824 users online (125 members and 699 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MA - Greg Hart, 23, Dedham, 13 March 2010

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/...ssing-20100315

Dedham man missing
    Updated: Monday, 15 Mar 2010, 10:35 PM EDT
    Published : Monday, 15 Mar 2010, 10:35 PM EDT
    Bob Ward

PROVIDENCE (FOX 25 / MyFoxBoston.com) - A Dedham man has gone missing after having a night out with friends in Providence.

23-year-old Greg Hart has not been seen in days. On Saturday night, he went out with friends to the Red Room Bar in Providence, RI. He left at around 1:40 a.m. and hasn't been seen since.

Friends tell FOX25 that there did not appear to be anything unusual going on when Hart left the bar.

Greg's car is still parked at his friend's house and no one is answering his cell phone.

Hart's family is offering a $1,000 reward for any information. If you do have information on Greg Hart's disappearance, please call Providence police.
    Picture in video at link
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 03-16-2010 at 10:18 PM.

Massachusetts college student missing in Providence

http://newsblog.projo.com/2010/03/ma...e-student.html

1:19 PM Tue, Mar 16, 2010 | Permalink
    News staff

PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- The Providence police are asking for help in finding a Massachusetts college student who's been missing since a night out with friends in Providence.

Greg Hart, 23, hasn't been seen since leaving the Red Room Bar, at One Fox Place, in Providence early Sunday morning, according to Providence Police Lt. George Stamatakos.

He'd gone to the bar with three friends but left alone, according to Stamatakos.

How was he planning on getting home? Was he going home (Dedham) or home to school (Amherst)? His car was parked at a friend's home, where was that?

It is a 2 hour ride from Providence to Amherst and a 40 minute ride to Dedham. If he didn't have his own vehicle, a cab would be quite expensive. IMO

Information I could gather from a news story last evening

As best as I can remember, and I cannot find a link with this information yet:

Greg had driven his car to his friends apartment (not sure where the apartment is? Providence?). They had taken a cab to the bar. Greg left alone. Just got up and left. Didn't say anything.

Greg's car is still at the friend's apartment.

His poor father was on the news segment, just pleading for someone to help him. Broke my heart.

Family offers reward to help find missing Dedham man

http://www.boston.com/yourtown/news/...l?comments=all

Posted March 16, 2010 02:32 PM
    By Michele Morgan Bolton, Globe Correspondent

The distraught family of a Dedham man is offering a $1,000 reward for any information in his disappearance.

Quote Originally Posted by summer_breeze View Post
    As best as I can remember, and I cannot find a link with this information yet:

Greg had driven his car to his friends apartment (not sure where the apartment is? Providence?). They had taken a cab to the bar. Greg left alone. Just got up and left. Didn't say anything.

Greg's car is still at the friend's apartment.

His poor father was on the news segment, just pleading for someone to help him. Broke my heart.

Thank you! I hope more details will come out soon. It's hard to dive in, when you don't know anything but the time he left and what bar they were at.
    I wonder if he "got up and left" meaning he needed to step outside. Perhaps for some fresh air or to be sick from drinking too much.

Now there MUST be witnesses. He would have had to hail a cab outside of the club. The club closes at 2, he left at 1:40. Why not wait for your friends? Were they headed somewhere else after the bar?

Some of the details are in the video at this link.

Quote Originally Posted by summer_breeze View Post

Thanks! I have to wait till I'm out of work. No sound here...Grrr!

Found deceased?

Missing Dedham man's body pulled from river

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/...river-20100316

PROVIDENCE (FOX 25 / MyFoxBoston.com) - Family members tell FOX25 that a body pulled from a Rhode Island river is believed to be the body of Greg Hart, who had been missing since the weekend.

Greg Hart had not been seen in days. On Saturday night, he went out with friends to the Red Room Bar in Providence, RI. Friends told FOX25 that he left the bar at around 1:40 a.m. [snip]

My thoughts and prayers are with this family.

Body of Dedham man found in a Providence river, police say

http://www.boston.com/yourtown/news/...l?comments=all

Posted March 16, 2010 02:32 PM
    By John Guilfoil, Globe Staff

Friends and family members of a Dedham man missing in Rhode Island since Saturday located the man's body in a Providence river Tuesday afternoon, police said.

Gregory Hart, a recent University of Massachusetts Amherst economics graduate, was last seen at The Red Room in Providence late Saturday night. He left the bar around 1 a.m. Sunday and vanished, family members said. His disappearance made headlines around the region and put dozens of Hartís friends and family members on the South Shore into motion, as they headed south to look for their kin.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Rest in Peace Greg.

So sad! My prayers are with the family.

Why did I have a feeling he would be found in water? I am not a believer in the "smiley face killer" theory, but all of these young guys (ok a lot of them) that walk out of bars end up in water!! Boggles my mind!!!!!!!!

Providence police under scrutiny by family of dead man: family offers $20,000 reward for information

On Tuesday afternoon, friends and family found the body of Gregory Hart in the Woonasquatucket River, not far from the Red Room Bar and the iHop restaurant where he was last seen.

The disappearance and death of Hart, from Dedham, Massachusetts is causing controversy between the family and the Providence police.

The family continues to insist hat the Providence police told Hart's mother and sister to "get lost and file the report in Boston."

Gregory Hart's family is offering a reward of $20,000 for information about his death.

(more at link)
    http://www.examiner.com/x-39124-Prov...or-information

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast