Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #4

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKyle View Post
    The address for home that was listed on the registration at the hotel... it was actually another hotel wasn't it?

Did police or anyone check with that hotel for Lyle or a different name or anything of the sort?
    It was a Best Western. They showed his photo to the staff, but they didn't recognize him.

Got it!

Fidel Urbina

I know prints should have matched in database but maybe a comp glitch. Yes i saw that the last sighting was 2 years ago but what does that mean? Family saw him?

Lyle doesn't have pock marks though. Urbina has a much wider chin too.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to outofthedark For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by outofthedark View Post
    It was a Best Western. They showed his photo to the staff, but they didn't recognize him.
    Was that the extent of their investigation at the Best Western? If that was it that leaves a lot of possibilities... someone could definitely go unrecognized... it may have been a month since he was there... or more... who knows.
    Interesting....

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperKyle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKyle View Post
    Was that the extent of their investigation at the Best Western? If that was it that leaves a lot of possibilities... someone could definitely go unrecognized... it may have been a month since he was there... or more... who knows.
    Interesting....
    I don't think CCM said anything further about the trip to the BW.

I don't think CCM said anything further about the trip to the BW.
    The local PD questioned the staff, and showed Lyle's picture around, but no one recognized him.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to coldcaseman For This Useful Post:

If the hotel in Idaho is an address that he knew of and is a place he stayed... can we determine then that "Lyle" was heading west? He Moves from a hotel in Idaho to another hotel in Washington.
    It would seem the Best Western in Idaho was an actual stop he made.... probably under a different name.
    Where was he before the Best Western in Idaho? Further east? Was he heading for the western sea board?
    Could he have been from say Nebraska, maybe Omaha? Too far east?

And seems to me his weight loss is tied to his depression... seems he had been depressed and losing weight for much longer then 5 days... maybe more like 2 months or so... maybe like around June 13, 2001. 3 months of depression can take a toll.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuperKyle For This Useful Post:

Bumping for Lyle. I hope that somewhere there is someone can identify you, Lyle, and hopefully it is sooner rather than later.
    Here a , there a , everywhere a

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to neverletgo For This Useful Post:

Thinking of you today, Lyle.

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to neverletgo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by neverletgo View Post

Bumping for Lyle. I hope that somewhere there is someone can identify you, Lyle, and hopefully it is sooner rather than later.
    It's been 11 years now

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to outofthedark For This Useful Post:

It's been 11 years now
    I was thinking about this too the other day during the Independence Day holiday here in the States -- that here in a few short months, it will be ELEVEN years since Lyle's passing. Almost hard to believe it's been that long.

I try to think positive, but I can't help but wonder sometimes -- will he EVER be identified? And where do we go from here?

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to neverletgo For This Useful Post:

I was thinking about this too the other day during the Independence Day holiday here in the States -- that here in a few short months, it will be ELEVEN years since Lyle's passing. Almost hard to believe it's been that long.

I try to think positive, but I can't help but wonder sometimes -- will he EVER be identified? And where do we go from here?
    He will - I'm optimistic about that. I might take some time, but it will happen.

There's UID cases have been stalled for 20-30 years and they've been identified within the past 10 years or so.

Lyle would be about 31 this year... still such a young age...

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to outofthedark For This Useful Post:

He will - I'm optimistic about that. I might take some time, but it will happen.

There's UID cases have been stalled for 20-30 years and they've been identified within the past 10 years or so.

Lyle would be about 31 this year... still such a young age...
    I admire your optimism, outofthedark!

And you're definitely right . . . there have been some stalled UID cases that have been identified within the past decade. That's something that I will keep in mind when I'm feeling hopeless about this.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neverletgo For This Useful Post:

I admire your optimism, outofthedark!

And you're definitely right . . . there have been some stalled UID cases that have been identified within the past decade. That's something that I will keep in mind when I'm feeling hopeless about this.
    Sometimes I do feel like it will be hopeless, but then I remember the ones such as Robert Corriveau (1968), Jeanne Melville (1970), Dorothy Gay Howard (1954), Angela Girdner (1985, Apparently they had misplaced her remains and vital information), Serial killer victims (various years), and Surette Clark (1979).

I had a dream once that he was identified, so maybe it will happen soon.

