.08 motion hearing **UPDATE **PROBATION REPORT ADDED**

very interesting.....especially since he is due in court tomorrow 3/9 per the arraignment last week.

I think the judge ruled that the records will be unsealed. I will find a link

Thanks, Jbean.

Can we discuss that here or should have a separate thread for the probation report.

I wish they'd go back and redact the one place earlier in the document where the victim's name was inadvertently left...although I guess at this point it's out there and may be too late :(

For now I'll put probation stuff here.

Lots of psych. drugs he'd been on.

It's hard to believe that a decade ago when this all happened, that even then JAG was talking about he and his mother getting on the nerves of the other and that he should have his own place.

Didn't know he was engaged at the time. We've heard of the girlfriend, but never of her as a fiance.

Totally tries to play a "woe is me" thing under the "plans" section of the documents...oh, was going to be a teacher but now because of this he couldn't...oh, was going to be a police officer (ack!) and now because of this he couldn't...oh was going to be xyz and now because of this he can't... That is just infuriating that it's as if he is frustrated that he was caught and now can't do those things, not that he shouldn't have done this to begin with (for any reason!) and that THAT is the cause of this. NOT the being caught/punishment/this on his record.

More to come.

This IS the probation report thread LOL.
But we can break our different topics OF the report as we dig through it. For example,I added one thing from the psych eval to his psych profile thread.

The reference to hanging out at the waterfall indicates he was very familiar with the trails adjacent to where Chelsea was found. The Taco Bell mentioned in the report is at the corner of Duenda/Bernardo Center Dr and W. Bernardo Road.

I thought it was interesting that he had been arrested for trespassing at a high school and that the psych who evaluated him found that behavior "disturbing."

I think the tie in with him finding a girl on the way to (and in some cases, from) school even back then shows that was one of his MO's...that we saw in the Elsinore situation, Amber's, and a few other cases that are still marked on the map in my sig with other possibly related incidents.

Found the information about the girlfriend having an abortion because she was afraid she could not raise the child alone and the psych Dr. Carroll thinking that was odd also interesting. (p. 17)

Also thought it was interesting that he (Dr. Carroll) characterized it as a case full of "pervasive oddness." (p. 17)

"...does not appear to be any rhyme or reason for what [JAG] did in the case..." (p. 18) Talks about the physical assault on her besides the sexual, especially when she refused. Makes me fear what we'll find out he did to Chelsea (and likely Amber) assuming they likely tried to fight back at some point.

JAG accused the victim's MOTHER of being the one that did this to her??!! Oh my goodness! (p. 18)

this guy hadn't been on meds since the age of 16 (and for ADHD mind you). All those meds listed mean nothing... as the Doc clearly stated there was nothing to diagnose... (except pedaphilia but he wouldn't admit to that/cooperate enough to sustain that dx)

The physician also found no diagnosable conditions; just a "very, very bad kid". The report was chilling with foreshadow to what he most likely went on to do. This medical professional nailed it completely including the warning to the community.

I too found the stalking at a school very disturbing and would love to know the nature of that incident. Was he doing a "chester the molester on the playground" type thing???? He was doing enough of something to have a police report filed on him.

Also very interesting family dynamics/background especially the fact that he lived with (what claimed to be) an abusive father by himself around the age of 6.

Couple his IQ with all of the rest of this stuff and you don't just have a monster... you have a cunning monster.

Found the information about the girlfriend having an abortion because she was afraid she could not raise the child alone and the psych Dr. Carroll thinking that was odd also interesting. (p. 17)

Also thought it was interesting that he (Dr. Carroll) characterized it as a case full of "pervasive oddness." (p. 17)

I figure that all those things, that seem small or unimportant to us, add up together to form a whole picture of what his personality was like.

As we have seen, Dr. Carroll was right all along.

Interesting. Really, really interesting.

He was given concurrent sentences, but had they run consequecutively, he would had a total of 14 years, even with the middle terms given. Which means he would have been in prison now...

Something is terribly wrong with the system...terribly, terribly wrong.

Best-
Herding Cats

"...does not appear to be any rhyme or reason for what [JAG] did in the case..." (p. 18) Talks about the physical assault on her besides the sexual, especially when she refused. Makes me fear what we'll find out he did to Chelsea (and likely Amber) assuming they likely tried to fight back at some point.

JAG accused the victim's MOTHER of being the one that did this to her??!! Oh my goodness! (p. 18)
I think he had 6 years to sit all by himself and think how he could satisfy his needs and not get caught at the same time. Glad this creep didn't take a crime scene class (re: leaving semen and clothing behind)

No where in this report does it indicate the victim initially stated he raped her and then later recanted as was reported by JAG's relative on the John & Ken radio show.

Now I am curious. Was he really diagnosed with ADHD as a kid, and did he really take all those different medications, or did he just claim he did? This report doesn't claim to have confirmed what JAG said. Wondering about pathological liar type behavior.

JAG's behavior throughout the entire document confirms everything that Dr. Carroll stated to the court however the judge completely ignored it.

I found it interesting that JAG had a much higher IQ than expected! "Dr. Carrol noted that the defendant tested with a 113 IQ which is relatively high for someone of the defendent's age." Smart but not smart enough not to react or linger when shown pictures of young girls in his psych evaluation!

I think all he got out of his sentence was the enlightenment that next time he should be more careful not to leave a witness! Five years in jail, required to register for life as a sex offender, loss of a job, loss of his employment dreams, monetary restitution to his victim, etc. he was going to make sure THAT didn't happen again!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back