Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Nothing new today? What the heck?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fairy1 For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Last edited by KateB; 04-28-2015 at 08:54 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

from video above.... LE says they will "investigate" and "search" if they get any leads.

(yeah right... still waiting to see that)

I have to wait until I get home to watch the you tube video. I am so sick of hearing LE say immediately no sign of foul play. PEOPLE DO NOT JUST VANISH!!!

You didn't find her hurt on the trail, now we need to look at other possibilities. LIKE FOUL PLAY!

~One Angry Mother~

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lurkeyloo For This Useful Post:

Thanks for posting that video. I've missed JVM a lot this week & only saw the first story she did on Kate.

I am appalled at how this is being handled. I really hope they are just putting out this info to trick a possible POI into thinking he is safe. They really need to go over that car with a fine toothed comb & they need to talk to the room mate!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Robyn623 For This Useful Post:

this was the first issues:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVkqnqZsvTY
    Last edited by KateB; 04-28-2015 at 08:54 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

link to all past ron and don shows if anyone wants to listen

http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=153&p=11

13. The Following User Says Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

A quick FYI, Ron & Don will be discussing more about the case today(Friday). Their show begins at 3:00 p.m. Pacific Time. They stream live on the internet at "mynorthwest.com" (sorry I still can figure out the hyperlink).
    Whether you like them or not, they are just about the only ones covering this missing young woman now. It's so sad that in the end it's the poor traumatized parents who are left to search.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmarple For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jmarple View Post
    A quick FYI, Ron & Don will be discussing more about the case today(Friday). Their show begins at 3:00 p.m. Pacific Time. They stream live on the internet at "mynorthwest.com" (sorry I still can figure out the hyperlink).
    Whether you like them or not, they are just about the only ones covering this missing young woman now. It's so sad that in the end it's the poor traumatized parents who are left to search.
    thanks marple.. here is the link : http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=110 when they are on live this link will show an option to stream live (I listened to it last night)

and I agree... they are the only ones covering her case (other than jvm... although she does not know all of the info that r/d have). If you google her name the last articles that were written by the main stream media were the ones calling off the search indefinitely

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Concern and patience

I've been reading posts here and registered today to comment. All due respect to everyone, of course . . .

I have been on a S+R team before and have found missing persons, dead and alive. I'm also currently an investigator.

Often times, there is a lot of information that is known only by a handful of people (search organizers, LE, the family of the missing, etc.). There is a lot of speculation here regarding this case, even with the behavior of her landlord and her "friend." There is a ton of missing information that LE may already know.

For what it's worth, I for one don't see why other lakes haven't been searched (if they have, I've not heard this). Why Gillette? I can only assume someone has a reason for this (close to a trail, markings that suggest a slip and fall into the water, etc.).

There are other lakes with good, driveable roads just off highway 14, which is between the bridge and where they found her car. Pesonally, I think the receipt was a plant, and there was enough time for someone to take Katherine somewhere, then run/hike to that point to drop a receipt; all of this looks very odd considering the text message. Also, a camera (say, an ODOT cam), if this is what the mysterious stranger was concered about, might see and/or record a radius that might (might) include some roadside on 14, or a turnout, or a road, or a lake . . .

All this said, it's a mystery. The BF or friend or mechanic, whatever he is, needs to be questioned, obviously. But LE will also need to take time to develop this case.

Calling for more action from lay people like us is assuming too much. It's probably a very good thing her car, for example, hasn't been studied just yet, because it may have ruined valuable clues if done in the field (instead of a lab), where more careful attention can be paid instead of rifling through it too quickly.

I live near the Gorge and would love to participate this weekend. It would be interesting to know if Wauna lake or others have been searched.

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sjacks22 For This Useful Post:

Just wondering, has anyone released the POI's name? Unlikely, I know (and also part of the investigation, no doubt), but curious.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjacks22 For This Useful Post:

Lost Portland hiker's father continues search

The worst thing is no news to tell," he said. Huether said he's simply not ready to leave the rainy cold wilderness without his daughter. Or at the very least, without answers.

http://www.nwcn.com/news/Lost-Portla...-87483412.html

23. The Following User Says Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sjacks22 View Post
    Just wondering, has anyone released the POI's name? Unlikely, I know (and also part of the investigation, no doubt), but curious.
    I have not seen a release of POI name.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sjacks22 View Post
    I've been reading posts here and registered today to comment. All due respect to everyone, of course . . .

I have been on a S+R team before and have found missing persons, dead and alive. I'm also currently an investigator.

Often times, there is a lot of information that is known only by a handful of people (search organizers, LE, the family of the missing, etc.). There is a lot of speculation here regarding this case, even with the behavior of her landlord and her "friend." There is a ton of missing information that LE may already know.

For what it's worth, I for one don't see why other lakes haven't been searched (if they have, I've not heard this). Why Gillette? I can only assume someone has a reason for this (close to a trail, markings that suggest a slip and fall into the water, etc.).

There are other lakes with good, driveable roads just off highway 14, which is between the bridge and where they found her car. Pesonally, I think the receipt was a plant, and there was enough time for someone to take Katherine somewhere, then run/hike to that point to drop a receipt; all of this looks very odd considering the text message. Also, a camera (say, an ODOT cam), if this is what the mysterious stranger was concered about, might see and/or record a radius that might (might) include some roadside on 14, or a turnout, or a road, or a lake . . .

All this said, it's a mystery. The BF or friend or mechanic, whatever he is, needs to be questioned, obviously. But LE will also need to take time to develop this case.

Calling for more action from lay people like us is assuming too much. It's probably a very good thing her car, for example, hasn't been studied just yet, because it may have ruined valuable clues if done in the field (instead of a lab), where more careful attention can be paid instead of rifling through it too quickly.

I live near the Gorge and would love to participate this weekend. It would be interesting to know if Wauna lake or others have been searched.
    welcome to websleuths and I completely agree with everything you have said!

I too wonder if she could even be in the RIVER.... if this boyfriend was so interested in who was working there and if they had cameras.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

I wish they would release the name of the boyfriend/friend /mechanic. I personally would love to do some checking up on him.

~One Angry Mother~

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lurkeyloo For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast