1292 users online (198 members and 1094 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast
    If we all work together I bet we can find out more!

The more I think about this, the less I think that he's going to be "claimed" by a family member, and more likely it seems that it's going to be an old classmate or coworker that goes "I know him! I wondered what happened to him!"

He has to have had a job at some point, he probably has coworkers somewhere that are wondering what happened; he probably quit his job and they lost touch.
    "She read about people she could never be, on adventures she would never have. Life was good enough until one day it wasn't. She wanted more..."

"A time comes when silence is betrayal."
    - Martin Luther King

Long shot

Could he be middle eastern? The timing so close to Sept. 11 seems rather odd.
    He seemed well educated..That book would have bored me to tears.
    We have had a few terrorist activities that came down from Canada? Maybe he was a sacrificial lamb, or knew to much about something, or knew his job was complete (Sept 11th)
    Just tossing ideas out there.
    What I lack in book smarts, I make up for in street smarts

Quote Originally Posted by outofthedark View Post
    I posted something in the last thread about Judaism and suicide, because I wondered if he was Jewish.
    I have always thought Lyle looked a lot like an old bf. That's what drew me to his case.
    The bf was Russian Jew from Minnesota. People always thought he was native American and was often asked what tribe he belonged to by Native people.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...rg_nathan.html

Probably not him, but worth a look (and a second opinion from a fellow websleuther)!

Missing in April '99 from Minnesota, black hair, brown eyes, believed depressed, age fits (turned 24 on the day Lyle was found), AND his father died in 2001...possible reason for finally taking his life? Weight is MUCH higher, but he had two years to lose that weight...

I'm new at this, I'd love some feedback/second opinion!
    "She read about people she could never be, on adventures she would never have. Life was good enough until one day it wasn't. She wanted more..."

"A time comes when silence is betrayal."
    - Martin Luther King

It doesn't say that his DNA is in CODIS, so it might be worth submitting to LE.

Quote Originally Posted by foryourwine View Post
    Do we have a list of rule outs? I seem to remember Donald Izzett being ruled out, but i'm not sure. There are a few similarities.

-Abdomen scar
    -Donald was 6'2, 165 lbs..Lyle was 6'2, 140 lbs and had recently lost weight
    -Donald enjoyed reading. The name Lyle Stevik comes from a book
    Whoops, forgot to add Donald's link.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...tt_donald.html

Quote Originally Posted by rsorcha View Post

Probably not him, but worth a look (and a second opinion from a fellow websleuther)!

Missing in April '99 from Minnesota, black hair, brown eyes, believed depressed, age fits (turned 24 on the day Lyle was found), AND his father died in 2001...possible reason for finally taking his life? Weight is MUCH higher, but he had two years to lose that weight...

I think they look alot alike, although I don't think Lyle's ears were pierced. I can't tell if Nathan's earlobes are attached..

Quote Originally Posted by rsorcha View Post

That looks like a really good match.
    Your ears can close shut if you don't wear any earrings.
    And you would travel through Idaho to get from Minnesota to Wa. Say for living in Idaho for a while.
    And look at his wonderful teeth. I think this one looks really good.
    Last edited by defender123; 05-08-2010 at 09:35 AM. Reason: ?
    What I lack in book smarts, I make up for in street smarts

Here's a MySpace dedicated to finding Nathan, maybe you can contact the family directly about Lyle.

http://www.myspace.com/nathanandrewedberg

I saw a gentleman in the movie Fargo who reminded me of Lyle. It got me thinking that maybe this person was of a higher profile than just you or I...obviously not so much that he would be easily recognizable by anybody, but enough so that he thought he should check in under an assumed name. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephani View Post
    I saw a gentleman in the movie Fargo who reminded me of Lyle. It got me thinking that maybe this person was of a higher profile than just you or I...obviously not so much that he would be easily recognizable by anybody, but enough so that he thought he should check in under an assumed name. Just a thought.
    Which character? Gaear? http://www.ugo.com/therush/images/ch...-162/image.jpg

Love that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by kaylenbabysims View Post
    Depatie was ruled out too right? Good start off to a list! Hopefully we can have more names added! I'm really excited Lyle has his own area on websleuths!!! It did take me a few days to find it though lol.

Hi Buffetoflies! I'm not sure what to think about the guy in the pic. He does kinda have a Lyle look to him. I noticed going through canada missing persons alot have some type of facial feature that's kinda like Lyles. Alot look like they have that attatched earlobe thing going on.
    MY BOLD

Depatie was definitely ruled out, unfortunately. I had to take a break from this case after that because I got so disappointed when it wasn't him. But his sister sent me a message after viewing the pics and said it definitely wasn't her brother.

i personally don't see the Nathan resemblance.
    Last edited by akashana; 05-20-2010 at 12:08 AM. Reason: nathan reference

Quote Originally Posted by buffetoflies View Post
    Hi guys. I have been a member of a different site for many years. On this site there is a man who I think looks a lot like Lyle. This man on this other site is from/lives in Alberta, CA. Does anyone else think they look alike? First one is just a pic of the guy that is alive, second link is a side by side of lyle and a different pic of the alive guy.

http://www.youthink.com/bigphoto.asp..._245651694.jpg
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96...lylestevik.jpg
    Wow! he does look like Lyle. maybe he;s too young, though. Of course the picture could befrom years ago. Is he on a missing site?

Quote Originally Posted by SweetDreamOfYou View Post
    I have always thought Lyle looked a lot like an old bf. That's what drew me to his case.
    The bf was Russian Jew from Minnesota. People always thought he was native American and was often asked what tribe he belonged to by Native people.
    I know what you are talking about, can they tell us if Lyle was circumcised or not? I tried looking for it in the other areas, but could not find that piece of information. Although anybody can do anything these days in regards ethnic customs, surely if he were Jewish or Muslim, he would have been circumcised, right? i know not 100 percent certainty, but typically.

Glad to see all the new posts, I took a break for awhile, but Im back reading in full force!

Quote Originally Posted by MargotKidder View Post
    I know what you are talking about, can they tell us if Lyle was circumcised or not? I tried looking for it in the other areas, but could not find that piece of information. Although anybody can do anything these days in regards ethnic customs, surely if he were Jewish or Muslim, he would have been circumcised, right? i know not 100 percent certainty, but typically.

Glad to see all the new posts, I took a break for awhile, but Im back reading in full force!
    He was circumcised. Nothing in tox to indicate he used drugs, and no indications in the motel room, in his clothing, or in his body that he was a smoker.
    Here: Lyle Stevik Part 3 (Continued) - Page 19 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 04-04-2015 at 01:28 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Page 5 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast