1016 users online (208 members and 808 guests)  

Websleuths News

4 Year Old Boy On Life Support After Accident

http://www.journaltimes.com/news/loc...cc4c002e0.html

This little boy is on life support after a terrible crash, he's lost nearly 2/3rds of his brain functioning and it took 20 minutes for rescuers to resuscitate him.
    The 78 yo driver of the van that plowed into the car he was riding in has been charged with several offenses, including not having a licence.
    The driver of the car the boy was in also was ticketed for not having him in a booster seat.

Praying for a miracle for Michael!!!

VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

A simple booster seat may have made this less of a tragedy. My dad thinks the child seat regulations are a joke and therefore, he lost privleges to take my children anywhere. I guess like most grumpy old men, he thinks what was done in the past is sufficent. His line is "we didn't use those things when you kinds were young" I plan to tell him about this accident.

gee i wonder why gramps couldnt get a drivers liscense

Quote Originally Posted by 2sisters View Post
    A simple booster seat may have made this less of a tragedy. My dad thinks the child seat regulations are a joke and therefore, he lost privleges to take my children anywhere. I guess like most grumpy old men, he thinks what was done in the past is sufficent. His line is "we didn't use those things when you kinds were young" I plan to tell him about this accident.
    You can also remind your father that back in the time you were a child, you didn't have everybody on the road talking on their cell phone, texting, and high on a multitude of drugs.

VB
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

Quote Originally Posted by kbl8201 View Post
    gee i wonder why gramps couldnt get a drivers liscense
    Yes I'm wondering about that also.
    I'm also wondering who the vehicle belonged to that he was driving. Don't you have to show a drivers licence to get tags for your car?

Poor little boy, I hope he's able to pull through but the injuries seem so severe!
    The article says his mother was in the car and has a broken pelvis which she's refusing to have surgery for until her son is doing better. I imagine she's thinking he could pass away while she's knocked out for surgery

VB

i hate to be pessimsitic but losing 2/3 of his brain functions doesnt sound good even if he survives

http://www.journaltimes.com/news/loc...cc4c002e0.html

Sadly Michael has passed away

The unlicenced driver who caused the crash by running a red light has been given a 2,500 cash bond and is ordered to not retrieve his van from the impound.

This link has a picture of the driver. I would have much rather have seen a picture of Michael may he R.I.P.

VB