1212 users online (204 members and 1008 guests)  

Websleuths News

UK - British Disabled Couple Banned From Sex At Night

British Disabled Couple Banned From Sex At Night
    Updated: Wednesday, 17 Mar 2010, 7:37 AM MDT
    Published : Wednesday, 17 Mar 2010, 7:36 AM MDT

A British middle-aged couple who claim that sex and TV are their only luxuries are seeing at least one of those luxuries trimmed down by council chiefs.

The Scottish Sun reports that Alan and Fiona Hay claim council officials banned them from having sex between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. after a neighbor's child told a teacher about the noise.

snip

"We are not screamers either -- we cannot believe it. Sex normally only lasts around five or six minutes due to my condition so it's not as it we are at it all night."

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpps/new...100317_6609381

Wow, I'd be fighting that one. With every fiber of my being.

How, precisely, do they intend to prove it if they break that completely made up rule?
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

IMO instead of taking anyones word that these people are way to noisy, the powers that be should do a study where they record the sound level and see if there really is a problem. Then if they really are to loud, do something to soundproof their bedroom.

VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Bride View Post
    IMO instead of taking anyones word that these people are way to noisy, the powers that be should do a study where they record the sound level and see if there really is a problem. Then if they really are to loud, do something to soundproof their bedroom.

VB

that is exactly as noise is usually dealt with by councils here (had neighbors from hell a few years ago so I know that's true ) they take a few complaints, talk to the people, and then if there is no resolution they install noise detection software so presumably they went through all that before ordering this?

Wow! It would be incredibly humiliating to have the council officials dictating to me about my sex life.

However, if they really make no noise when they're having sex, then who's to know if they break this order?

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    Wow! It would be incredibly humiliating to have the council officials dictating to me about my sex life.

However, if they really make no noise when they're having sex, then who's to know if they break this order?
    Exactly - this just breaks my heart! I know about noisy neighbors - trust me. The walls between our apts were like paper. After a year, and the landlord doing nothing about it, we moved. We're now in a home with no neighbors, and it's pure bliss. I wonder if this couple could just move (if that's a possibility). I loved my apt., but my sanity was much more important!

MOO

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post

British Disabled Couple Banned From Sex At Night
    Updated: Wednesday, 17 Mar 2010, 7:37 AM MDT
    Published : Wednesday, 17 Mar 2010, 7:36 AM MDT

A British middle-aged couple who claim that sex and TV are their only luxuries are seeing at least one of those luxuries trimmed down by council chiefs.

The Scottish Sun reports that Alan and Fiona Hay claim council officials banned them from having sex between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. after a neighbor's child told a teacher about the noise.

snip

"We are not screamers either -- we cannot believe it. Sex normally only lasts around five or six minutes due to my condition so it's not as it we are at it all night."

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpps/new...100317_6609381
    God, how can he last that long!!!

Ummmm, I mean geez that's such a short time.