1096 users online (271 members and 825 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

UT - Man faces infant abuse charges after getting pictures developed

ST. GEORGE, Utah (ABC 4 News) - A man who took his film to be developed at a St. George drug store is now facing felony charges.
    Police arrested Sergio Diaz-Palomino at his home in St. George Tuesday, after police were called to a Walgreens drug store. Officers say a technician developing a roll of film found disturbing images.
    Police say Palomino had used a different name at the drug store, but store staff was able to identify him and direct officers to his home. Police say during questioning, Palomino identified the person who was taking the pictures of him and the infant.
    Police are trying to find that woman now, to make sure the infant is ok.

http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/stor...atiCUBh5Q.cspx
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by mysticrose View Post
    ST. GEORGE, Utah (ABC 4 News) - A man who took his film to be developed at a St. George drug store is now facing felony charges.
    Police arrested Sergio Diaz-Palomino at his home in St. George Tuesday, after police were called to a Walgreens drug store. Officers say a technician developing a roll of film found disturbing images.
    Police say Palomino had used a different name at the drug store, but store staff was able to identify him and direct officers to his home. Police say during questioning, Palomino identified the person who was taking the pictures of him and the infant.
    Police are trying to find that woman now, to make sure the infant is ok.

http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/stor...atiCUBh5Q.cspx
    Some woman took pictures of him abusing a baby? Just unbelievable. I hope they both rot.

i hope to god this isnt one of those 'they took pictures of giving him a bath' cases and this is actually real charges of something that actually happened.

Quote Originally Posted by kbl8201 View Post
    i hope to god this isnt one of those 'they took pictures of giving him a bath' cases and this is actually real charges of something that actually happened.
    The charges are first degree felony sodomy of a child and sexual exploitation of a minor.

So I am thinking the "bath photo" defense would be a little weak here.

I am going to wait for more info and bail to be set...and then I will exhale.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

This article has some more info...not easy to read....perp says the woman taking the pics is the baby's mom

http://www.sltrib.com/News/ci_14647336
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Thank God he was stupid enough to take the pictures to Walgreen's to get them developed or this piece of ***** wouldn't have gotten caught. Not lets pray they find the so called piece of ***** Mother and the baby boy is ok.
    Shhhhh..........we're watching Nancy Grace.

So, it sounds like this isn't his child, but the child's mother was taking pictures. Since we haven't heard anything about her arrest, that likely means she is still out there with that child. Leaving him open to the Sergio's of the world...

The officers were able to subsequently make contact with Diaz-Palomino and positively identify him as the person allegedly seen in the sexually explicit photos with a child younger than a year old.
    Van Fleet said Diaz-Palomino turned the photos in at the store using a different last name.
    "The only thing they're trying to do now is contact the person who took the photos," Van Fleet said. "We do have a name but not a good address."
    http://www.thespectrum.com/article/2...+abuse+charges

Does anyone know for sure if this is his child?
    Last edited by not_my_kids; 03-11-2010 at 09:34 AM.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by kbl8201 View Post
    Here's the definition of sodomy of a child in Utah:

76-5-403.1. Sodomy on a child.

(1) A person commits sodomy upon a child if the actor engages in any sexual act upon or with a child who is under the age of 14, involving the genitals or anus of the actor or the child and the mouth or anus of either person, regardless of the sex of either participant.

(2) Sodomy upon a child is a first degree felony punishable by imprisonment for an indeterminate term of not less than 6, 10, or 15 years and which may be for life. Imprisonment is mandatory in accordance with Section 76-3-406.

Amended by Chapter 40, 1996 General Session

http://corrections.utah.gov/communit...6-5-403.1.html

HTH!

If they would put out her name, it would help....I get why they might be avoiding that so she does not harm the baby, BUT I wish they would do that....alot I wish this.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Bail is 42000-which means less than 5K will get this person out. This makes me anxious....
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

the reason i said that was cause why are they saying 'we want to make sure the baby is safe' well if mom is taking pictures of him sodomizing the baby, i seriously doubt the baby is 'safe'. she needs to be arrested and charged the same as him.

Its hard in cases like this that the death penalty is not required. This is purposeful abuse of a child, it should not be in any way be brushed over. I am sick of this. The mother should be arrested also and locked away. The bail is not high enough, nor is the penalty upon conviction.
    narrow, limited thinker, but I'm trying to grow

Quote Originally Posted by PorcineGranny View Post
    Its hard in cases like this that the death penalty is not required. This is purposeful abuse of a child, it should not be in any way be brushed over. I am sick of this. The mother should be arrested also and locked away. The bail is not high enough, nor is the penalty upon conviction.
    DBF & I were listening to the radio this a.m. headed to work & they were talking about Marion Jones & her 6 months in prison....He couldn't believe she only did 6 months for lying to investigators & her check-fraud....I told him that if he really wanted to be PO'd about something, be PO'd that baby-rapers & child-beaters sometimes get only that then probation....He couldn't believe that!! Yeah, honey!! There's "justice system" & there's the "legal system"....they are *not* the same!!
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

This article claims that pervert is the father of the baby.

http://www.kcsg.com/news/local/87398712.html

Not a huge surprise to hear he is the father....OMG I hope this little one is still alive.

So let's think about this-they drop the pictures off at walgreens under an assumed name, and some time between when that happens and when the police are called, Mom and baby disappear?

So are they on a planned trip or??? Police know who she is obviously because Diaz-Palomino gave up that information.
    Last edited by believe09; 03-12-2010 at 07:12 AM.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast