1118 users online (199 members and 919 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 107 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    Hi all! I am new to this site (well, newly registered, long time reader). This case has always haunted me, I'm glad to see i'm not the only one! I've actually been writing about it a lot lately too...anyways, I have actually read through the previous threads, and I didn't see this question answered:

When he checked in, was he wearing the same clothes as when he was found dead? Or was he wearing different clothes? And if he was, then could they be with the potential backpack...?

I look forward to discussing (and hopefully solving!) this mystery with you, so this poor man can have his name back...

Quote Originally Posted by rsorcha View Post
    Hi all! I am new to this site (well, newly registered, long time reader). This case has always haunted me, I'm glad to see i'm not the only one! I've actually been writing about it a lot lately too...anyways, I have actually read through the previous threads, and I didn't see this question answered:

When he checked in, was he wearing the same clothes as when he was found dead? Or was he wearing different clothes? And if he was, then could they be with the potential backpack...?

I look forward to discussing (and hopefully solving!) this mystery with you, so this poor man can have his name back...
    Welcome to websleuths!!!

I have no clue about the clothes. I thought there was discussion about him not having underwear (sorry my memory is awful, and read so many UID stories, I just can't keep anything straight)
    Anyways if that's true, I was thinking that maybe he only had the clothes on his back and tossed the undies if he was in them for a few days traveling.

A few things I was wondering.....
    Does it look like a scar between his eyes? and above his Left eye, is that a scar?
    Also I read somewhere (I think doenetwork) that sometimes eyes after death will change to Hazel. I was wondering if there's a slight possibility Lyle could of had blue eyes? or even blue-greenish eyes? I've came across a couple of posts of missing persons w/o pictures, that stats almost match lyles, alot of them have blue eyes though.

Did anyone ever get word on if this case could go into the UID section? Sometimes I worry that people might not even click on the link, thinking its an unsolved murder case or something.

This is the correct current thread. I merged some older posts that needed to be added to one of the threads so chose this one rather than merging into older locked threads.

Continue on.....
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by kaylenbabysims View Post
    Welcome to websleuths!!!

I have no clue about the clothes. I thought there was discussion about him not having underwear (sorry my memory is awful, and read so many UID stories, I just can't keep anything straight)
    Anyways if that's true, I was thinking that maybe he only had the clothes on his back and tossed the undies if he was in them for a few days traveling.

A few things I was wondering.....
    Does it look like a scar between his eyes? and above his Left eye, is that a scar?
    Also I read somewhere (I think doenetwork) that sometimes eyes after death will change to Hazel. I was wondering if there's a slight possibility Lyle could of had blue eyes? or even blue-greenish eyes? I've came across a couple of posts of missing persons w/o pictures, that stats almost match lyles, alot of them have blue eyes though.

Did anyone ever get word on if this case could go into the UID section? Sometimes I worry that people might not even click on the link, thinking its an unsolved murder case or something.
    That "scar" is the result from him hanging himself, I believe CCM said that's how he got it.

I did look up about the eye color thing, and I did find something:
    http://en.allexperts.com/q/Hospice-C...ange-death.htm

Quote Originally Posted by outofthedark View Post
    That "scar" is the result from him hanging himself, I believe CCM said that's how he got it.

I did look up about the eye color thing, and I did find something:
    http://en.allexperts.com/q/Hospice-C...ange-death.htm
    lol i'm still confused about the eye color thing! Seems like there's difference of opinions.

I never really paid attention to the scar looking thing between his eye brows but its been driving me crazy because I remember reading somewhere (?) about a missing person with a backwards 7 or upside down L scar around that area. Or maybe it was a backwards L or a upside down 7.

Quote Originally Posted by rsorcha View Post

Gina M posted this link to coldcasemans first post here
    Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Grays Harbor, Washington John Doe (cont...)

I'm going to go through his post to see what else I missed. Not that i'll remember much after few days lol

ETA: found the answer to the underwear for anyone who missed it like me.........
    A post from Coldcaseman
    "He was wearing boxers. Dark colored print, possibly JC Penny (as I recall). Stomach was empty, so his last meal was at least 5 hours before his death. "

I'm starting to wonder if he did not have recent weightloss??? I mean big pants,boxers,belt, and the plaid button up shirt just seems like the fashion for some back then
    Last edited by KateB; 04-04-2015 at 01:27 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

lol i'm still confused about the eye color thing! Seems like there's difference of opinions.

