835 users online (128 members and 707 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

CA - Corona, WhtFem 711UFCA, 17-21, blonde, in shallow grave, Dec'81

The Doe Network:
    Case File 711UFCA

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/711ufca.html

Reconstructions of Victim

Unidentified White Female

* The victim was discovered on December 18, 1981 in Corona, Riverside County, California

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 17-21 years old
    * Approximate Height and Weight: 5'8"; 133 lbs.
    * Distinguishing Characteristics: Blonde, short hair, with some red tints.
    * Dentals: Available.
    * Fingerprints: Available.

Case History
    The victim was located in a rural area, near State Road 91 freeway, near the McKinley offramp, in the City of Corona. It is unknown where she died. She was found in a shallow grave, nude with no jewelry or identification. Her death is being handled as a homicide.
    Convicted killer Henry Lee Lucas said he picked her up in Riverside and took her to Corona where he strangled her and buried her.

Investigators
    If you have any information about this case please contact:
    Riverside County Coroner
    951-443-2300
    You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
    48239; 81-023

Source Information:
    Riverside County Sheriff's Office
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-14-2013 at 01:10 AM.

I was sure that I had discussed this possible before, but I cannot find anything on either the UID or on this MP:

Kimberley Ann Kahler

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/..._kimberly.html

___

Strengths

• Age: 15 at DLC, 17 at approx time of murder (within range of 17 to 21)
    • Height: 5'8" - Exact Match
    • Weight: 145 (12 lbs heavier than UID)
    • Facial resemblance: Similar to drawing.
    • Hometown: Marina Del Rey, CA is 60 miles from Corona, CA
    • Hair Color: Auburn to Brown (Blonde streaks in photo) - UID described as Blonde with Red Tints.
    • Hairstyle: similar to drawing

Weaknesses
    • DLC: Jan 1980 - Nearly 2 years prior to date UID discovery. Circumstances indicate that she was last seen "in the company of an unknown male". Could be an abduction or could be a voluntary runaway situation. If the latter, two year lag would not necessarily be inconsistent, as the victim was apparently a hitchhiker.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-06-2012 at 08:32 PM.

Looks good to me, Carl. Lots of points of match and nothing obvious against it. The face looks pretty close to me.

I called it in, and they said that they had already compared DNA on Kimberly Kahler to this UID. No Match.

I asked if he had an exclusions list that he could make public so that we could avoid the duplicate submissions. He said that unfortunately, he does not keep logs of exclusions for each case.

But he thanked me for my efforts, and the response was friendly and cooperative. Chalk up Riverside County on the list of agencies that provide positive and friendly response.

That was quick!

UID girl from Orange County

there's this girl, victim of a homicide, but I think she may be smaller in size.

http://www.ocsd.org/8704092/

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    The Doe Network:
    Case File 711UFCA

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/711ufca.html

Reconstructions of Victim

Unidentified White Female

* The victim was discovered on December 18, 1981 in Corona, Riverside County, California

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 17-21 years old
    * Approximate Height and Weight: 5'8"; 133 lbs.
    * Distinguishing Characteristics: Blonde, short hair, with some red tints.
    * Dentals: Available.
    * Fingerprints: Available.

Case History
    The victim was located in a rural area, near State Road 91 freeway, near the McKinley offramp, in the City of Corona. It is unknown where she died. She was found in a shallow grave, nude with no jewelry or identification. Her death is being handled as a homicide.
    Convicted killer Henry Lee Lucas said he picked her up in Riverside and took her to Corona where he strangled her and buried her.

Investigators
    If you have any information about this case please contact:
    Riverside County Coroner
    951-443-2300
    You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
    48239; 81-023

Source Information:
    Riverside County Sheriff's Office
    A cautionary note, Henry Lee Lucas confessed to a number of murders that he didn't commit in order to be known as an extremely prolific serial killer, so I am really not sure if he murdered this young woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambercat View Post
    A cautionary note, Henry Lee Lucas confessed to a number of murders that he didn't commit in order to be known as an extremely prolific serial killer, so I am really not sure if he murdered this young woman.
    This is a little off-topic, but since you mention Henry Lee Lucas ...

I just got done reading Bringing Adam Home, the story of the Adam Walsh abduction and murder, and how it was that they finally proved that the perpetrator was Henry Lee Lucas' partner Ottis Toole.

For 27 years, it was assumed that Toole falsely confessed to Adam's murder. Toole confessed to the murder to numerous different friends, jailhouse cellmates, and detectives in details only the killer could have known. Hollywood FL Detectives decided it was a false confession, and refused any attempt to corroborate Toole's claims. The main detective in the case became fixated on a different suspect early in the investigation, and refused to consider anyone else.

In fact, Toole was the perpetrator, and there was plenty of rock-solid evidence to corroborate his statements, including a bloody imprint of Adam's face stamped like the Shroud-of-Turin on the floorboard carpeting of Toole's Cadillac. Hollywood Decectives never saw that evidence because they never bothered to develop the forensic team's rolls of photos taken of the car.

I bring this up because although Toole and Lucas did falsely confess to many murders, Law Enforcement may have gone to the opposite extreme and decided to discount nearly all of their confessions. In some LE jurisdictions (e.g., Hollywood FL) there is a culture of turf-wars, egos, laziness, arrogance, tunnel-vision, failure to ask basic questions, and refusal (or inability) to consider alternate theories. Tragically, it took 27 years for the Walsh Family to get an answer (that easily could have come 25 years ago), and that answer came only after Toole's death.

BTW, Bringing Adam Home is an excellent book and I recommend it to all on this board.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 07-18-2012 at 04:31 PM.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/7870/6/

She's the right height, and although her weight is off, she could have easily lost that much in the time between when she disappeared and when this Doe was found. Especially living a lifestyle on the streets. Also, it says they headed for San Diego, so it's not a stretch that she could have ended up a little north in Riverside at some point.

Whoa! She looks VERY similar! Definitely warrants a call in, Irish Eyes.

Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-06-2012 at 08:54 PM.

Oh wait hold on. She's been ruled out.

https://identifyus.org/cases/7138

Rebecca Dunn

Her height is a little bit less than the UID, but I think she looks vaguely like Connie Minchaca from Napa, CA.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases...se_information

Yesterday, Irish Eyes brought to our attention a MP case of a woman who was on the State of Missouri website, but not listed in NamUs or the other MP sites.

Janice A Younger

http://www.mshp.dps.mo.gov/CJ51/Sear...Type=A&county=

There was no photo of her on the State of Missouri site, but I was able to locate her freshman portrait in the 1977 Monett High School yearbook (taken four years prior to her disappearance).

I had brought up this Jane Doe as a possible. There was a strong resemblance, but since I didn't have much info on Janice's height, and Janice's hair looks dark in the photo, I didn't think too much of it.

I contacted Heather Elder of the State of Missouri Missing Persons unit.

She gave me the vital stats on Janice Younger:

MISSING PERSON OTHER **** ACTIVE CASE ****
    NAME: YOUNGER, JANICE A.
    SEX: F
    RACE: W
    DOB: 07-17-1962
    CURRENT AGE: 050
    HEIGHT: 507
    WEIGHT: 120
    HAIR: BLN
    EYE: BLU:
    DATE LAST SEEN: 07-17-1981

MISSING PERSON - STRANGER ABDUCTION
    CIRCUMSTANCE: S SO BARRY COUNTY-CASSVILLE

NIC: M188736904
    OCA: 83-1260

This info is spot-on to our Corona Jane Doe. Janice is 5'7", and the Jane Doe is listed as 5'8". Also, although Janice's hair looks brown in the photo, she is listed as blonde - Just as the Jane Doe is.

I submitted her as a possible match while I had Ms. Elder on the phone.

I also left a voicemail with Donna Winsatt of the Riverside County Coroner's Office.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-06-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Carl, did you get a reply?

Quote Originally Posted by masnitram View Post
    Carl, did you get a reply?
    No reply, but I did get an e-mail from Janice's sister about a month ago.

She is working with the state of Missouri. Janice may have been matched up to a 1983 UID found in Shell Knob MO, but her sister is going through a huge runaround trying to get confirmation.

At first, they lost the remains for about 25 years, and then they found them again and say that they have a mtDNA match. But they won't give her the DNA report. They won't release the remains (and may have lost them again). And they won't give her a death certificate. In addition, the skeletal remains were found with sandals and jewelry that definitely did not belong to Janice.

I suggested that in the meantime, if they aren't willing to close the Shell Knob case, then they should also do a mtDNA comparison to the Corona Jane Doe, since Janice is still officially a missing person. She said that she will keep me posted.

BTW, her sister says Janice was definitely taller than the listed 5'7", and may have been as tall as 5'10"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast