WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Terms of Service - Short, Plain Language Version

We have a detailed, formal Terms of Service (TOS) posted separately, and that TOS is what you will be held to as a member here. It's long and detailed because it has to be in the world we live in, and you are expected to read it, understand it and abide by it. However, we can sum it up as follows:

1) Be a decent human being;
2) Treat your fellow posters as the decent human beings they are;
3) Keep in mind that whatever you post will likely live on forever, so think before you press "Submit Reply".
4) It's a big world. People will disagree with you. You will disagree with them. This can be done with respect, and that's what we expect.

Some specifics about being “a decent human being”:

Being rude to our new posters or any poster for that matter, is against our TOS. If they ask a question you think has already been discussed, just pass on by it. Do not tell them to get up to speed before posting. That is rude and against our TOS.

Do not drag any innocent persons--such as JF's relatives--into this discussion, and certainly do not post personal information (names, addresses, phone numbers, etc) of innocent parties.

Do not post about posters who are not present. It's like talking behind someone's back, and it's rude.

It is against TOS to try to guess or sleuth the identity of another poster at WS.

There is to be absolutely no discussion here at WS of the details of MC's parents' divorce.

It's ok to go ahead and post rumors, but two things:

1. You must clearly label them as rumors. All posts that do not include facts should include the words speculation, theory or rumor.

2. They must not be so wildly outlandish that they are unbelievable.

We do not discuss minors, and in this particular case, we do not discuss poetry.

Links to social networking sites are allowed, but WS does not allow direct quotes or cut and pastes from them.

Please do not link to minors' pages.

If anyone has a problem with a post please alert us to it in the top right corner. You will see a triangle with an exclamation mark. Do NOT respond to a problematic post. That only compounds the problem and creates more work for the mods. Hit the alert button instead.

You are all experienced enough posters by now to abide by these rules. Please don't make us give more timeouts.

Thank you.

Previous thread (#9) Found Deceased WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, missing 2/9/10, Orondo/Wenatchee #9 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

May I ask a question of clarification, with all due respect, being new to this forum? Are the Proposed Parenting Plan revisions in 2008 considered as being part of the divorce of 2001? In WA State the actions continue on the same case number. Thank you in advance.

Yes, they are part of the divorce.

List of initials commonly used in these threads (so far). Just thought I'd compile this information in one place to make it easier on people new to these threads or just catching up.

MC = Mackenzie
WC = MC's mom
RC = MC's dad
JF - Mom bf/ex?
JV - MC's bf/ex bf?

PC (PCR) = Pitcher Canyon Road - where MC's car was found
CB = Crescent Bar - where MC's body was found

LE = law enforcement
POI = person of interest
WW = Wenatchee World newspaper
COD = cause of death

Other initials/acronyms:
bf = boyfriend
ETA = edited to add
BBM = bolded by me
S&BBM = snipped and bolded by me
IIRC = if I recall correctly
FWIW = for what it's worth
KWIM = know what I mean?

MOO = my opinion only
IMO = in my opinion
IMHO = in my humble opinion
JMHO = just my humble opinion

Here's a link to a thread that may help with other acronymns used at Websleuths.

If there is something I've left out, just let me know and I will add it in.

I don't believe the RUMOR was that either brother was tied directly to MC, (to my knowledge that was all speculation from the RUMOR one of brothers had worked for JF). Next RUMOR was something about one or both helping to move body, (but that was very likely only based on speculation caused by the RUMOR one of the brothers had worked for JF in the past). Snipped

I should clarify that what I meant is there is nothing that connects CR to the woman who was found dead on Boodry Street.

It's my gut feeling...ESP...that the killer did it all by himself. Of course this is just a theory.

If a person has a secret and never shares it, then the secret it can't be repeated.

Maybe, Killer kept this crime a secret, so it couldn't be repeated, and he won't be blamed. A crazy mind thinks he'll never be caught.

First time poster here. I also am a local. You all have great sleuthing minds. I like most of you think that this crime committed was by someone who know mc. I don't believe it was gang related. This is all jmo of course.

Some more info on palisades as some of you were talking about. Palisades road goes about 18 1/2 miles paved and then turns to gravel. If you continue to follow the road it eventually leads you into Ephrata.

First time poster here. I also am a local. You all have great sleuthing minds. I like most of you think that this crime committed was by someone who know mc. I don't believe it was gang related. This is all jmo of course.

Some more info on palisades as some of you were talking about. Palisades road goes about 18 1/2 miles paved and then turns to gravel. If you continue to follow the road it eventually leads you into Ephrata.

Welcome, dashaz!:Welcome-12-june:

humwhatsup

RUMOUR: I have recently heard from someone supposedly close to LE, that LE actually has 2 murder weapons. Don't think you want to know what they are, but it would make since as LE supposedly visited a few stores of sort to see if, when or where certain items could have been purchased. Because of what all I heard, seems the perp/perps may have worn gloves? Just another rumor floating around. Hope this info is ok to state on here, if not please inform me.

Also does anyone know if MC was wearing any rings, and on what hand when she went missing?

re: Murder weapon(s):

The buoy in the river at CB ... LE divers might have found something in the river ,,, just speculating, since del rio indicated he thinks the buoy was not there before LE searched the property ... and it's still there?

Excellent question ... what of MC's ear jewelry and ring(s)? I suppose no one here suspects robbery but then again, did someone *believe* the Cowells had *money*?

I wonder if the perp attempted to force MC to tell him her debit PIN but she insisted there was only ~$20 or whatever small amount ... and, well ....

But then, the attack seems too personal?

Where is everyone today? The list is so quiet. During the week I have a hard time keeping up, but now on the weekend I keep waiting for an update . . . speculation . . . new rumor . . . SOMETHING! I wish there would be an arrest soon. I know everyone wishes that too.

re: Murder weapon(s):

The buoy in the river at CB ... LE divers might have found something in the river ,,, just speculating, since del rio indicated he thinks the buoy was not there before LE searched the property ... and it's still there?

Excellent question ... what about MC's ear jewelry and ring(s)? I suppose no one here suspects robbery but then again, did someone *believe* the Cowells had *money*?

I wonder if the perp attempted to force MC to give him her debit PIN but she insisted there was only ~$20 or whatever small amount ... and, well ....

But the attack seems too personal?

I would think if the person wanted money there would have been a ransom note or something to that affect. jmo

We think we know of one or more of MC's boyfriends and ex-boyfriends ...

... but what about 'wanna-be's? Surely there could have been one or more boys who desired to date MC but were either turned down or too reticent or defeatist to approach her?

I would think if the person wanted money there would have been a ransom note or something to that affect. jmo

Not necessarily. It takes great effort to set up a kidnapping and to demand and receive a ransom. This also risks for exposure.

Comparatively, bump-on-the-head hit-and-run robbery is much simpler.

On the previous thread there was a minor discussion re: M's corrective surgery..A poster who appears to personally know all about this issue (within the C. family) said:

Opportunity at 12 was disregarded; braces on since then with surgery option now delayed for growth issues

This had to really tick M off..You know how badly you'd want this corrected especially once you hit your teen years..None of us know the reason it was disregarded at 12 but my guess is no explanation would probably be good enough (or satisfy) M..Her resentment may have been building the past 5 yrs which could be the reason (if true) for her disconnect with mom..Especially if it was a $$$ issue at the time & she knew her mom was spending it on things related to her biz & more recently her bf IF it's true WC bought him a new truck.

Since the Cowells own their own biz they have to pay their own insurance premiums (family plans are sky high) so maybe they had none at that time cos they couldn't afford it due to all their $$$ going towards the biz..Or maybe this surgery wasn't covered under their plan..Some believe it's considered cosmetic but I have my doubts about that..Either way it doesn't sound like a simple procedure & if one had to pay the entire bill on their own that's a serious amount of $$$..Or maybe it was blown off cos they were simply too busy to address it which does kinda=don't care..Whatever the reason the opportunity was there at 12 & nothing was done about it..Btw..Isn't this about the age when M had her incident with VDD?..I'm not saying it's related to her state of mind at the time but it's def something I'm thinking about.

Not necessarily. It takes great effort to set up a kidnapping and to demand and receive a ransom. This also risks for exposure.

Comparatively, bump-on-the-head hit-and-run robbery is much simpler.

That's true. It would be a good thing to know regarding jewelry etc.

Because if she didn't have much in resources to give that doesn't seem likely.

moo

Some thoughts ....

Are PUD-owned traffic and / or surveillance videos viewable by the public via a public-records request?

It seems to me boat docks would be under some sort of surveillance since the Patriot Act legislation was enacted some years ago.

Also, why is LE not releasing the 'last ping' location of MC's phone? It's already in the news there was a 'last ping' and that LE is aware of at least a general location ... so why not release the location information?

My guess is, the location information LE is retaining (IF they even have such information indicating beyond the 'boat dock') is so broad in scope to be of any specific use. There is quite a bit of ground to cover within any given 2 to 5 mile radius.

Why must we assume MC knew the perp? Because of the seemingly personal nature of the butality inflicted upon her? I think the perp knew MC but MC did not know the perp. All it takes, really, is for the perp to know the victim for the crime to be 'personal' in nature. There have been actresses and TV news anchors who have been stalked by creepies who thought they were in a personal relationship with their victim .. while in reality they had never actually met or conversed beyond perhaps cryptic or threatening notes or phone calls / messages.

Not a boyfriend.
Not a family member's boyfriend or girlfriend.
Not a gang.

I previously posted I bleieve it is someone who watched MC, perhaps from afar, perhaps while in the Gym, he watched her daily and knew of her typical routines ... he desired her and eventually could not wait any longer and confronted her on one of her typical breaks.

Warning: graphic commentary follows:
  • With strangulation, typically there is no blood.
  • Blunt-force trauma could be the effect of strangulation; perp over victim on the ground, perp's hands gripped around victim's neck, perp lifts and slams victim's head against ground, victim dies from trauma.
  • There would be no bleed-out if the victim is stabbed at that point because there would be no heartbeat.
I believe the perp 'murdered' MC via strangulation and slamming her head against the pillar in her vehicle. He then drove her to CB and while 'dumping' her there either she regained consciousness because she only passed out from the strangulation and beating or she was indeed dead at that point and as extra precaution the perp ultimately stabbed her. I think the latter because apparently there was no major bleed out discovered at CB, as far as we know.

What about cab drivers, bus drivers, maintenance personnel, delivery personnel, etc.? I assume LE must have interviewed them, given we are informed they interviewed '670' individuals.

Or, perhaps a dis'd high schooler has an uncle who's idea of revenge is murder?

I realize that this doesn't necessarily have anything to do with anything, but I would be interested in knowing the general body build of JF, and the R brothers, also.

Originally Posted at 11:05 AM by: Humwhatsup

RUMOUR: I have recently heard from someone supposedly close to LE, that LE actually has 2 murder weapons. Don't think you want to know what they are, but it would make since as LE supposedly visited a few stores of sort to see if, when or where certain items could have been purchased. Because of what all I heard, seems the perp/perps may have worn gloves? Just another rumor floating around. Hope this info is ok to state on here, if not please inform me.
Also does anyone know if MC was wearing any rings, and on what hand when she went missing?

I, for one, would like to hear what you have heard about the two weapons...

I, for one, would like to hear what you have heard about the two weapons...

I'd like to know, too. But I'm wondering IF that type of information being divulged wouldn't possibly damage the investigation? I certainly wouldn't want that to happen.

On another topic - I responded to FifthEssence's post in the Astrology Forum's Case Briefings thread, in case anyone's interested.

Rumor: Heard that they were both hand tools and the way they would have been used would have left traces of DNA on the handles, unless gloves were worn or tools thrown into river to remove traces of perps skin cells...one of which has been stated and pic already in threads past is, ( the drywall tool). The other tool being of which one could use blunt force upon someone...a "specific type" of common tool.
I wasn't inquiring about jewerly, just about any ring and what hand, if anyone possibly knows? Also was not thinking theft case or motive here at all. I need to figure out how to quote!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail