GUILTY LA - Murry & Jaime Day for starving 9yo boy, Lake Charles, 2010

Kimberlyd125

Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athlet
Reaction score
http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=12111226

LAKE CHARLES, LA (WAFB) - A Lake Charles woman is facing child cruelty charges after her 9-year-old stepson was found living in squalid living conditions. The boy weighed 38 pounds when he was removed from the home and taken to a local hospital for treatment for malnutrition and hypothermia.

He was found with multiple bruises to his body and face, as well as a second degree burn on his back caused by his stepmother allegedly putting a sock filled with hot rice on it.

Detectives believe the abuse began late last year.

***more at link***
Makes me sick.

He was already taken away from his "mother" for abuse, now his stepmother and father treat him like this. This baby didn't have any adult allies. Horrible.

At least bond is $5.5 million. She aint going anywhere.
Father's is set at $2 million. He aint goint anywhere either.

The leash to keep him in his room has my blood boiling.

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=12111226

LAKE CHARLES, LA (WAFB) - A Lake Charles woman is facing child cruelty charges after her 9-year-old stepson was found living in squalid living conditions. The boy weighed 38 pounds when he was removed from the home and taken to a local hospital for treatment for malnutrition and hypothermia.

He was found with multiple bruises to his body and face, as well as a second degree burn on his back caused by his stepmother allegedly putting a sock filled with hot rice on it.

Detectives believe the abuse began late last year.

***more at link***
Makes me sick.

He was already taken away from his "mother" for abuse, now his stepmother and father treat him like this. This baby didn't have any adult allies. Horrible.

Poor little guy -- he was treated horribly...

On February 19 the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office received a complaint from a woman living in Moss Bluff concerning the welfare of a nine year old child. When questioned by a deputy, the complainant advised him the child was very thin and possibly being forced to stay in his bedroom. The deputy also learned the child resided with his father and stepmother in south Lake Charles.

The deputy traveled to the house in south Lake Charles to check on the welfare of the child. Once inside the house he observed a dog leash that was tied from one door knob to another to keep a nine year old boy weighing 38 pounds inside the room where he was laying on the only thing in the room, a filthy foam pallet on top of box springs covered with blood. On the pallet was a bloody and urine saturated sheet. The smell of urine was very strong in the room. The boy was dressed in a t-shirt, shorts and wearing a diaper with multiple bruises to his body and face.

The boy was taken to the hospital where he stayed for 13 days. It was determined at the hospital his body temperature was 92 ° which indicated he was in hypothermia due to malnutrition.

Further investigation revealed his stepmother, Jaime B. Day, 27, of Lake Charles, was depriving the child of food, not allowing him to eat with the family but forcing him to watch the family eat. It was also determined the boy would be so hungry at times he would eat his own feces and drink his own urine to survive.
CPSO Detective Michael Primeaux is the lead investigator on this case. The investigation is continuing with more arrests possible.

http://www.katc.com/news/captive-nine-year-old-boy-found-weighing-38-pounds/

Prayers for this boy that he finds a loving, nurturing home -- and *every* person who should be prosecuted gets more than a slap on the wrist.

Poor little guy -- he was treated horribly...

On February 19 the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office received a complaint from a woman living in Moss Bluff concerning the welfare of a nine year old child. When questioned by a deputy, the complainant advised him the child was very thin and possibly being forced to stay in his bedroom. The deputy also learned the child resided with his father and stepmother in south Lake Charles.

The deputy traveled to the house in south Lake Charles to check on the welfare of the child. Once inside the house he observed a dog leash that was tied from one door knob to another to keep a nine year old boy weighing 38 pounds inside the room where he was laying on the only thing in the room, a filthy foam pallet on top of box springs covered with blood. On the pallet was a bloody and urine saturated sheet. The smell of urine was very strong in the room. The boy was dressed in a t-shirt, shorts and wearing a diaper with multiple bruises to his body and face.

The boy was taken to the hospital where he stayed for 13 days. It was determined at the hospital his body temperature was 92 ° which indicated he was in hypothermia due to malnutrition.

Further investigation revealed his stepmother, Jaime B. Day, 27, of Lake Charles, was depriving the child of food, not allowing him to eat with the family but forcing him to watch the family eat. It was also determined the boy would be so hungry at times he would eat his own feces and drink his own urine to survive........................................
CPSO Detective Michael Primeaux is the lead investigator on this case. The investigation is continuing with more arrests possible.

Prayers for this boy that he finds a loving, nurturing home -- and *every* person who should be prosecuted gets more than a slap on the wrist.

BBM and put in black by me...

OMG!!!!:furious:

My goodness...her mood on her myspace says PREGNANT

if i hear anything about the economy on this one im gonna put my head thru a wall......

if i hear anything about the economy on this one im gonna put my head thru a wall......

I hear ya.

No way the economy can be blamed for this kind of evil.

They had money to feed themselves and 2 other kids, just not him.
Makes me sick how they ate in front of him and would not let him eat.

I mean, 9 years old and 38 pounds?!?!?!?!!!!