For all we know, he could be identified at the end of the year or in 2013. Things happen when you least expect it!

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to outofthedark For This Useful Post:

Lyle is buried at the Fern Hill Cemetery in Aberdeen. He might be in Block 43, space 32.

After numerous searching, I found a Sept. 17th, 2001 article in the archives that mentions Lyle: http://tdw.thedailyworld.com/content/news_20010918_8
    I finally got around to asking my friend (from Saudi Arabia w/ the "unusual" dental work) about "Lyle" and showed him his photo. He thinks if he is from the Middle East he is probably from Lebanon or Iran. He also thought that he could have been Italian or Italian American, for the record. Why I asked about whether Lyle was buried or cremated was because this same person gets really upset about the idea of cremation and I wondered if "Lyle" was the same way and selected a jurisdiction where he would be buried.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ambercat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ambercat View Post
    I finally got around to asking my friend (from Saudi Arabia w/ the "unusual" dental work) about "Lyle" and showed him his photo. He thinks if he is from the Middle East he is probably from Lebanon or Iran. He also thought that he could have been Italian or Italian American, for the record. Why I asked about whether Lyle was buried or cremated was because this same person gets really upset about the idea of cremation and I wondered if "Lyle" was the same way and selected a jurisdiction where he would be buried.
    He does have a Mediterranean appearance and those countries are within that region.

I know 3 Iranian people, and sometime I think I could get an opinion from one of them.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to outofthedark For This Useful Post:

If Lyle is thought to have lost a lot of weight just prior to his death, has anyone done a sketch of what he would look like with say another 40 lbs on him?

His face would look different.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Woodland For This Useful Post:

Coldcaseman - have you ruled out Lyle wasn't hanging out with the unidentified male found in Deep River, Ontario 12 days before Lyle was found in the motel room? Is it a possibility?

Too weird about the many hotel/motel rooms and the caffeine/diet pills/weight loss the two have in common.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60257"]CANADA Canada - Laurentian Hills near Deep River ON - Male 334UMON, 28-40, Sept 2001 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woodland For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Woodland View Post
    Coldcaseman - have you ruled out Lyle wasn't hanging out with the unidentified male found in Deep River, Ontario 12 days before Lyle was found in the motel room? Is it a possibility?

Too weird about the many hotel/motel rooms and the caffeine/diet pills/weight loss the two have in common.

CANADA Canada - Laurentian Hills near Deep River ON - Male 334UMON, 28-40, Sept 2001 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    That guy seems like he was a traveler or traveling around Canada. I think he was a health nut, with all the supplements and protein bars. I think the hotels may have been from extensive traveling, but only this time around, he was probably hiking. I think he was/got lost or stranded somewhere.

It does seem like the Deep River unidentified man was traveling around - but where were his other belongings? Other clothes, ID, money, bank card etc. How did he get to Deep River if he had been in Toronto as the laundry bag suggests?

No family or employer reported him missing? He doesn't appear to have been homeless.

Wonder what Lyle was trying to escape. He seemed to have been a man of means as well.

It does seem like the Deep River unidentified man was traveling around - but where were his other belongings? Other clothes, ID, money, bank card etc. How did he get to Deep River if he had been in Toronto as the laundry bag suggests?

No family or employer reported him missing? He doesn't appear to have been homeless.

Wonder what Lyle was trying to escape. He seemed to have been a man of means as well.
    He could have been robbed.

Hopefully coldcaseman can answer my question a few posts back.

Hopefully coldcaseman can answer my question a few posts back.
    CCM is a member of the FB group. You can always post your query on the page's wall (if you're a member) and see if you get any answers.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to outofthedark For This Useful Post:

Hi, Forgive me if this has already been mentioned (I haven't read through all of the pages!). I also think he looks like he could be middle eastern. With the date of his death so soon after 9/11, I was wondering if he could have been involved. Maybe he got stranded here and had no way out of the US. Just a thought...

41. The Following User Says Thank You to buster23 For This Useful Post:

We did go over the 9/11 scenario, but we haven't been able to determine anything.

Someone on here did show Lyle's photo to an ME friend, who said that Lyle could possibly be Iranian or Lebanese.

The Native American possibility seems to be dying out over time.

43. The Following User Says Thank You to outofthedark For This Useful Post:

Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast