1080 users online (209 members and 871 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - 911 call from 7yr old boy

Is there a thread about this? I searched.

I am so pissed right now! Instead of telling him to take a deep breath, she should have been telling him to hide and speak softer so no one can hear him!!! SHE IS LUCKY THE ****S WEREN'T KILLERS!!

I am mad, this brought up Denise Amber Lee anger all over. These 911 operators need to be trained better!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=10058396

Bless his little heart.

"and bring soldiers too!"
    Last edited by weedemout; 03-10-2010 at 02:52 PM.

This little guy is a real hero in my eyes!

"And bring soldiers, too." Oh, gosh, that just made me cry. What a brave little boy! God bless him and his family.

Oh what a cute kid! I just saw the press conference they did where he spoke. He was so precious! And the soldiers comment was great. What a little hero!

I don't think the 911 operator did anything wrong here. He and his sister were both already hidden. She got help to them immediately. There's only so much you can do over the phone.

Amazing! His parents must be SO SO proud of him!!! He saved four lives at 7 years old. Wow.

Being a 911 operator for over 25yrs she did great job. I haven't heard the whole 911 call but you try to relax the person, asking his name and how old he is, is to try to relax the person then once relax state the 911 operator starts to get more info from the child. LE was there in 3 minutes!

Good job 911!!!
    The World Has Gone Mad.

I cried listening to this earlier this morning. What a brave little boy, and smart to take his sister with him.
    Happy New Years

What a sweet, responsible, brave little guy.
    Bring allot of cops and soldiers!!!
    Love it.
    When I heard the screams the first time, my thought was someone killed them.
    Thank goodness everything is ok.
    No child should ever have to go through what he and his sister had to bear!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

Quote Originally Posted by teonspaleprincess View Post
    I cried listening to this earlier this morning. What a brave little boy, and smart to take his sister with him.
    Me too. He was so intent on getting all the help he could possibly get...including soldiers, too.

What a great young man...just great.

Best-
    Herding Cats

Of all the things about this story, being pissed at the operator is the last thing I would think of.
    I sincerely doubt that any 911 operator is going instruct someone to speak softer. They want to hear what the person on the other end has to say. And the child was already hiding in the bathroom.

I thank God tonight that these "men" were intent upon robbery and not murder! What a hero!!

Saw a clip on The Today Show of the boy and the operator meeting. It was very sweet and cute. At the end there was some comment about the children screaming, and the boy said defensively "That was my sister!" It was adorable. What a brave little kid.