Australia - Girls Ordered to Spend Weekends with Sex Offender Father

A COURT has ordered two young girls to spend weekends with their sex offender father provided he puts a door on their bedroom they can lock.

Judge Robert Benjamin, in the Family Court's Hobart branch, ruled that the girls "need some protection from (their father), particularly at night".

However, the risk of sexual abuse was "diminished when they are awake and alert".

Judge Benjamin said that the father, who was convicted of downloading child *advertiser censored*, must have an "adult friend" stay with him when the girls stayed overnight.

He added that until the youngest turned 14, the girls must "share the same room so they can have the mutual support of one another".

More at link. Can this be for real?

this is a freaking joke right?

this is the most absurd thing i've ever heard of.....and given this guy dowloads kiddie *advertiser censored*, any 'adult' he has at the house is probably a pedo like he is.......grrrrrrrrrrrrr then he essentially puts two little girls saftey as there own responsibilty.....no you stupid moron..........yourthe judge, you make them safe by not putting them with this sicko :(

I hope it's a joke, will try to find more info.

Thud.

I would do time before I made my girls go.
No way no how.

Anytime your visitation order involves instructing a child on how to protect themselves from their pedophile father something is askew.

Molestation happens during the day, in other rooms, he could be filming them anywhere in the house. This judge should be yanked off the bench.

Would he send his granddaughter to a pedophiles house as long as she had a $4 home depot lock. Idiot.

and the quack that says he wont molest them cause there awake and fully clothed..........is everyone working in that coutroomm either a molester themselves or a crackhead?

The Family Court found the father had invited one of the girls into his bed, and had "demonstrated affection toward her in a way that was, in all the circumstances, inappropriate for a child of that age".

This makes as much sense as a judge saying you can put a toddler asleep in it's bed, only have the bed in the middle of a freeway, but say it will be safe as long as the toddler stays in the bed!

I really hope an expert child advocate gets involved here, it's just sickening that these 2 little girls should have to worry about this. Just the fact they'd have to be sure and lock a bedroom door because daddy could try to come in and do things will do so much damage.

We've all heard the horror stories about how clever people can be. Even if he has another adult there and there is a lock, heck it doesn't take a genius to see the adult can be given a sleep aid and a lock can be picked, or he'd go through a window and try and blame it on someone else. Or have hidden cameras set up so he could be watching them.
I feel so bad for the children and for their mother! What a nightmare!

VB

Okay, he shows the inapprorpriate tendencies with his own kids, he is convicted of having child *advertiser censored*. His wife does what a good mother does, and leaves him...and is then ordered to send her kids back there.

Great, not only are the kids going to be molested, there is little doubt that more women will just stay put, as if they draw this judge, the father could rape the kids on the courtroom floor and likely still get custody.

Just absolutely sickening.

ETA: I edited because impatientredhead beat me to it.

i mean the words coming out of the judges mouth sound like they are coming from a complete imbecile (no offense to imbeciles) how'd he get on a bench

A fathers' rights group has defended a Family Court's order that two young girls stay with their father, a registered sex offender.

The father, who cannot be identified, pleaded guilty in late 2006 to accessing child exploitation material and possessing and reproducing child abuse products.
"What we have here is a situation where there's no real allegation that the court has found against the father molesting his own children," he said. [ETA -- WTH -- he's produced CP - he's not dangerous if it was someone else's child??!! :furious: ]

"And we have to keep in mind that alienating children from parents is a very serious matter."

'Mockery'

But the case has drawn criticism from child protection advocate Hetty Johnston who runs the Bravehearts organisation.

She says it is an irrational decision to allow the father access.

"He's on the register because a judge, another judge, in a criminal court understood that that's where he should be," she said.

"He presented such a danger, potentially, that he needed to be on this register. That needs to be acknowledged and respected by the Family Court.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/03/15/2846242.htm

The Family Court found the father had invited one of the girls into his bed, and had "demonstrated affection toward her in a way that was, in all the circumstances, inappropriate for a child of that age".

From ohiogirls link.

I'm going to be sick.

And begs the question, what is the appropriate age for a sex offender father to invite his child into his bed for "demonstrated affection".

Do they tell battered women that their husbands only beat them when drunk so it is up to them to keep the alcohol out of reach? Puhlease

i guess the fact that his own daughter is scared of him means nothing to that 'father advocate".

im seriously having a hard time thinking this is real.....did we skip to april fools already?

Like someone said in the comments at the article, if a mother sent her children to spend the night with a sex offender that she knew was a sex offender, we would either lock her up, take her kids or at least call for her head on a platter.

This woman has to do it or she'll go to jail.

I don't care that it's not a U.S. case. It's setting precedent.

They need to have a law that judges would be held accountable for their actions. Like spending time in jail for facilitating a crime.

i guess the fact that his own daughter is scared of him means nothing to that 'father advocate".

im seriously having a hard time thinking this is real.....did we skip to april fools already?

And those kids are responsible for making sure the door's locked so daddy can't come in??????!!!!!!!!!!!!! :furious:

Unreal what this judge is putting onto them....if anything should happen, now it can be said it's their fault. :furious:

I just went through the sex offender registry for Australia, searched the location that this court is in, and filtered for people who pleaded guilty in that approximate time frame for possessing, accessing and duplicating this material, there is only one match. If it is the same person he is 32 and worked in an elementary school where he drilled holes in the bathroom and took images of the children while they were disrobing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back