Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Dear Websleuths Members,

The news of George Anthony's alleged affair has brought out a bit of the ugly side of Internet posting.

I'm not saying that everyone is doing it but enough people are for me to be concerned and to step in.

From now on here is how we will deal with this information.

*Only Link to Reliable News Sources.

*No linking to tweets, No face book, no personal blogs with rumors.

*Respectable posting about this subject is the only type of posting allowed.

*The only exception would be if the woman tweets or post something in her own words. Then it can be brought over to Websleuths for discussion.

I have told Jbean to start giving time outs and bannings if people refuse to follow these rules.

Please, let's remember why Websleuths is one of the top crime discussion forums on the Internet . . . It is because we rise above gossip and rumor mongering.

Let's face it this topic is titillating and it is related to the case. Just exactly how is yet to be seen. So, let's keep the postings mature and on topic please.

Tricia

ORLANDO, Fla. --
A woman who claimed she was a mistress to George Anthony talked about the ongoing murder investigation on Monday.

River Cruz claims Anthony said the death of his granddaughter was "an accident that snowballed out of control."

Brad Conway, an attorney for the Anthony family, said the affair never happened, but authorities said they're investigating the woman's claims.

http://www.wesh.com/news/22846841/detail.html

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- WFTV learned more about the "other woman" who says she was in George Anthony's life. The woman says the relationship was going on while Caylee was missing and for months afterward.

River Cruz told WFTV she never wanted to get involved, but had to when detectives came knocking.

George Anthony's alleged mistress left the Orange County Sheriff's Office Monday with her camera and phone, which detectives had returned after lifting evidence from them.

http://www.wftv.com/news/22846532/detail.html

Did Brad in fact deny an affair occurred, or did he deny George's saying it was an accident that snowballed out of control?

WFTV was also told that under oath, George gave a description of Caylee's alleged mystery nanny, which actually matches his alleged mistress. Also, when she confronted him about the resemblance, George agreed and chuckled.

WFTV obtained a text message she says George sent her just five days after Caylee's remains were found near the Anthonys' house.

It says, "Just thinking about you! I need you in my life."

Its date and time stamp says December 16 at 4:22pm.

http://www.wftv.com/news/22846532/detail.html

BBM, did George say he had met Zanny?

Did Brad in fact deny an affair occurred, or did he deny George's saying it was an accident that snowballed out of control?

Thanks Oakley - I was about to chime in. I watched Brad's statement, and while he did not deny the affair, he did state George did not make the accident snowballed etc statement to this woman.

Tricia, thanks for opening this again and giving us a chance to discuss the possible info that may come out of this. I will take a breath and start:

When BC was interviewed he said that George never said 'it was an accident that snowballed,' but he did not deny the affair itself. I take this to mean that the bare bones (and I have used that phrase before) of the story is true.

To me the obvious area I want to know more about is: how the detectives wound up at her door? Where did they get the information that led them to her? If it WAS from the batphones, where did OCSO get the numbers? This seems like it could be, at least in part, what Prosecuters wanted held back from the defense for awhile - and I can understand why.

Also, from a legal point of view, I would assume anything R says would be hearsay and not admissible. My question is, if other leads are developed from this hearsay and those leads can be proved, so to speak, would that info be allowed?

I thought BC only denied the statement about Caylee's death being an accident but according to the article when BC was interviewed by WESH he denied both

http://www.wesh.com/news/22846841/detail.html

snipped
"Brad Conway, an attorney for the Anthony family, said the affair never happened, but authorities said they're investigating the woman's claims."

Conway denied George Anthony ever made that statement. He said the motives of Cruz, and her sister, Skye Benhaida, are questionable.

"The sheriff's office is doing an investigation. They're thorough. They're serious about this, and they're going to interview and take statements from anybody that has information relevant to the death of Caylee Anthony," Conway said. "What I can tell you is that George Anthony did not make that statement."

This is the part that caught my eye:

and by Thanksgiving of that year after their affair had started, George told her Caylee's death was an accident that snowballed out of control.

That would have been a month before Caylee's remains were found when the Anthonys were insisting that Caylee was still alive with kidnappers.

I was under the impression that GA said this after Caylee had been found. If this is true, it's just more evidence he knew she was dead.

I saw part of a video clip of Brad from today's 5 or 6 o'clock news denying the statement George allegedly made, but I don't recall him denying the affair. Interesting that the lead in (on Wesh) says denied the affair, yet Bob Kealing in his report does not. Not much success finding the video of Brad speaking. Not saying I don't trust Wesh but I'd like to hear Brad say it, since it is inconsistent with what WFTV is reporting.

Tricia, thanks for opening this again and giving us a chance to discuss the possible info that may come out of this. I will take a breath and start:

When BC was interviewed he said that George never said 'it was an accident that snowballed,' but he did not deny the affair itself. I take this to mean that the bare bones (and I have used that phrase before) of the story is true.

To me the obvious area I want to know more about is: how the detectives wound up at her door? Where did they get the information that led them to her? If it WAS from the batphones, where did OCSO get the numbers? This seems like it could be, at least in part, what Prosecuters wanted held back from the defense for awhile - and I can understand why.

Also, from a legal point of view, I would assume anything R says would be hearsay and not admissible. My question is, if other leads are developed from this hearsay and those leads can be proved, so to speak, would that info be allowed?

Didn't the existance of the "Bat Phones" come up in one of Cindy's depositions? I seem to remember that that was a bombshell to those doing the questioning? Once LE got one of them it would just be a matter of digging through its records to figure out which numbers were the others and then pulling those records. And then probably finally confronting DC with all the numbers to identify until he spits out "That one is George's mistress!"

I saw part of a video clip of Brad from today's 5 or 6 o'clock news denying the statement George allegedly made, but I don't recall him denying the affair. Interesting that the lead in (on Wesh) says denied the affair, yet Bob Kealing in his report does not. Not much success finding the video of Brad speaking. Not saying I don't trust Wesh but I'd like to hear Brad say it, since it is inconsistent with what WFTV is reporting.

If you listen to Brad carefully he questions the womens motives, and implies they are in it for some sort of profit, and are in some way scaming the National Enquirer. So no he does not actually deny the affair, but tries to leave the impression that he is denying the affair and claiming it is a scam. It's all verbal tricks and lawyer/political doublespeak.

"The sheriff's office is doing an investigation. They're thorough. They're serious about this, and they're going to interview and take statements from anybody that has information relevant to the death of Caylee Anthony," Conway said.

Ha Ha Ha! After all the mudslinging they did bashing LE and the SA up one side and down the other, now they're praising their actions and efforts! I'm sure they'll be singing this song and doing their brown nosing until LE finds evidence against GA - and possibly CA. Then it'll be right back to the "They don't know what they're doing . . . they're just out to get us . . . they didn't investigate . . . they don't have any evidence . . . blah, blah, blah"

If you listen to Brad carefully he questions the womens motives, and implies they are in it for some sort of profit, and are in some way scaming the National Enquirer. So no he does not actually deny the affair, but tries to leave the impression that he is denying the affair and claiming it is a scam. It's all verbal tricks and lawyer/political doublespeak.

I do recall hearing what you are describing. It's a bit of a stretch to report then that he actually denied the affair existed, IMO.

I think DC turned over his batphones, LE was able to get records, and they finally tracked a number down to this mistress and maybe more. I still think the info being held back has to do with DC, and this is just a piece of that info to scare the defense with.

And with the silence STILL from the defense, and BC's weak denial of the statement (I am trying so hard not go to go there and I really want to) and bad deflection to the Enquirer (not saying she didn't call them, but until I hear HER say that's who she tried to give a story to, I'm not believing BC), I think it's working, and I'm thinking that's fear I'm smellin'.

In fact, BC did a worse job than usual. I mean nothing he said went over on me at all. Is that just me being jaded and angry, or is he taking talking lessons from Baez now?

This is the part that caught my eye:

and by Thanksgiving of that year after their affair had started, George told her Caylee's death was an accident that snowballed out of control.

That would have been a month before Caylee's remains were found when the Anthonys were insisting that Caylee was still alive with kidnappers.

I was under the impression that GA said this after Caylee had been found. If this is true, it's just more evidence he knew she was dead.

That is the crux of this that, if true, could be problematic for the defense IMO.

I don't think the affair in and of itself matters at all to the case, but I could be missing some implication.

I just find it interesting, that although she claims "There's nothing I want to cash in on." She nonetheless kept a single text message for over a year that says "Just thinking about you! I need you in my life."

Some affair, even if true it sounds like it was a text sent long after they had stopped seeing each other.

And IMO Cindy is better looking anyways ;-)

I just find it interesting, that although she claims "There's nothing I want to cash in on." She nonetheless kept a single text message for over a year that says "Just thinking about you! I need you in my life."

Some affair, even if true it sounds like it was a text sent long after they had stopped seeing each other.

And IMO Cindy is better looking anyways ;-)

Do we know for a fact that she only kept one text message, or might there be others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong