Defense files motion to have 911 calls, party pix tossed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muzikman

ROCKIN!
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com
Was just on Local 6... must've filed this motion after I left today dammit!

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/22777421/detail.html

Do they really think they'll get the 911 calls thrown out because Cindy was "Speculating" about a dead body?

I could see the party pix being tossed possibly, but not the 911 calls.

I just read that myself! I agree about the 911 calls. I'm thinking that the judge might allow some party pix (but not all) to show state of mind.

Think about it... Will they say that Tony Lazzaro can't talk about Fusion or what he did with Casey? Amy Huizenga can't say that Casey lied to her numerous times?

No matter how you cut it, Casey's behavior in the time Caylee was missing will be critical to the prosecution and the judge can't toss it all out Likewise with the rest of the witnesses who will talk about their relationships with her during this time.

I could see them tossing a lot of what George and Cindy said.

I have a feeling there will be a lot more Motions In Limine coming over the next year.

Of course they want it tossed. It is an excited utterance.

Likely someone filled CA in on that issue after the fact. Notice she made a concentrated effort to explain she "was just trying to get LE there faster"?

Sounds like she was :back:

Do they really think they'll get the 911 calls thrown out because Cindy was "Speculating" about a dead body?

Thank you for this Muzikman - now I want all you legal experts to get in here - weigh in with your opinions please!

I can understand how some of the party pics could be thrown out - but the ones of her dancing in her blue dress at Fusion while she was "out searching for her daughter?"

Does this mean the defense has dumped the "ugly coping" defense?

And how could the 911 calls, plus the conversations the Anthony's had with friends get thrown out? Because it is prejudicial? Isn't all the evidence prejudicial?:waitasec:

If a person THINKS they smell something dead, they are usually right.

The party photos taken before Caylee was killed really dont hold any evidentiary value.
However, every second of those 31 days is crucial to BOTH sides.
How fortunate that KC documented her behaviors so carelessly.

imo

Drats! Foiled again Muzikman! I'll bet the defense has the courthouse staked out for you and waits until you've left the building so you don't get the poop, I mean scoop!

Even if they get the 911 calls tossed (somehow) I wonder if the State can use them as impeachment or to illustrate a prior inconsistent statement while CA is on the stand.

Drats! Foiled again Muzikman! I'll bet the defense has the courthouse staked out for you and waits until you've left the building so you don't get the poop, I mean scoop!

I am sure MM has that covered. If you see a Joy W. look a like with a bad wig and stumbling in heels...........just saying......

Just kidding. I have no proof that MM dresses like players in the case in order to remain incognito.

I just read that myself! I agree about the 911 calls. I'm thinking that the judge might allow some party pix (but not all) to show state of mind.

Think about it... Will they say that Tony Lazzaro can't talk about Fusion or what he did with Casey? Amy Huizenga can't say that Casey lied to her numerous times?

No matter how you cut it, Casey's behavior in the time Caylee was missing will be critical to the prosecution and the judge can't toss it all out Likewise with the rest of the witnesses who will talk about their relationships with her during this time.

I could see them tossing a lot of what George and Cindy said.

I have a feeling there will be a lot more Motions In Limine coming over the next year.

bbm: Is it typical to file Limine motions this early in FL? It was part of a trial schedule in Cali when I was working and we waited until the last possible date to file because such motions often reveal defense stragedy or weaknesses.....

I'm real curious, to me it shows they are exposing what they consider their hurdles....duh, everything that came out of their mouths......

Apparently JB’s statement that “we would all understand once everything was explained’, did not apply to 911 calls or party pics.

I agree with the older party pics maybe being thrown out, but certainly not the Fusion ones or ones close to just before Caylee coming up missing and the ones after. I do not believe all will be thrown out at all. It goes to the state of mind of the accused just before and after Caylee's disappearance. Good luck on that one, defense team!

As for the 911 calls; those being thrown out will not happen either, IMO.

And yes, Kentjbkent, BIG pot of spaghetti, and it ain't sticking to the proverbial wall! :biggrin:

bbm: Is it typical to file Limine motions this early in FL? It was part of a trial schedule in Cali when I was working and we waited until the last possible date to file because such motions often reveal defense stragedy or weaknesses.....

I'm real curious, to me it shows they are exposing what they consider their hurdles....duh, everything that came out of their mouths......

In AL's own words...........see the lecture thread....
If you don't like it....file a motion.

They will file a motion for each and every piece of info that they want eliminated.

Translation??? In this case....expect to see 1, 246, 378 motions filed.

Actually, this is the second time Local 6 got the scoop. I suspect the Defense may be handing docs to them, and then filing at 4:59 PM at the clerks office.

I base that on Local 6 having the Indigency docs Friday night, yet there was NO counter payment for an 8-page document that day. And the doc that WAS filed Friday was apparently messed up, as they had to re-fax it this morning due to "missing pages."

Today there was a counter payment from Mike D/Local 6 for $125, but the motion itself is not even listed on the Clerk's site yet, so must have been filed last-minute.

Something's going on here....

I can understand the pictures taken prior to when Caylee went "missing" but there is no way that the pictures of Casey living it up while Caylee was "missing" should be kept from the jury.

Casey is accused of murder... what do they want to do, not have anyone mention that Casey murdered her innocent two-year-old baby because it would be too prejudicial?

And the 911 call? Oh come on Jose, Cindy said she only said anything about a "dead body" because she wanted LE to come quicker. Surely a jury is going to believe her!! She's a grieving grandmother!

also from seeing certain witness statements made by Anthony's parents, friends and detectives.

Are they talking about statements made to the media? Some of the things the Anthony's said to different media stations is going to be crucial in questioning them on the stand. Like George saying he "knew who had Caylee and they were watching them."

Next they'll want the "Bella Vita" testimony and pictures tossed, all jail visits and calls tossed, text messages tossed.

Do you think they have any chance of getting tossed? I think these things are very important for the jury to know and see. Please tell me this won't be granted?

I have a thought to save the defense's time and energy

(insert sarcasm)

why not file to have all negative evidence of any kind tossed... if it makes Casey look bad, just discard it, ignore it, throw it out , get it removed

after all, that's their job, right?

so if we take away anything less than "mother of the year" impact, then they only have to ask once ...

bah

I am so fed up with this whole defense clown act...

hows that foot taste Cindy? Hard to talk now, with it in your mouth?

No way in HELL they will get that 911 call excluded.

The party pictures maybe. But not the 911 tape.

And absolutely the 911 tape is frankly one of the most damning pieces of evidence. Even her own mother knew there had been a dead body in the car.

Actually, this is the second time Local 6 got the scoop. I suspect the Defense may be handing docs to them, and then filing at 4:59 PM at the clerks office.

I base that on Local 6 having the Indigency docs Friday night, yet there was NO counter payment for an 8-page document that day. And the doc that WAS filed Friday was apparently messed up, as they had to re-fax it this morning due to "missing pages."

Today there was a counter payment from Mike D/Local 6 for $125, but the motion itself is not even listed on the Clerk's site yet, so must have been filed last-minute.

ITA and I will cite that Mike D. was the one to get the scoop on the Tot Mom play. http://www.clickorlando.com/news/22014185/detail.html Though WKMG is not affiliated with any duopoly that I know. I believe they are the last of the big 6 to remain independent.

Justin W. from Wesh was the one who broke the story about LP meeting at an IHOP with bail agents. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,407742,00.html

The party pics and the calls are the facts of the case....I would be stunned if they get pitched.

In AL's own words...........see the lecture thread....
If you don't like it....file a motion.

They will file a motion for each and every piece of info that they want eliminated.

Translation??? In this case....expect to see 1, 246, 378 motions filed.

Also be prepared for the possibility that most, if not all, of these 'motions' will appear to be bull motions.

What a surprise that Friday's doc was wrong!

And this is what they're paying these folks the big bucks for...oh, right...this is what they want to get paid for!

Is anyone else getting sick of all this bs? How on earth can they toss the 911 calls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth