1046 users online (193 members and 853 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Should Elizabeth Talk to Logan?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

30 71.43%
  • No

7 16.67%
  • I'm not sure

5 11.90%

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Should Elizabeth Talk to Logan?

"I've tried several times to, they keep shooting it down," he said. "She won't talk to anybody but her brother."

Wasn't there a court order that she couldn't contact or speak to Logan? I thought I remembered seeing that in the courthouse video. I'm really hoping LM will be able to visit her. She'll either breakdown and cry and tell him what happened or break down in a rage, admit to what she did and try to kick his butt or not say anything at all but it would be worth a shot. She's so unstable, there's no telling how she would respond. It could back fire and she would clam up even more, if that's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by TXHOPE View Post
    "I've tried several times to, they keep shooting it down," he said. "She won't talk to anybody but her brother."

Wasn't there a court order that she couldn't contact or speak to Logan? I thought I remembered seeing that in the courthouse video. I'm really hoping LM will be able to visit her. She'll either breakdown and cry and tell him what happened or break down in a rage, admit to what she did and try to kick his butt or not say anything at all but it would be worth a shot. She's so unstable, there's no telling how she would respond. It could back fire and she would clam up even more, if that's possible.
    You know, I was thinking the same thing, but I can't remember where. By courthouse video do you mean EJ's hearing? The long hearing? I know that hearing is where the prosecutor named Logan in addition to Gabe as a victim of Elizabeth's crimes, so it stands to reason that at some point a protective order was issued.

I'm going to check with MissingGabe on this one too. Also, AZlawyer might know how to find a protective order if one was issued.

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    You know, I was thinking the same thing, but I can't remember where. By courthouse video do you mean EJ's hearing? The long hearing? I know that hearing is where the prosecutor named Logan in addition to Gabe as a victim of Elizabeth's crimes, so it stands to reason that at some point a protective order was issued.

I'm going to check with MissingGabe on this one too. Also, AZlawyer might know how to find a protective order if one was issued.
    It was EJ's long hearing, let me find a link to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by TXHOPE View Post
    It was EJ's long hearing, let me find a link to confirm.
    I think not_my_kids might have done a transcript of that hearing. If so, it's linked in the Important Links thread in the stickies. She did a post there of all her transcripts.

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    I think not_my_kids might have done a transcript of that hearing. If so, it's linked in the Important Links thread in the stickies. She did a post there of all her transcripts.

It's right here at the very end of the video. The judge states she may not have any contact with the father.

http://www.azcentral.com/video/61324001001

According to this article, Logan has tried several times to talk to her, but has been turned down.

http://www.kpho.com/news/22835949/detail.html

ETA: Argh! This was supposed to be the first post in the thread, but when I moved posts over here, it pushed it down. Sorry.
    Last edited by BeanE; 03-14-2010 at 01:40 PM.

honestly, I didn't think she was speaking to anyone....she only has her attorney, GF and bro...so who else would she talk too ???? I'm hoping with her talking to her brother, something good will come out of it....let's just hope they are very close and he is there to get information, if so, on where to find Gabriel. Oh by the way, are these visit's taped ???? I'm sure they are...
    Last edited by BeanE; 03-14-2010 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Removed quoted post

I find it odd that her grandmother hasn't visited and nothing has been mentioned about EJ speaking to her grandmother. They lived together. You would think there would be some sort of communication. Maybe there is and we just don't know about it or maybe there was a rift prior. Her brother maybe the only person she trusts right now, he's only been in the media that one time.

Since the judge stated that EJ may not have any contact with the father, would they have to go back to court to allow LM to speak to her if she does agree?

If you can't post something due to TOS or other forum guidelines, then please don't post about what you can't post. For example, "I'm thinking something but I can't post it here."

Thanks,
    BeanE

AZ offers both temporary and permanent orders.

Temp orders are on an emergency basis and meant for those that could be dead by the end of the day. They are only good for the day, to give the holder a chance to make it to court for a permanent order.

Permanent orders are for one year from the date of issuance, these orders can be modified during that time, but are still active for one year and are void after that if not persued in court again. These are the kind that are issued by a judge.

I think it depends on whether he was ever granted a permanent order or if he dropped it at the end of the day or if it's been more than a year. When was the order granted?

Also bear in mind that the court may have dropped or suspended the order upon Logan filing for custody, as judges will usually refuse to hear custody disputes while an active order is in place.

Not a lawyer.

As for my opinion, no he should not see her. I don't think there is anything to gain. She's committed, he can't break her. If she were a less intelligent, more emotional personality, maybe. But she isn't.
    Last edited by not_my_kids; 03-14-2010 at 05:12 PM.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Well she did break when she called and told him she killed Gabriel whether it's true or not and I think her rage gets the best of her as her history has shown. I believe she is very intelligent but she also has mental issues that supercede.
    Last edited by TXHOPE; 03-15-2010 at 12:04 PM.

I watched the court hearing video again. I think the judge intended no contact with LM to be a stipulation of release in the event EJ posts bond, along with remaining within the jurisdiction. That shouldn't have any effect on an agreed and arranged meeting while she is incarcerated.
    If I can stop one heart from breaking,
    I shall not live in vain;
    If I can ease one life the aching,
    Or cool one pain,
    Or help one fainting robin
    Unto his nest again,
    I shall not live in vain.
    ~Emily Dickinson~

IMO, absolutely not! She is a spoiled brat, refusing to go to court. To top it off she thinks can represent herself, better than any attorney. IMO again, her head is way to big, she thinks she has the system beat! She has no fear of prison, because she believes she is smarter than every one else!

I say charge her with everything, give her LWOP, put her in general population and then maybe she will see how smart she is not!

It will not matter who talks to her or what they say, she thinks she knows it all. I think the little B needs to sit there until her hair is gray and her face is wrinkled and her body goes south.

Elizabeth should talk period. I really don't care who she talks to, I just want her to talk and tell someone, anyone actually, exactly what happened in San Antonio, exactly who assisted her and exactly where Gabriel is. She probably doesn't have the first clue exactly where Gabriel is but she danm well knows who she was with in San Antonio and who helped her set up this adoption, be it an agency or an individual, she knows and she needs to talk!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast