1575 users online (320 members and 1255 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

IN - State Police investigate worst child sex abuse case in southern Indiana

S. IN police make final arrest in child sex abuse case
    Posted: Mar 08, 2010 6:03 PM CST Updated: Mar 08, 2010 7:37 PM CST

SELLERSBURG, IN (WAVE) - The third and final suspect is in custody in what police are calling one of the worst child sex abuse investigations they've ever seen.

Michael Priddy Jr. was arrested late Friday after he was pulled over in Hillview, KY on a routine traffic stop.

Indiana State Police and investigators in Floyd and Harrison counties said it's a good thing Priddy and his two friends - Robert James Sr. and George Reese Jr. - are locked up, and he hopes they won't walk the streets again ever.

For eight years, police say James raped and forced two young girls - both related to him - to perform sex acts on each other.

Indiana State Police Sergeant Jerry Goodin says this case is "probably the worst - if not one of the worst - child abuse cases that we've ever dealt with here at the Sellersburg State Police post and probably all of Southern Indiana."

The details of the case get even more disturbing. Investigators say the two young girls told them James also forced them to have sexual encounters with Priddy and Reese. Goodin says the children were sometimes paid for the sex.

more here

http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=12105510

======================================

Indiana State Police arrested 35-year-old Robert James Sr. for multiple counts of child molestation, incest, vicarious sexual gratification, rape, and sexual misconduct with a minor.

Investigators also arrested 53-year-old George Reese Jr. on child molestation charges.

Priddy was wanted on 13 counts of child molesting.

The three men are accused of abusing the same two children in a Harrison County home since 2008.

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/crime...lestation-case

Yes -- pleeeease make sure they never walk the streets again!!
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Did you see the smile on Priddy's face for his mug shot??

kInda gives me a moment of rage that is hard to control.

God Bless and shelter and keep these poor children...
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

I'm wondering how they came up with the number 80. One is two too many but 80? I wonder if the girls recollected that they was raped every Friday night for a certain number of months? But once a child gets to somewhere around five (I think that's what LE told us) the attacks run together and can't be remembered as distinct and separate acts.

As horrid as this is and as pleased as I am that the Indiana LE caught the guys, I'm going to have to say that there's untold familial cases which probably total up to even more counts than this. I hope they're not going for sensationalism or more funding for their sex abuse response team. The way the article is written seems a bit off to me. Unless, only part of the story has been released.

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    I'm wondering how they came up with the number 80. One is two too many but 80? I wonder if the girls recollected that they was raped every Friday night for a certain number of months? But once a child gets to somewhere around five (I think that's what LE told us) the attacks run together and can't be remembered as distinct and separate acts.

As horrid as this is and as pleased as I am that the Indiana LE caught the guys, I'm going to have to say that there's untold familial cases which probably total up to even more counts than this. I hope they're not going for sensationalism or more funding for their sex abuse response team. The way the article is written seems a bit off to me. Unless, only part of the story has been released.
    I read yesterday about a case in FL where a Sheriff's Office lieutenant was charged with 120 counts against 1 child...I wondered the same thing-- how do they get that number, unless this child knew it was everyday for 6 months...or X-times a day for X-months.

Just sick that these kids have to think about how many times these 'things' raped them.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Some states have legislation that makes it so that each individual penetration is a seperate charge.So, if any of the victims can recall that he "slipped out" or walked away and returned at any point, that could account for the multiple charges.

Some children also document these things in diaries or journals, as to how many times. It goes one of two ways; either the victim is desperate to forget or they are desperate not to. Sometimes they take their control in the form of memory.

Heartbreaking either way.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

I think the diary is the only possibility. Oh, how sad. I know we're all adults and a child perceives events very differently. But think back on the last eight years and try to recollect each and every sexual event you experienced. Obviously, for some it would be easy--never or every Saturday at 9 pm. For most of us, though, there'd be no way unless there was something very unique--a special celebration, a new partner, etc. I would think, though, that if this was a ongoing abuse situation with a child, things would just meld together.

I know when our case was in the investigative process, our kids had to able to relate each sex crime to an actual alternate event--a class picnic, the day of the purchase of a vehicle, Z's birthday party and so on. There were many many more assaults but LE had to have some form of confirmation in the child's mind that it was a distinct event. I've wondered this about Jaycee, Elizabeth and several others.

It's probably splitting hairs but it is intriguing to try to understand the process. I don't want our debate on semantics to cloud the subject, though. My heart breaks for those girls.