Page 1 of 36 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Orondo/Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #7

WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Orondo/Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #7

Please continue here.

Salem

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97307"]Thread 6[/ame]

Reminders:

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Please continue here.

Thread 5

Thanks,

Salem

Threadiquette

TOS (Terms of Service)

Please keep in mind that rumors are rumors. It really doesn't matter how "good" your source is, rumors are rumors. Nothing becomes fact until LE or the Media present it as fact. All posts that do not include facts, should include the words speculation, theory or rumor.

Remember - we do not discuss minors, and in this particular case, we do not discuss poetry.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hoppyfrog View Post
    Dear Posters:

We've actually been quite permissive in this thread in allowing posters to post about rumors they have heard.

Back in the day, we were quite strict about not posting rumors.

It's ok to go ahead and post rumors, but two things:

1. You must clearly label them as rumors.

2. They must not be so wildly outlandish that they are unbelieveable.

If you post something you got from another site or in the media, please provide the link, as always.

Thanks,

Hoppy

Quote Originally Posted by hoppyfrog View Post
    Peeps:

There is to be absolutely no discussion here at WS of the details of MC's parents' divorce. We've already stated that. And now we're stating it again.

Also, it is against TOS to try to guess or sleuth the identity of another poster at WS.

Thanks,

Hoppy
    mod

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

First time poster.

I personally think that linking the R bros (if they are indeed bros...perhaps related some other way?) to MC is a stretch. BUT, I will add that I went to school with a CR (not sure if same one...age would be 39/40), and he and the other guys he hung around with were not good people. I thought I was possibly in his cross hairs (so to speak) through Jr HS and HS and so avoided him (bathroom, smoking areas, etc...) and have always felt that if that happened as an adult, I would have to do something about it. That was a group that I was truly afraid of. As an example: Around 91 or so a WVC football player instigated a fight with one of CR's friends, a fight that ended with the football player taking a few hits to his head from a 3 foot pipe. If it's the same CR, his rap sheet doesn't change my opinion. Of course, this is more than likely not related. I'm just sharing personal knowledge of a CR.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TylerDurden For This Useful Post:

Bag on head

Although I believe the bag was put there so killer didn't have to look at her... what if the bag was placed PRIOR to her death... aka--suffocation/strangulation as COD. She was seemingly not a super small girl (height) and worked out (so strong) but could they have put the bag over head as a suffocation tactic then strangled her... and regarding the beat up face, maybe that was done while the bag was on her head as well.... just a thought.

babynurse789

6. The Following User Says Thank You to babynurse789 For This Useful Post:

Does anyone know if the friend from Tacoma was questioned? Has anyone provided tip info on this person?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to suns For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by greydiggity View Post
    Just to keep the rumor mill up and running, I also heard as soon as she went missing that it involved a boy or boys from Tacoma. I was told that immediately. I didn't want to say it first because I didn't know how good my source was. Now that I have woken up this morning and read all the night time posts, I concur that she was meeting up with a Tacoma person. How far is Tacoma? Might be why her friends were saying "she seemed happier in the weeks prior to her murder"?
    I heard the same thing almost immediately after she went missing as well... Boys from Tacoma, and I should check Myspace/FB. This info was from young people who said she had multiple "boyfriends".

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to h20skiier For This Useful Post:

Is JF still in town? Anything new on him?
    Last edited by Dogdad; 03-09-2010 at 01:14 PM. Reason: corrected initials, Thanks suns

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dogdad For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dogdad View Post
    Is RF still in town? Anything new on him?
    Do you mean JF?

Quote Originally Posted by babynurse789 View Post
    Although I believe the bag was put there so killer didn't have to look at her... what if the bag was placed PRIOR to her death... aka--suffocation/strangulation as COD. She was seemingly not a super small girl (height) and worked out (so strong) but could they have put the bag over head as a suffocation tactic then strangled her... and regarding the beat up face, maybe that was done while the bag was on her head as well.... just a thought.

babynurse789
    For whatever reason, there seems to be a lot of speculation that she was not strangled. There have been more than a few posts with what seems to be "quite a bit of knowledge" that allude to the fact that strangulation was not her COD. Not sure how they know that, however it has been mentioned quite a few times. I guess we won't know that until it is released. Interesting point you make about placing the bag before her face was beaten. I hadn't thought of that. I just assumed they couldn't face what they were doing to her and covered her up. The bag on the face (depending what type of bag) might contain the evidence a bit more. It would keep the blood splatter to a minimum (sorry) and keep pieces of her intact as to not have too much spread around the scene?

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greydiggity For This Useful Post:

OT-Court appearance live feed in Chelsea King case in about 15 Minutes.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97485"]Court Appearance-3-9-10 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

pufnstuf is offline "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"
    Still looking back through old articles. Found this quotation by the Task Force spokesman. WTF?

Cowell was last seen by surveillance cameras as she was leaving the Academy of Hair Design. The cameras didn't capture anyone suspicious in the parking lot, and investigators said Cowell didn't appear to be in a hurry.

"We have pretty much ruled out that this is an abduction," police Capt. Doug Jones said last week. "She got into that car alone we had the car under surveillance all day."

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/8...#idc-container

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pufnstuf For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by suns View Post
    Does anyone know if the friend from Tacoma was questioned? Has anyone provided tip info on this person?
    I just got off the phone with the tip line. Gave them the info we dug up. It *appeared* to be information they didn't have (asked spelling of name, didn't say, "Yeah, we've heard of him," etc.), but who knows? They may be playing it cool.

One problem I have with BC (I'm fairly convinced he's not a minor) is that we've tended to speculate that the perp knew the area. This dude is from Tacoma.

That said, CB is a popular vacation/party destination, and BC's Facebook page lists him as a fan of Crystal Mt. (skiier?), so maybe he is familiar with Mission Ridge?

Gah! IDK!

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jarethamarie For This Useful Post:

Murderers often cover the faces of victims that they know. They don’t want this person they know looking at them or in some cases they cover their faces as a show of respect or care. In turn, if the victim is unknown to the murder they will not care.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to James Vic For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pufnstuf View Post
    Still looking back through old articles. Found this quotation by the Task Force spokesman. WTF?

Cowell was last seen by surveillance cameras as she was leaving the Academy of Hair Design. The cameras didn't capture anyone suspicious in the parking lot, and investigators said Cowell didn't appear to be in a hurry.

"We have pretty much ruled out that this is an abduction," police Capt. Doug Jones said last week. "She got into that car alone we had the car under surveillance all day."

"Surveillance all day"...I wonder why???....maybe she was into drugs and thats what the surveillance was all about. Just because the was so busy all the time doesn't mean she didn't dable in drugs...interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by slowbutsteady View Post
    "Surveillance all day"...I wonder why???....maybe she was into drugs and thats what the surveillance was all about. Just because the was so busy all the time doesn't mean she didn't dable in drugs...interesting.
    I took that to mean the car was visible on the surveillance video in the parking lot all day... Interesting.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jarethamarie For This Useful Post:

I think they just meant while the car was in the Academy parking lot it was under surveillance b/c the camera runs 24/7...not that they were scouting her out and watching

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cmlegend99 For This Useful Post:

I heard the Tacoma connection early on as well through Academy of Hair Deisign people. I think the day after they found her car. I also heard shortly after that they had ruled out those people and verified whereabouts. Would someone from Tacoma know to go to CB?

I know a lot of people here have dismissed the gang relation, but I'm not so sure. Maybe a girlfriend of one of these gang D-bags, or someone jealous over VDD? Or perhaps pissed or angry that he goes to jail for violating probation from charges stemming back to 05? Though, if it gets confirmed that was her at the carwash and she was with a guy then............then I will have to think about it more.

I think it means that they've got surveillance camera vid of her moving around Wenatchee before she disappeared.

I don't think it means police surveillance.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pufnstuf For This Useful Post:

I need help... can anyone find video or photos of inside the Academy of Hair Design? I know I've seen at least one video, and I'm trying to find it now, but I can't find it. Ugh.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be majorly appreciative.

Something has been bothering me about PC and the search before MC was found. Let me know if I'm way off base with this...

LE has stated that the search dogs lost the trail/scent at the pavement. In my understanding search dogs are giving an item of clothing (etc) with the scent of the specific person for whom they are searching. This allows the dogs to sort out other scents and follow one particular "trail". There had to me numerous other people around the vehicle before the search dog arrived and picked up a scent meaning LE directed the dog after a specific person/scent and I would assume it to be MC. So... either MC was up in PC, or LE have a POI. I think MC had to be up in PC. Am I wrong?

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to h20skiier For This Useful Post:

I need help... can anyone find video or photos of inside the Academy of Hair Design? I know I've seen at least one video, and I'm trying to find it now, but I can't find it. Ugh.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be majorly appreciative.
    Again, I am new here but I am wondering why you would be interested in this information.

Same thing with the cat who was wondering when the pond at the CB house was built. What could that possibly do with MC's murder?

Quote Originally Posted by h20skiier View Post
    Something has been bothering me about PC and the search before MC was found. Let me know if I'm way off base with this...

LE has stated that the search dogs lost the trail/scent at the pavement. In my understanding search dogs are giving an item of clothing (etc) with the scent of the specific person for whom they are searching. This allows the dogs to sort out other scents and follow one particular "trail". There had to me numerous other people around the vehicle before the search dog arrived and picked up a scent meaning LE directed the dog after a specific person/scent and I would assume it to be MC. So... either MC was up in PC, or LE have a POI. I think MC had to be up in PC. Am I wrong?
    The bloodhounds did not pick up any scent. I think it was an early rumor they did, but they didn't. I have a link floating around if you want to see it?

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greydiggity For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by h20skiier View Post

I believe that you are correct about the dogs. It could be that the dogs used the scent from the driverís seat, or even the first track. It is too bad that there are so many holes in this case.

This statement has raised a lot of questions. When I first read it I took it to mean that the camera was running from the time she pulled until the time she left that particular lot because the camera there is always on.

Unless there were some kind of threats/harassment that took place days prior that we don't know about I don't know why her car would be placed under surveillance.

She could have been involved in something police were watching, but nothing about her character seems to really point to major illegal activity. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by jarethamarie View Post

That said, CB is a popular vacation/party destination, and BC's Facebook page lists him as a fan of Crystal Mt. (skiier?), so maybe he is familiar with Mission Ridge?

Gah! IDK!
    When the Tacoma person was first mentioned I didn't think much of it because I agree that it appears this was done by someone who knew the area. However, you have just convinced me that it is a possibility. Anyone who visits Mission Ridge frequently would probably know Pitcher Canyon Rd. They might not know where it leads or that it is a dead end, but they would know where it was. Based on the fact that it is such a stupid place to leave a vehicle you don't want found, it is very possible they drove up not realizing it ended. I still feel strongly that someone intended to move it later, but observant neighbors crushed that plan.

I don't ski or snowboard, but many people do. There are a lot of people that come here over the winter months specifically for Mission Ridge. There are also a lot of people who come here over the summer months specifically for CB. I believe it is Labor Day weekend that all of the teens go out there for a giant party with people from all over the state.... Although it is pretty much like that all summer.

Anyway, now I have rambled on and on. My point is simply that you all have convinced me that it doesn't have to be a local. Way to be persuasive!!

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissAnonymous For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by greydiggity View Post
    The bloodhounds did not pick up any scent. I think it was an early rumor they did, but they didn't. I have a link floating around if you want to see it?
    Absolutely. Thanks!

42. The Following User Says Thank You to h20skiier For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    Again, I am new here but I am wondering why you would be interested in this information.

Same thing with the cat who was wondering when the pond at the CB house was built. What could that possibly do with MC's murder?
    One of the cool things about this forum is that with so many sleuthers, one person's idea might spark off another for someone else. I think that's why we tend to look at all angles, no matter how unconnected they may seem on the surface...

When was the pond built? Maybe someone is wondering if the perp may be familiar with the property he worked on the installation.

Why would someone want to see photos inside the academy? Maybe because they'd show the people MC was surrounded by on a regular basis.

The thing is, we don't KNOW what's going to provide a break, so we entertain every possibility.

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jarethamarie For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 36 1234567891011 ... LastLast