I never really paid attention to the scar looking thing between his eye brows but its been driving me crazy because I remember reading somewhere (?) about a missing person with a backwards 7 or upside down L scar around that area. Or maybe it was a backwards L or a upside down 7.
    Whoops! :d'oh: I thought you were talking about what was next to his eye!

Well i've been looking at this pic at this link

Warning Morgue Pic
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_q-WUI5W_6I...00405S_846.jpg

You see that 'thing' about the left eye? kinda half circle looking? I cant even describe it. lol

Warning Morgue Pic

You see that 'thing' about the left eye? kinda half circle looking? I cant even describe it. lol

Hi, I think Coldcaseman said that happened when he opened Lyle's eye for the photograph. That is as I remember.

It is so encouraging to see posters still serious about solving this mystery. I think about him often and am always drawn to his unusual chin, trying to figure out his ancestry. I think if we discover that, it will tell us so much about the who and why of Lyle's case.

xox

Warning Morgue Pic

You mean where it looks like someone punched him there & it's was healing?

Weird how his left eyebrow is higher; not sure if that's due to his eyes being opened for the photo

As far as eye color; I'm trying to think of my dad's eyes before he passed.. we knew his body was shutting down on a Friday, he passed on Monday night; I'm almost positive his eye color somewhat changed; more so like it got cloudy

Quote Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post

Weird how his left eyebrow is higher; not sure if that's due to his eyes being opened for the photo

As far as eye color; I'm trying to think of my dad's eyes before he passed.. we knew his body was shutting down on a Friday, he passed on Monday night; I'm almost positive his eye color somewhat changed; more so like it got cloudy

I tried to put some blue dots around the areas that I question if they could be scars or not. Sometimes I see missing persons posts that say scars on face or such but due to some of the missing persons photo its hard to tell where the scars are.

Warning Morgue Pic
    http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m...00405S_846.jpg

About the eye color. On my laptop screen at least (I know everyone's is different) Lyles eyes look green but near the pupil looks like there's a smudge of brown & yellow but around the outter edges of his left eye look kinda dark blue/sea green color when you zoom in.
    I would just hate to exclude missing persons with blue eyes if theres a chance his eyes could of turned a little.

I know growing up my eyes looked more like brown until I hit my late teens /early 20's but they're not. They're green! Last time my grandmother saw me she kept looking at my eyes asking if I had contacts in! She did the majority of raising me so I was a little taken back that she never noticed before... I think my oldest daughters will be the same way. Most people comment on what beautiful brown eyes she has and she has to correct them and tell them she has Brownie-Green eyes. Once she's in the sunlight the green just pops out but they're a little darker than mine.

My husbands grandma has been really close to death a few times this past year and If I can recall right her eyes just way more blue. Before they seemed more dull almost a blue grey. I need to go look at pictures.

I wish there was information somewhere stating what the % of UID's stats and Missing persons stats actually match up. (height/weight/eyecolor/hair color) I know for sure some of the descriptions of hair color on missing persons or the UID are way off. Some say brown and they're hair looks really light blond/strawberry blond, some say red hair and they're hair looks more brown/auburn.

That reminds me. Lyles hair looks really dark. I wonder if say he had longer hair if it could if looked lighter in color or even a different 'look' (texture) I've known a couple of guys that had longer kinky looking hair but once its chopped off it looks darker and more fine/silky smooth looking.

Welp I better stop blabbing, this ended up much longer than I intended

Quote Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post

I do wonder if Lyles eye brows were pulled up more due to the autopsy.. The hair line looks like it goes further back on one side of the head more than the other. (maybe it just looks like that due to shadowing?) In the pics of him when he was still in the motel look a tad different then the autopsy pic. They do not look as clear though, so maybe thats why? shrug!

I do wonder if Lyles eye brows were pulled up more due to the autopsy.. The hair line looks like it goes further back on one side of the head more than the other. (maybe it just looks like that due to shadowing?) In the pics of him when he was still in the motel look a tad different then the autopsy pic. They do not look as clear though, so maybe thats why? shrug!
    Where are the motel pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by outofthedark View Post
    Where are the motel pictures?
    I think those are the pics doc posted??? maybe they were from the morgue .. I thought there was a lamp or something in the background. maybe it was at the morgue too I'm not even sure. I just thought maybe the pics were taken in different places with different cameras since the few of lyle after autospy were so clear. The other ones with the belt still intact looks more 'fuzzy'
    Warning Graphic pics
    http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...lyle/?start=20
    the angle his face is and with the lamp in the background makes it look like he's in the upright position but maybe not
    Last edited by Babyslims; 04-08-2010 at 03:02 PM.

Page 3 of 107 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast