Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 326
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    254
    I play golf at this course pretty regularly and live only a few miles away. I can honestly say that this scenerio never entered my mind when thinking about possible discoveries in this case. This is a strange location for many reasons in my opinion. I think a pond on a golf course is a strange location for a body to be found anyway, but especially this one b/c this isn't a golf course with houses that adjoin it, its is PACKED every single day, and the pond where the body was found is right next to a busy street. Even at night its a pretty busy area with a shopping center directly across the street with a 24 hour grocery store. Let's just say that if I had to get rid of a body really quickly w/in this general area and hoped to not be noticed, this wouldn't make my top 100 list.


  2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to elainebenice For This Useful Post:


  3. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Silicon Hills
    Posts
    9,233
    Quote Originally Posted by elainebenice View Post
    I play golf at this course pretty regularly and live only a few miles away. I can honestly say that this scenerio never entered my mind when thinking about possible discoveries in this case. This is a strange location for many reasons in my opinion. I think a pond on a golf course is a strange location for a body to be found anyway, but especially this one b/c this isn't a golf course with houses that adjoin it, its is PACKED every single day, and the pond where the body was found is right next to a busy street. Even at night its a pretty busy area with a shopping center directly across the street with a 24 hour grocery store. Let's just say that if I had to get rid of a body really quickly w/in this general area and hoped to not be noticed, this wouldn't make my top 100 list.
    TY, elaine....do you also find it odd that, if his body's been there since he disappeared, that a body wouldn't be found until today?

    Surely someone's hit a ball or 2 into that pond before today....does this golf course have someone who regularly retrieves the balls that go into the ponds?
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~



    Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org


  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:


  5. #93
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11
    Highland park golf course is a good walk from where his car was found. I find it hard to believe that he walked that far. I know this course well. I dont normally play there but I have played it probably 10 times in my life. Its very small in size in comparison to other courses/clubs. There is a busy street (Claremont) that runs right in front of the course. There is no way that his body has been sitting in this pond since he disappeared. Someone would have noticed by now. I also find it hard to believe that someone would be able to dump his body on this course in the pond without someone seeing something. There is a large metal fence running along the street so its not as if you can just walk off the street onto the course. Im just as confused now as I was a week ago. This does fall in line with everything else so far, very dramatic, almost theatrical. Staged may be a better way of putting in. Trying to get more info, will post more later.


  6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tjanderson For This Useful Post:


  7. #94
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Northeast USA
    Posts
    3,462
    Quote Originally Posted by tjanderson View Post
    Highland park golf course is a good walk from where his car was found. I find it hard to believe that he walked that far. I know this course well. I dont normally play there but I have played it probably 10 times in my life. Its very small in size in comparison to other courses/clubs. There is a busy street (Claremont) that runs right in front of the course. There is no way that his body has been sitting in this pond since he disappeared. Someone would have noticed by now. I also find it hard to believe that someone would be able to dump his body on this course in the pond without someone seeing something. There is a large metal fence running along the street so its not as if you can just walk off the street onto the course. Im just as confused now as I was a week ago. This does fall in line with everything else so far, very dramatic, almost theatrical. Staged may be a better way of putting in. Trying to get more info, will post more later.
    that assumes the body wound up there during the day. if the body were dumped under cover of darkness then no one would see it happen.


  8. #95
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    choctaw beach,florida
    Posts
    3,254
    Thanks so much for the updates TJ..much appreciated..and you are right...very strange...


  9. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Silicon Hills
    Posts
    9,233
    There's a picture here -- http://www.cbs42.com/content/localne...2trK87EwA.cspx -- of the pond @ the golf course....LE is standing a good ways from the fence.

    Is this the fence with the gate that's close to the road?

    IOW, if one were looking at the pond from the road, is this the way it would look?

    I ask because if LE is at the end of the pond further from the road, then this really makes no sense -- if one were in a hurry to get rid of someone or a bodyl
    Last edited by Texas Mist; 03-15-2010 at 10:19 PM.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~



    Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org


  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:


  11. #97
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    254
    This pond actually has 2 streets that directly border it. The busier street that was mentioned earlier (Clairmont) and the road that goes up the hill toward the entrance to the club (Highland Circle or something like that). This second street leads to several other streets that have apartments and homes on them, along with the entrance to the club, so its not dead at night either. I don't find it as unbelievable that his body could have been there for several days, as I do someone could carry a body to that location without being seen. It would be impossible, and I say that without hesitation, for a body to be dumped there during the day. It is obviously possible someone could dump a body there under cover of darkness, but even that is amazing to me b/c you would be taking a huge risk of being seen, whether you ultimately were seen or not. This is all very odd to me....


  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elainebenice For This Useful Post:


  13. #98
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Silicon Hills
    Posts
    9,233
    Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Anyone know how far away the pond is from where the car was located? TIA.
    Providing I used in the correct zipcode, google directions shows 1.6 miles...that's driving miles...as the crow flies looks less than that...but it would involve crossing 280 which has been said to be a very busy road...I'm not as good w/ google maps as you, SuziQ.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~



    Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org


  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:


  15. #99
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Silicon Hills
    Posts
    9,233
    Quote Originally Posted by elainebenice View Post
    This pond actually has 2 streets that directly border it. The busier street that was mentioned earlier (Clairmont) and the road that goes up the hill toward the entrance to the club (Highland Circle or something like that). This second street leads to several other streets that have apartments and homes on them, along with the entrance to the club, so its not dead at night either. I don't find it as unbelievable that his body could have been there for several days, as I do someone could carry a body to that location without being seen. It would be impossible, and I say that without hesitation, for a body to be dumped there during the day. It is obviously possible someone could dump a body there under cover of darkness, but even that is amazing to me b/c you would be taking a huge risk of being seen, whether you ultimately were seen or not. This is all very odd to me....
    It *is* odd - especially since I can't find by doing google searches that bodies in/near a golf course occurs that often.

    I found 2 cases - 1 was a man found on a trail near a golf course, died of self-inflicted GSW (Ann Arbor MI)...another was a man's body found frozen (encased in ice) in a golf course pond (Ham Lake MN) - apparently had been there a while....that man had had issues w/ depression & alcoholism & was prone to disappearing for 4-5 months at a time....I couldn't find anything confirming a suicide or foul play but a suicide note, blood & a knife was found in his apartment.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~



    Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org


  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:


  17. #100
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,645
    It's a minute drive from where the car was found and the pond....a 29 minute walk.

    I agree with others that it seems unlikely that, if it is him, his body wouldn't have been found earlier. I know someone would have to have seen it if it were in the pond....though, that opens another can of worms: if it IS him, where has he been all this time.


  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krista For This Useful Post:


  19. #101
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,855
    Are golf carts frequently used on the course? If so, can they get near the pond the body was found in?


  20. #102
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Divine Grace, Valley of Baca
    Posts
    471

    Newbie ?

    Why are there 2 threads for this case?
    Last edited by KeenEyes; 03-16-2010 at 01:27 AM. Reason: deleted a redundant word


  21. #103
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Divine Grace, Valley of Baca
    Posts
    471

    Newbie Question

    Why are there 2 threads for this case?
    Last edited by KeenEyes; 03-16-2010 at 08:59 PM. Reason: replaced "?" w/spelling


  22. #104
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
    Are golf carts frequently used on the course? If so, can they get near the pond the body was found in?
    Sure, you could drive a golf cart throughout that area since it is part of a hole on the course. I will say that it has been pretty wet and rainy in this area over the past week or so and this course tends to hold water in certain places. Because of this, I would guess that there has been a "cart path only" policy in effect for at least some of the last few days at Highland, which means that carts aren't allowed to be driven onto the actual course and must remain on the cart path at all times. I would be even more surprised if a cart was used since someone didn't drive the body out there on a golf cart during the day and if there was one used at night then I think our potential suspect pool just got cut down substantially.


  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elainebenice For This Useful Post:


  24. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Silicon Hills
    Posts
    9,233
    Quote Originally Posted by KeenEyes View Post
    Why are there 2 threads for this case?
    I think the other thread you're referring to is the 'Support' thread for Major....not really for sleuthing but a place to go for family & friends who need info/help, etc.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~



    Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org


Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •