Time To "Spring Forward" One Hour This Weekend

Dark Knight

Reaction score
This Sunday, March 14, at 2am, Daylight Saving Time once again takes effect, which means Americans will have to Spring Forward one hour at that time (or before you go to bed Saturday night.) And yes, this means one less hour of sleep, lol. (I don't think other countries extended their DST calendar.)

Thanks for the reminder, DK! :blowkiss:

A 1-month old, and setting the clocks forward! Guess I'll be bleary-eyed tomorrow morning! :D

I think this is such a waste of time. I thought it was originally to help save energy. I always thought it was just a plot by the battery companies to make you buy new batteries. I just don't see any benefits. Now the kids have to go to school in the dark. It throws off the feeding schedule of the children and animals. Can anyone name any benefits?

Yes, this is the best time to remember to change the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors! Your life may depend on it.

Done! Thanks for the reminder, Dark Night! I did not do this before I went to bed!

Well personally I like it - I like it be lighter later.... Can get some things done outside after working. I think we should just leave it like this and never go back to regular time. In any event, I'm already an hour behind for the day, so gtg.

Done! Thanks for the reminder, Dark Night! I did not do this before I went to bed!

You aren't alone! We had some very confused people walking into church towards the end of the Mass, this morning, who obviously forgot to do the same, lol.

I got up an hour before my toddler did to squeeze in some extra work time, and felt like a superstar for waking up early... only to have to change the clocks and discover I really wasn't all that awesome.

Stupid time change.

I got up an hour before my toddler did to squeeze in some extra work time, and felt like a superstar for waking up early... only to have to change the clocks and discover I really wasn't all that awesome.

Stupid time change.

ROFL!!!!!!

And I thought only the US extended DST a few weeks earlier? Canada did too?

ROFL!!!!!!

And I thought only the US extended DST a few weeks earlier? Canada did too?

All I know is that we changed the clocks over night here.

I guess when the only thing between two countries is some imaginary line, we kind of all have to be together on these things - sort of how two adults sleeping in a single bed have to roll together in the same direction, or someone's taking a long fall.

I really wish I would've read this threat last night..I totally wasn't aware at ALL of this, thus making us all sleep through church lol.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back