2010.03.09 Court Appearance

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
The below link states that this appearance will be live streamed at 9:30AM PST. If anyone comes across actual live links, post them here. Thanks!

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/Court-Appearance-for-Chelsea-King-Suspect--87117937.html

John Albert Gardner III is scheduled to appear in court in less than an hour for a hearing in connection with the murder and possible rape of Chelsea King. NBCSanDiego will stream the appearance live beginning at 9:30 a.m.
Odds are strong that no new information will be revealed.
At today's status hearing, the prosecution and defense will announce if they're ready to proceed with the preliminary hearing in the King case. It's scheduled for March 18. More at link.

Source: Court Appearance for Chelsea King Suspect | NBC San Diego

ok - this is what I got:

Media request: granted was this for the parole records to be unsealed request?

Prelim Hearing set for Aug. 4 at 8:15 AM

Protective order motin by the defense: granted was this the "gag order" we kept hearing about last night?

Was that protective order for a phone #?

I couldn't quite catch that.

tia
fran

from what I understand from a trial atty the had on news 10 right after hearing.. this was not the gag order. I guess we will see though

Since that "protective order motion" was "filed with the court" (handing it to the judge) will we get to see what it says?

JAG was kept in a little room - although he did stand up and walk over to the spot where he could answer yes or no questions. I noticed they had "white paper" over the glass in the room so it was impossible to see him when he was sitting down.

Also, what was it the judge asked about "the other case under a different case #" - would that, could that, be the case they are building against him with Amber?

swag the trial atty also said that paper in the wondows of that room is standard it keeps them from communicating with the public. I am wondering about the other case perhaps being the Jogger from dec the positivley connected him to?

Channel 9 just reported that the protective order was to protect Gardner, assigning 2 deputies to stand by his side at all times.

Darker circles under his eyes today. Is it mean? I want to see some sign of haggardness if I can't see any remorse.

August 4th prelim hearing now scheduled...that's a long time away

Just wondering - was any of his family in court today? TIA

I missed the court hearing today as I slept in. I'm surprised that the preliminary hearing has been set for Aug. 4 - that's 4 and 1/2 months away. But, I guess that gives LE and the prosecution time to do a thorough investigation of possible other cases. I think it's possible there will be other victims.

KNX 1070 news (radio) reported that there's a gag order in this case. Did the judge issue a gag order?

Edited to add that I found the answer to that question...................

"San Diego Superior Court Judge David Danielsen also issued a gag order in the case. It prohibits law enforcement and attorneys from releasing any information or opinion concerning the trial, or evidence that may be offered or on ongoing investigations related to Gardner."

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/09/new-hearing-date-set-and-gag-order-issued-chelsea-/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith
Back