Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324

Thread: WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Orondo/Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #10

Quote Originally Posted by georockgirl View Post
    How far from the property is the Trinidad Ghost town? I read on Wikipedia that it was located at the county line between Douglas and Grant county. It would be interesting to determine where that town was and the history of the tow. I'm sure the Columbia river was vital to the town as its water source. Maybe lingering evil spirits at the property that give people an eerie feeling. Also, what about Indian burial grounds or artifacts? Does anyone know any info on this? Someone was talking about Palisades and hunting for arrowheads. Hmmmm..
    I could really see this area being used by natives to make it down to the rivers edge, (which, before the Columbia was dammed, would have been lower.) Any further south and they would have had basalt cliffs to deal with, but this spot is relatively sandy caused by the Waterville Plateau, (due east), draining from above. Add to that the natural spring and this was very likely a place that was stopped at, if not lived at and defended, by many a native peoples.

Another sidenote: I could fly around on google earth for HOURS

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alt.theory For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by humwhatsup View Post
    Well hitting the hay after the hours of catching up.... but all great comments...
    But lets get back to LE, Spoke with relatives of folks that live up PC....Did LE hit every home to see if they had camera's outside,,, no?......... NO LE asked or visited all homes..some folks do not get the news at all by any source. But may have camera's?...Booo LE should have knocked at every door...Also the Video of MC leaving beauty school... Talked first hand with their business who park there daily ( on days they are open ) NO LE came to their buisnness for any questions... see any thing? different? folks who are there 5 days a week!! That is all from them to me... Also learned PUD has small sub station on PC road w/motion cameras, and a larger sub station just at or before the methow turn off from squirlchuck rd. also with cameras (motion). Also know both sub station photos.. were asked for...verified only from PUD worker"s family... Rumor from them also ..baseball bat was beside body (?? I just see that as another rumor??) Was also stated the PC car left must have been left by someone who Knew the area, because of its paticular?? placement. Also after this conversation this eve with others CLOSE to car placement and folks who park in the same lot as MC, I am concerned as to LE interviewing....Would you not think...talk to folks who live / work in areas where she may have been or parked next to daily??? Hope this makes since, only have a few hours a day to catch up and respond, if seems worthy.. Hope they get the REAL Perp soon!! All just what I have leared.....theory/rumors all may apply..... hope this helps...can not let this go.....sleeping lightly night banghead:
    Soooooooo, perhaps they have known all along who she was with and who did this. Why would they NOT interview those businesses and look for video footage or interview people to see if they saw anything unusual? I thought that was SOP? Unless..........you already have what you need. MOO

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AutumnRose For This Useful Post:

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Quote Originally Posted by AutumnRose View Post
    yeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhh...............I haven't left the house all day! Been trying to find out what makes the CB house so creepy. So far, all I've found is that people get creepy feelings when they are there! Even Jimmy!
    From where I am, it looks absolutely gorgeous. I certainly don't get creeped out when I look at the pictures, either.

Sorry to hear you didn't make it to the java stop. Tomorrow's another day though! Err, make that today! Tomorrow is already here, today!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Liz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnRose View Post
    Soooooooo, perhaps they have known all along who she was with and who did this. Why would they NOT interview those businesses and look for video footage or interview people to see if they saw anything unusual? I thought that was SOP? Unless..........you already have what you need. MOO
    I sure hope investigators haven't been sitting around drinking coffee and eating donuts and telling us they're interviewing all these people!

pufnstuf is offline "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    From where I am, it looks absolutely gorgeous. I certainly don't get creeped out when I look at the pictures, either.
    It doesn't seem creepy to me, either... looks like a cool place to live. I'd love to have that back deck. Can you imagine the sunsets and sunrises? It's a shame that that property has been tarnished by this crime.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to pufnstuf For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pufnstuf View Post
    It doesn't seem creepy to me, either... looks like a cool place to live. I'd love to have that back deck. Can you imagine the sunsets and sunrises? It's a shame that that property has been tarnished by this crime.
    BBM I almost posted the same thing, and how I'd love to live there. But I was afraid to go first ... lol. Worried people might think that makes me creepy. I think it's a gorgeous property!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Liz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pufnstuf View Post
    I wonder if the natural spring has something to do with it. Didn't that give it special meaning to the Indians? Hmmmmm. Will need to see what I can dig up there.

Back to googling, hoping to find justice for Mackenzie.
    Last edited by hoppyfrog; 03-16-2010 at 01:18 PM. Reason: OT

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Melissa, IIRC you didn't mention anything about getting creeped out when you went out there, correct? I realize you didn't trespass onto the "156 CBR" property itself, but did you get any eerie or creepy vibes at all?
    Nothing has ever creeped me out about that property. I have always admired it from afar before this crime happened. When I went to it, the only thing that somewhat creeped me out was just thinking about what happened to Mackenzie there and imagining how awful it must have been to find her, murdered, in the brush. I also was slightly worried the killer might be hiding in the bushes but I knew that wasn't too logical.

No, before all of this happened, I always passed by that house and thought it was amazing. People would be outside, laughing, there were boats and playing volleyball in the pond and it seemed like a great place and not creepy at all. The only reason I could see for del rio getting creeped out last fall is just because of the overgrown bushes- but then again he's a hunter who hides in overgrown bushes so its the duck that should be scared! lol, I think its time for bed now.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Miss Optimism For This Useful Post:

Wow, no new posts for over an hour?! The ideas that have been brought up about the ghost town and Native American historical use possibly adding to the creepiness of the area are really interesting. If this is the case, I find it fascinating but not necessarily useful to the case (that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to know more about these aspects). If, however, something "bad" happened on the property in the not-too-distant past that makes it creepy, it could possibly be directly related to the case. Examples would be: unexplained death(s), misc. other crimes on property or by resident, weird activity/behavior by resident, etc... If something weird happened there, or someone who used to live there did something weird, then one could hypothesize that whomever is connected to the weirdness could have been involved in MC's murder and returned to this familiar location.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cosmictadpole For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by girlfawkes View Post
    Yes, I had heard this rumor too, but I think LE (for whatever reason) thought differently from the very beginning. Their initial statements were to the effect that it was "very, very suspicious and didn't look good" (paraphrasing). I'm sure they didn't give false reassurances to the family, and we also know that WC and JF were interviewed as soon as the feds appeared, before her body was even found.

I just personally don't think (assuming the perp was someone close to the family) that they would have any excuse or opportunity to do any further things before she was found.

I don't know. I would think the perp would want to appear super supportive and helpful, going on all the searches, just being a constant presence, ect... The perp may have also wanted to stick around to prevent any detailed family discussion about him from occurring in the presence of WC.
    I've also been thinking about many of the above comments for some time. I was initially told by several sources that LE made comments that the perp(s) were thought to be "close to the family" or it was someone "close to MC." Most of what has been reported tends to support this.

However, there are definitely characteristics about this murder that leave me thinking it was somebody "not so close." Confusing...and frustrating, to say the least!

ETA: I'm not convinced that everything that happened at CB occurred in a matter of a few hours, in broad daylight, prior to her car being discovered at 7pm on PC road. And, in support of girlfawkes comments above, if it was someone very close -- they would have been under a watchful eye.
    Last edited by giddyup; 03-16-2010 at 11:39 AM. Reason: more info

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to giddyup For This Useful Post:

On topic.

WC purchased a new green Dodge truck for JF about a year ago. Fact? about 97% sure.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Makesmewonder For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Makesmewonder View Post
    On topic.

WC purchased a new green Dodge truck for JF about a year ago. Fact? about 97% sure.
    This differs from the posting that he drives a grey truck..just from what I've read here.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to suns For This Useful Post:

Both CR and DR are no longer inmates in Chelan County Jail.

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to suns For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by giddyup View Post
    I've also been thinking about many of the above comments for some time. I was initially told by several sources that LE made comments that the perp(s) were thought to be "close to the family" or it was someone "close to MC." Most of what has been reported tends to support this.

However, there are definitely characteristics about this murder that leave me thinking it was somebody "not so close." Confusing...and frustrating, to say the least!

ETA: I'm not convinced that everything that happened at CB occurred in a matter of a few hours, in broad daylight, prior to her car being discovered at 7pm on PC road. And, in support of girlfawkes comments above, if it was someone very close -- they would have been under a watchful eye.
    (Quoting myself) I'd like to add that based on the above ETA, I was leaning towards accomplices. At this point, we do not know of any potential accomplices, at least not on this forum.

On topic.

Interesting as last week I asked if he had a green truck and everyone said gray. This is a bit confusing, but my daughter's friend told her a story about JF having green truck and him being at the boat launch one day (my daughter's friend's family member apparently saw him there) - after MC was found. I really don't know if they knew it was him or not, but apparently reported it to LE. That's all I know though.

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to juleeb For This Useful Post:

pufnstuf is offline "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"
    On topic.

She's got good taste in trucks.

ETA: Can't say the same about men, though.
    Last edited by pufnstuf; 03-16-2010 at 01:24 PM.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to pufnstuf For This Useful Post:

Please continue at

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97975"]Found Deceased WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, missing 2/9/10, Orondo/Wenatchee #11 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
    "Don't forget the kangaroo!"

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324