2010.03.10 Theories about DNA Analysis on CD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

VALee

Reaction score
The CDs feature DNA charts and graphs with no explanation, and no new photos or documents. Aggravating for sleuthy-types.

My theory: I wonder if Caylee's father has come forward, would certainly help explain volumes of DNA evidence, and that his identify/personal info is what the State went behind closed doors with JS to keep from the defense for now.

What do you think?:waitasec:

There was some mention of DNA testing to rule out GA or LA as Caylee's father, though I doubt that would be included in this dump as pertaining to the case.

More likely this is relating to identifying remains, and various other samples from the Anthony home, cars, and remains site.

I'm sure touch-DNA from the duct tape is too much to hope for, and if found would have been hyped alot more.

There was some mention of DNA testing to rule out GA or LA as Caylee's father, though I doubt that would be included in this dump as pertaining to the case.

More likely this is relating to identifying remains, and various other samples from the Anthony home, cars, and remains site.

I'm sure touch-DNA from the duct tape is too much to hope for, and if found would have been hyped alot more.

We already have sufficient DNA results in the released docs to rule out GA and LA as Caylee's father.

My theory is that these are the detailed DNA results on all the items for which we already have the short-form results. The charts we saw with a dozen or so DNA "data points" for each person and item were not the complete DNA results. However, they were complete enough to draw the conclusions drawn from them. I don't think these DNA files will be at all new or interesting, unfortunately.

BBM. Perhaps, since one of the A's (Lee I think) when asked why they were not sure Caylee was deceased said that they hadn't seen the DNA results. (In the State Deposition).

I am hoping that the explanation/labeling/corresponding report is on one of the disks that cannot be opened yet. I hope someone will be able to get them open for us!!!!

I know this thread is about the DNA but I haven't seen this anywhere and it's about the doc dump... I thought we were supposed to be getting more interview transcripts too?

I finally get a day off on "Doc Dump Day" and all it turns out to be is "Undetermined DNA Day"

Figures lol

I know this thread is about the DNA but I haven't seen this anywhere and it's about the doc dump... I thought we were supposed to be getting more interview transcripts too?

Maybe they are on the other disks that couldn't be read?

http://www.wftv.com/news/22794649/detail.html

"All of the files require the proprietary software and, even using the software, only some of the files would open for WFTV. Sources told WFTV that the State Attorney's Office and the defense had similar problems actually accessing the files.".....this makes no sense to me. Does this mean the State got the disks from somewhere else (FBI or expert) and couldn't open them? Why would they release them until they got ones the could open? Or were they eventually able to open them? I wish we would get some clarification from the State on this.

That would be wonderful, but so far, the reports are it is 9 CD's of incomprehensible DNA charts with no notes or docs.

You can see a sample page at this site http://www.wesh.com/news/22795525/detail.html.

<snipped from the article on WESH.com>

"The CDs feature DNA charts and graphs with no explanation, and no new photos or documents.

One defense attorney said the discs contain some kind of DNA standards requested by the Anthony defense team. The data on the discs requires special software to view."

I just got a copy of today's discovery from Muzikman :rocker:. The naming scheme for the directories and files is pretty straightforward, so it is no wonder the media could not figure it out :rolleyes:. Actually, I take that partially back. Muzikman :rocker: told me a couple minutes ago that Tony Pipitone must have figured it out too, based on his noon report.

Anyway, one of the discs has the title "knowns" (disc 121). There are three sub-directories, for example NR009010709. That is an FBI lab number. You can find the printed material corresponding to this lab beginning with discovery page 8766 released on September 29.

Digging into the directory is a file ._NR009010709KB1 6. The graph for this sample can be found on discovery page 8770.

So the trick will be seeing if there is anything in the materials from today that does not have a corresponding release from last fall. It means checking all the sample IDs from last fall's discovery - an ugly little task. I might do that tonight.

