1022 users online (238 members and 784 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Georgia jogger killed by plane

If I didn't hear this story,I wouldn't have believed it myself, I feel so bad for his family. Read Story Below.

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_sto...41817&catid=40
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Go80y20fA
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOGOBT77Xs

Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...eCountry=en_US

Quote Originally Posted by legalmania View Post
    If I didn't hear this story,I wouldn't have believed it myself, I feel so bad for his family. Read Story Below.

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_sto...41817&catid=40
    What a tragic story. Prayers for this young man and his loved ones.

Silent Plane Crash Kills Jogger Listening To iPod.

Link

Ga. man running on beach was killed by plane on Hilton Head; pilot is from Chesapeake, Va.

A Georgia man was running and listening to his iPod on the beach on Hilton Head Island when he was struck and killed by an airplane that made an emergency landing Monday near Palmetto Dunes, the Beaufort County Coronerís Office said today.

The victim was identified as Robert Gary Jones, 38, of Woodstock, Ga. Authorities say he probably did not see or hear the plane coming down because it had no power.

Geez, God must have really wanted this guy to go. Take any of the numerous pieces that caused this to happen away and it doesn't happen.

1. The guy doesn't fly that exact way and at that exact speed and or takes off later or earlier by a few seconds.
    2. The engine malfunction occurs one or two seconds before or after it did.
    3. The oil leaves room enough for the pilot to see and land better.
    4. The jogger starts his run or adjusts his speed by a difference of two or three seconds.
    5. His iPod is between songs.
    6. The plane makes enough noise to be heard.
    7-infinity He doesn't take the vacation in Hilton Head or makes it a few days earlier or later, he doesn't get up at the exact time he did, he takes less or more time getting ready, he chooses a different route, he forgets his iPod and on and on.

This is a needle in a haystack death. It makes you realize that anything can happen at any time.

At least the guy probably never knew what hit him.

Indeed, a rare set of circumstances all coming together to a terribly tragic end.

(Brings to mind a freak lightning strike on a beach which killed a familiar reporter back in the JBR case days.)

I do have to wonder about tethering ourselves to earphones, no matter whether we are traveling in auto or on foot. Speaking as one who is hearing-impaired, I wish my tuner had a Volume Up knob to keep me aware.

My condolences to the young family who lost a husband and father...and also to the pilot who followed instructions and ended-up inadvertantly killing someone on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by shana View Post
    Indeed, a rare set of circumstances all coming together to a terribly tragic end.

(Brings to mind a freak lightning strike on a beach which killed a familiar reporter back in the JBR case days.)

I do have to wonder about tethering ourselves to earphones, no matter whether we are traveling in auto or on foot. Speaking as one who is hearing-impaired, I wish my tuner had a Volume Up knob to keep me aware.

My condolences to the young family who lost a husband and father...and also to the pilot who followed instructions and ended-up inadvertantly killing someone on the ground.
    That pilot has got to be feeling a lot of weird things now. He knows he did the best he could under a bad situation and yet the one in a billion problem occurs. Before he knew he had hit anyone he was probably relieved he had managed to land without killing himself or his passenger.

When I picture the scene, I think: Six Feet Under.

Quote Originally Posted by tapu View Post
    When I picture the scene, I think: Six Feet Under.
    If Six Feet Under was still on TV I'm sure this would eventually be an opening sequence.

It's a terrible tragedy.

That said, picture that opening sequence: jogger, silent glider, WHOMP!, sound of seagulls.

was a kid in the control tower again?

okay, you're worse than me

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    Link

Ga. man running on beach was killed by plane on Hilton Head; pilot is from Chesapeake, Va.

A Georgia man was running and listening to his iPod on the beach on Hilton Head Island when he was struck and killed by an airplane that made an emergency landing Monday near Palmetto Dunes, the Beaufort County Coronerís Office said today.

The victim was identified as Robert Gary Jones, 38, of Woodstock, Ga. Authorities say he probably did not see or hear the plane coming down because it had no power.

Geez, God must have really wanted this guy to go. Take any of the numerous pieces that caused this to happen away and it doesn't happen.

1. The guy doesn't fly that exact way and at that exact speed and or takes off later or earlier by a few seconds.
    2. The engine malfunction occurs one or two seconds before or after it did.
    3. The oil leaves room enough for the pilot to see and land better.
    4. The jogger starts his run or adjusts his speed by a difference of two or three seconds.
    5. His iPod is between songs.
    6. The plane makes enough noise to be heard.
    7-infinity He doesn't take the vacation in Hilton Head or makes it a few days earlier or later, he doesn't get up at the exact time he did, he takes less or more time getting ready, he chooses a different route, he forgets his iPod and on and on.

This is a needle in a haystack death. It makes you realize that anything can happen at any time.
    At least the guy probably never knew what hit him.
    Isn't that the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by shana View Post

That's actually an excellent point (tragic circumstances aside.) People, be aware of the world around you at all times... it might be something that saves your life or the life of a loved one.
    iPods are wonderful...as are cell phones. But there's a reason why you shouldn't drive or text while using one at the same time.
    The same goes for any other device that might interfere with your awareness of the world around you.

We have a lot to learn about personal safety from the hearing and vision impaired people of this world.

Oriah

The one contributing factor that Steely Dan left out of the many pieces was the fact that the jogger had his iPod on earphones on. I agree with Shana that there is a certain risk that people take when they go out into the world without the ability to hear what is going on around them. Had he had that important sense tuned in it could have saved his life.

That being said, I feel terribly for the victim, his family and the pilot. This is one of those tragic accidents that makes you aware of the need to appreciate every minute of life.

How horrible for the runner and his family. I know when I run I never use an ipod just for the fact that you canít stay tuned to your surroundings. I used to fear cars, never thinking Iíd have to be fearful of a plane. Itís so tragic for someone to lose their life this way.

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

ō My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

What an awful freaky accident. I feel terrible for both parties.

I understand and agree that in most instances you should not have ear plugs on while traveling (walking, driving, etc.)

But there's that little part of me that thinks...well if you can't even take a walk on the beach to get some serene alone time....
    where the heck can you go.

Sometimes,there's too much going on in the world.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast