Staff member
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 711UFCA

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/711ufca.html
2777993280045078242S200x200Q85.jpg

Reconstructions of Victim

Unidentified White Female

* The victim was discovered on December 18, 1981 in Corona, Riverside County, California

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 17-21 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'8"; 133 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Blonde, short hair, with some red tints.
* Dentals: Available.
* Fingerprints: Available.

Case History
The victim was located in a rural area, near State Road 91 freeway, near the McKinley offramp, in the City of Corona. It is unknown where she died. She was found in a shallow grave, nude with no jewelry or identification. Her death is being handled as a homicide.
Convicted killer Henry Lee Lucas said he picked her up in Riverside and took her to Corona where he strangled her and buried her.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Riverside County Coroner
951-443-2300
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
48239; 81-023

Source Information:
Riverside County Sheriff's Office

I was sure that I had discussed this possible before, but I cannot find anything on either the UID or on this MP:

Kimberley Ann Kahler

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kahler_kimberly.html

2777993280045078242S200x200Q85.jpg
___
2493543150045078242S200x200Q851_zps6e681f43.jpg

Strengths

• Age: 15 at DLC, 17 at approx time of murder (within range of 17 to 21)
  • Height: 5'8" - Exact Match
  • Weight: 145 (12 lbs heavier than UID)
  • Facial resemblance: Similar to drawing.
  • Hometown: Marina Del Rey, CA is 60 miles from Corona, CA
  • Hair Color: Auburn to Brown (Blonde streaks in photo) - UID described as Blonde with Red Tints.
  • Hairstyle: similar to drawing

Weaknesses
  • DLC: Jan 1980 - Nearly 2 years prior to date UID discovery. Circumstances indicate that she was last seen "in the company of an unknown male". Could be an abduction or could be a voluntary runaway situation. If the latter, two year lag would not necessarily be inconsistent, as the victim was apparently a hitchhiker.

Looks good to me, Carl. Lots of points of match and nothing obvious against it. The face looks pretty close to me.

I called it in, and they said that they had already compared DNA on Kimberly Kahler to this UID. No Match.

I asked if he had an exclusions list that he could make public so that we could avoid the duplicate submissions. He said that unfortunately, he does not keep logs of exclusions for each case.

But he thanked me for my efforts, and the response was friendly and cooperative. Chalk up Riverside County on the list of agencies that provide positive and friendly response.

The Doe Network:
Case File 711UFCA

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/711ufca.html

Reconstructions of Victim

Unidentified White Female

* The victim was discovered on December 18, 1981 in Corona, Riverside County, California

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 17-21 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'8"; 133 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Blonde, short hair, with some red tints.
* Dentals: Available.
* Fingerprints: Available.

Case History
The victim was located in a rural area, near State Road 91 freeway, near the McKinley offramp, in the City of Corona. It is unknown where she died. She was found in a shallow grave, nude with no jewelry or identification. Her death is being handled as a homicide.
Convicted killer Henry Lee Lucas said he picked her up in Riverside and took her to Corona where he strangled her and buried her.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Riverside County Coroner
951-443-2300
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
48239; 81-023

Source Information:
Riverside County Sheriff's Office

A cautionary note, Henry Lee Lucas confessed to a number of murders that he didn't commit in order to be known as an extremely prolific serial killer, so I am really not sure if he murdered this young woman.

A cautionary note, Henry Lee Lucas confessed to a number of murders that he didn't commit in order to be known as an extremely prolific serial killer, so I am really not sure if he murdered this young woman.

This is a little off-topic, but since you mention Henry Lee Lucas ...

I just got done reading Bringing Adam Home, the story of the Adam Walsh abduction and murder, and how it was that they finally proved that the perpetrator was Henry Lee Lucas' partner Ottis Toole.

For 27 years, it was assumed that Toole falsely confessed to Adam's murder. Toole confessed to the murder to numerous different friends, jailhouse cellmates, and detectives in details only the killer could have known. Hollywood FL Detectives decided it was a false confession, and refused any attempt to corroborate Toole's claims. The main detective in the case became fixated on a different suspect early in the investigation, and refused to consider anyone else.

In fact, Toole was the perpetrator, and there was plenty of rock-solid evidence to corroborate his statements, including a bloody imprint of Adam's face stamped like the Shroud-of-Turin on the floorboard carpeting of Toole's Cadillac. Hollywood Decectives never saw that evidence because they never bothered to develop the forensic team's rolls of photos taken of the car.

I bring this up because although Toole and Lucas did falsely confess to many murders, Law Enforcement may have gone to the opposite extreme and decided to discount nearly all of their confessions. In some LE jurisdictions (e.g., Hollywood FL) there is a culture of turf-wars, egos, laziness, arrogance, tunnel-vision, failure to ask basic questions, and refusal (or inability) to consider alternate theories. Tragically, it took 27 years for the Walsh Family to get an answer (that easily could have come 25 years ago), and that answer came only after Toole's death.

BTW, Bringing Adam Home is an excellent book and I recommend it to all on this board.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/7870/6/

She's the right height, and although her weight is off, she could have easily lost that much in the time between when she disappeared and when this Doe was found. Especially living a lifestyle on the streets. Also, it says they headed for San Diego, so it's not a stretch that she could have ended up a little north in Riverside at some point.
15184.jpg

Yesterday, Irish Eyes brought to our attention a MP case of a woman who was on the State of Missouri website, but not listed in NamUs or the other MP sites.

Janice A Younger

http://www.mshp.dps.mo.gov/CJ51/SearchAction?page=7&personType=A&county=

There was no photo of her on the State of Missouri site, but I was able to locate her freshman portrait in the 1977 Monett High School yearbook (taken four years prior to her disappearance).

I had brought up this Jane Doe as a possible. There was a strong resemblance, but since I didn't have much info on Janice's height, and Janice's hair looks dark in the photo, I didn't think too much of it.

711UFCA.jpg
2956468620045078242S600x600Q851_zps90fee0ca.jpg

I contacted Heather Elder of the State of Missouri Missing Persons unit.

She gave me the vital stats on Janice Younger:

MISSING PERSON OTHER **** ACTIVE CASE ****
NAME: YOUNGER, JANICE A.
SEX: F
RACE: W
DOB: 07-17-1962
CURRENT AGE: 050
HEIGHT: 507
WEIGHT: 120
HAIR: BLN
EYE: BLU:
DATE LAST SEEN: 07-17-1981

MISSING PERSON - STRANGER ABDUCTION
CIRCUMSTANCE: S SO BARRY COUNTY-CASSVILLE

NIC: M188736904
OCA: 83-1260

This info is spot-on to our Corona Jane Doe. Janice is 5'7", and the Jane Doe is listed as 5'8". Also, although Janice's hair looks brown in the photo, she is listed as blonde - Just as the Jane Doe is.

I submitted her as a possible match while I had Ms. Elder on the phone.

I also left a voicemail with Donna Winsatt of the Riverside County Coroner's Office.

Carl, did you get a reply?

No reply, but I did get an e-mail from Janice's sister about a month ago.

She is working with the state of Missouri. Janice may have been matched up to a 1983 UID found in Shell Knob MO, but her sister is going through a huge runaround trying to get confirmation.

At first, they lost the remains for about 25 years, and then they found them again and say that they have a mtDNA match. But they won't give her the DNA report. They won't release the remains (and may have lost them again). And they won't give her a death certificate. In addition, the skeletal remains were found with sandals and jewelry that definitely did not belong to Janice.

I suggested that in the meantime, if they aren't willing to close the Shell Knob case, then they should also do a mtDNA comparison to the Corona Jane Doe, since Janice is still officially a missing person. She said that she will keep me posted.

BTW, her sister says Janice was definitely taller than the listed 5'7", and may have been as tall as 5'10"

No reply, but I did get an e-mail from Janice's sister about a month ago.

She is working with the state of Missouri. Janice may have been matched up to a 1983 UID found in Shell Knob MO, but her sister is going through a huge runaround trying to get confirmation.

At first, they lost the remains for about 25 years, and then they found them again and say that they have a mtDNA match. But they won't give her the DNA report. They won't release the remains (and may have lost them again). And they won't give her a death certificate. In addition, the skeletal remains were found with sandals and jewelry that definitely did not belong to Janice.

I suggested that in the meantime, if they aren't willing to close the Shell Knob case, then they should also do a mtDNA comparison to the Corona Jane Doe, since Janice is still officially a missing person. She said that she will keep me posted.

BTW, her sister says Janice was taller than the listed 5'7", and may have been as tall as 5'10"

Thanks for the update. It seems that every other viable option available in this case has already been ruled out, except Janice. Here's to hoping the answers come sooner than later.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/reglar_yvonne.html (her name is misspelled "Reglar" in some sources)

On the Yvonne Regler GBNF 1970's thread, Yvonne's niece (lesalia17) showed up and made a few comments.

OH - Yvonne Regler, 17, Fairview Park, 8 Aug 1977

Since the only photo available of Yvonne was of very poor quality, I asked her if she had any additional photos of Yvonne. She provided three additional photos of Yvonne, two of which give very good looks at her teeth. (I did some significant restoration of one of the photos, so I am showing this one which is hasn't been altered).

YvonneReglar001.jpg
711UFCA.jpg

When I looked closely at her teeth, I noticed that her #7 and #10 are peg teeth, just as is described of this Jane Doe:

Here is the photo of Yvonne's teeth, and an enhancement of the same photo to emphasize the shapes of her teeth.

ce393067-39b1-4097-b709-089804a86c01.jpg

UP7138 - Dental Comments
#7"peg" latertal anatomical shape
#10 "peg" lateral anantomical shape
#29 rotated 90 degrees to distal

If you add in that Yvonne was tall (as was the Jane Doe), fits the age specs, and and bears a reasonable resemblance to the recon. This might be worth a look.

Agreed?

Man, Carl you are the most observant guy I have ever not met, but talked to in a forum. It is always nice when the stats match to a MP and an UID but when you have some other significant evidence like not one but two dental matches with this UID I believe that this is the best candidate for a match to Corona Jane Doe. Not only that but I am sure you noticed the way the tip of the nose is triangle shaped, and the nostrils point out to the corners of the mouth. The shape of the nose, eyes are similar. If she were to go blonde some red streaks would remain. The hair color is the only downside I see. I'm rooting for this one. Good match bro.

Just an opinion, but definitely agreed! Very much worth a look. Send it...

Whatcha think sleuthers?

wow, it is so nice to see a clear photo of yvonne after staring at that grainy b & w one all these years! The full body picture really is helpful too. Big thanks to CarlK and all for keeping the chatter up in her MP thread...and to her niece for reaching out.

Reminds me to always be mindful and respectful to the families of the missing, who for various reasons, may not even be aware of a continued search for their loved ones until something inspires them to google the name...and they end up here in our forums.

I think the teeth, Carl, are really close..but then again its hard to tell--#7 looks like it might be overlapping rather than peg...

The ear shape is always of interest to me...looks like her lobes are fully attached.

another possible not on the rule out list is diana munyon: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/14231

she ran away from missouri in 1981 (not specified when) and was last seen in fontana, california. in addition to her looks and demographics matching with recon/UID also looks like she had lateral peg incisors.

my guess is that she hasn't been compared because her family reported they last heard from her in May 1982. however, she was compared to several Green River UIDs so I am wondering what the contact was...if it was vague enough like a postcard or letter to suggest she may have moved.

if it was a phone call (though hard to imagine a runaway affording long distance calls unless she called collect) then that would obviously rule her out.

i also wonder how accurate the "may 1982" LKA is.

lots of questionables in the time line but having seen similar timeline problems in eventual match ups cropping up a lot lately, I think it would probably be worthwhile confirming a rule out.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back