SICK SICK SICK

I hope they rot in a cell then in ....well you know.

I hear ya.

No way the economy can be blamed for this kind of evil.

They had money to feed themselves and 2 other kids, just not him.
Makes me sick how they ate in front of him and would not let him eat.

I mean, 9 years old and 38 pounds?!?!?!?!!!!

SICK SICK SICK

I hope they rot in a cell then in ....well you know.

Sometimes I wish we could post creative 'names' (the really good ones, like the posters at pysih.com use) for monsters like this.

Monster & just doesn't describe 'things' like this. :mad:

Come to think of it, I think I'll let the editors @ pysih know about this case.

I've been sitting here thinking, there was prior abuse by his mother, he was taken from her and placed in his "father's" home along with "stepmommy".

My thought is, was no one looking after this child as in some sort of child protection agency???? No one noticed a 9 year old was not in school?

I don't get it.

:furious:

I'll never understand how someone can treat another like this.

It looks like this is her Myspace. She says she's pregnant. I tell ya, if I could make the rules for just one day...I'd say let her have that baby, then torture the stupid B!tch for a year before shooting her.

http://www.myspace.com/jaimebrooks1214

Kudos to this Judge:

~snip & bbm~
Day has been charged with 25 counts of cruelty to a juvenile and 2 counts of 2nd degree cruelty to a juvenile. Judge David Ritchie set her bond at $5.5 million. She has been booked into the Calcasieu Correctional Center.
The father, Murry Dalton Day, 30, same address, is being charged with 5 counts of cruelty to a juvenile; and 1 counts of 2nd degree cruelty to a juvenile. Judge David Ritchie set his bond at $2 million. A warrant has been issued for his arrest. He is expected to turn himself into the Calcasieu Correctional Center today. ~end snip~

I hope the time they get when sentenced reflects the bond amounts. What a horrible story. This is meanness, pure and simple - meanness.

The father should also be charged with Failure to Protect.

Salem

Oh this poor child!
In the article it says his mother lost custody and her rights were terminated because of abuse so even before he was with this he was a victim. Has he ever known someone who cared and protected him?
I'm glad both their bails are so high but IMO the father should be facing even more charges than the s-m.
Starving a child and making them watch the family eat, uhhhh that is a new level in evil!
In jail the female inmates are actually worse than the male and I hope she is in a pod with a whole lot of women who are missing their children! She will find no friends there.

So glad someone who knew what was going on got help, they saved a life. I wonder how many others knew what was going on?

VB

This made me SICK to my stomach. Finally a Judge who is paying attention and acting appropriately.

Prayers for the little boy and the other 2 children.

JMO

Kudos to this Judge:

~snip & bbm~
Day has been charged with 25 counts of cruelty to a juvenile and 2 counts of 2nd degree cruelty to a juvenile. Judge David Ritchie set her bond at $5.5 million. She has been booked into the Calcasieu Correctional Center.
The father, Murry Dalton Day, 30, same address, is being charged with 5 counts of cruelty to a juvenile; and 1 counts of 2nd degree cruelty to a juvenile. Judge David Ritchie set his bond at $2 million. A warrant has been issued for his arrest. He is expected to turn himself into the Calcasieu Correctional Center today. ~end snip~

I hope the time they get when sentenced reflects the bond amounts. What a horrible story. This is meanness, pure and simple - meanness.

The father should also be charged with Failure to Protect.

Salem

A thread was started yesterday on this case, Salem -- maybe you can merge these?

Lake Charles Louisiana Woman/25 counts of cruelty to a juvenile - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

This is one of the saddest cases. The boy was found laying on a blood and urine soaked foam pad.

This little boy was taken from his mother's custody because of abuse, and ended up with his (excuse me) ball-less father and the step-mother from hell.

I hope he can survive this psychologically. How broken his heart must be. How strong his will to live must be---to eat feces and drink urine to survive, his hunger must have been too great to bear.

These "parents" need to never see any of the children again, even the ones that were not abused. And this child needs to go into therapy immediately.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97502"]Lake Charles Louisiana Woman/25 counts of cruelty to a juvenile - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thread on this case - started yesterday. How do we merge?

I'm sorry guys. I didn't realize a thread had already been started for this case.

I have been so sad thinking about this little boy today. I can't get the thought out of my head of him watching his family eat while he was starving. He is the same age as my son. How can anyone be evil enough to do this to an innocent child?

I'm sorry guys. I didn't realize a thread had already been started for this case.

I have been so sad thinking about this little boy today. I can't get the thought out of my head of him watching his family eat while he was starving. He is the same age as my son. How can anyone be evil enough to do this to an innocent child?

I agree.

The part that really made my blood boil is that he was so hungry, he ate his own feces and drank his own urine. Poor baby.

Oh, and the fact they used a leash so he couldn't leave his room.

they don't deserve to breathe the same air as that poor child
I hope he can recover both physically & psychologically from this and goes on to lead a happy, healthy life
I hope he can grow up in a loving home and become the kind of parent he never had

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back