But unless something new is in this discovery, I think you are looking at the raw data files used to generate the tables and graphs from last fall. :banghead:

Hmmm....wonder if these are the documents from FBI that were discussed on two different occasions by Baez in court hearings? Remember when JS told JB that he could not order SA to demand that FBI send documents to Baez (don't think SA was even in possession of them yet), nor could he (JS) order the FBI to turn them over (no jurisdiction), but told Baez that he would have to contact FBI himself and it was up to them whether or not to turn over at that particular time (this was last year)...

That's what Iwas wondering as well.

I thought they were going to release other documents too, not just the discs ....how very disappointing :(

I just got a copy of today's discovery from Muzikman :rocker:. The naming scheme for the directories and files is pretty straightforward, so it is no wonder the media could not figure it out :rolleyes:. Actually, I take that partially back. Muzikman :rocker: told me a couple minutes ago that Tony Pipitone must have figured it out too, based on his noon report.

Anyway, one of the discs has the title "knowns" (disc 121). There are three sub-directories, for example NR009010709. That is an FBI lab number. You can find the printed material corresponding to this lab beginning with discovery page 8766 released on September 29.

Digging into the directory is a file ._NR009010709KB1 6. The graph for this sample can be found on discovery page 8770.

So the trick will be seeing if there is anything in the materials from today that does not have a corresponding release from last fall. It means checking all the sample IDs from last fall's discovery - an ugly little task. I might do that tonight.

But unless something new is in this discovery, I think you are looking at the raw data files used to generate the tables and graphs from last fall. :banghead:

Thank you!!!!

What the heck happened???

6:11 p.m. EST, February 26, 2010

"Hundreds of pages of more evidence in the first-degree murder case against Casey Anthony have been released to her defense team, according to a notice filed Friday in Orange County Circuit Court.

State prosecutors listed 19 items — mostly CDs and a few DVDs — that were released to Casey Anthony's defense as part of the discovery process.

The items released include interviews, photos and transcripts. The notice states there are enhanced photos from the FBI of the trunk of Casey Anthony's vehicle...."

(snipped)

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...as-equusearch-discove20100226,0,2448621.story

we'll get the transcripts etc. eventually..

Posted: 6:18 am EST March 10,2010Updated: 12:44 pm EST March 10,2010
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- New evidence in the case against Casey Anthony was released Wednesday morning, but it's incomprehensible and sheds no new light on the case.

There are more than a 1,000 pages of documents that have been provided to the defense recently that may be publicly released soon.
---------------------snipped-----------------
http://www.wftv.com/news/22794649/detail.html

Hmmm....wonder if these are the documents from FBI that were discussed on two different occasions by Baez in court hearings? Remember when JS told JB that he could not order SA to demand that FBI send documents to Baez (don't think SA was even in possession of them yet), nor could he (JS) order the FBI to turn them over (no jurisdiction), but told Baez that he would have to contact FBI himself and it was up to them whether or not to turn over at that particular time (this was last year)...
Oh, I remember...all too well. Wouldn't it be funny if the FBI put a "secret code" on it just to give the defense a hard time for asking for it so dang much?!

Oh, I remember...all to well. Wouldn't it be funny if the FBI put a "secret code" on it just to give the defense a hard time for asking for it so dang much?!

:floorlaugh:

Darn, he'll have to file another motion to get the decoder ring

:biglaugh:

Heavens to mercy! THANK YOU for explaining that in plain English! And God Bless you on your journey as you compare all those sample IDs. :blowkiss:

Quoting my post ... bad form and all ... just to inflate my stats.

I've looked through all of the discs. Tony P.'s noon report stands accurate. There is nothing new in this discovery. :eek:

Quoting my post ... bad form and all ... just to inflate my stats.

I've looked through all of the discs. Tony P.'s noon report stands accurate. There is nothing new in this discovery. :eek:

Even though this is so disappointing, I wanted to thank you so much for doing all the research for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy