Video of prior victim

concentric

Reaction score
[ame]http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2010/03/16/lkl.attack.story.cnn[/ame]
Does anyone have anything to say about this? I'm wondering why there wasn't more of a warning to women that an attacker was on the loose, etc.

Thanks for posting that interview. I didn't get a chance to see it. I think at the very least they should have posted signs at the park with his description.

I thought it was very telling that her instinct was that he was going to rape her. IMO LE should have considered the attack an attempted rape at the time based solely on that.

I want to know what else he said to her when she was struggling?! Sexual? Demeaning? Threatening?

It saddens me that even the victims that get away are deeply wounded and scarred emotionally for life. Something has to change. As a society we can't continue to allow these evil monsters to walk amongst our children and create such fear in women.

I think a law should be passed that notifications have to be placed at the enterence to each and every park/gathering place within a few hours of ANY crime occuring there.

So, the trails were busy and no one heard her scream apparently? No one helped her.

I'm surprised she was allowed to give the interview. Amber Dubois' parents have been quoted as saying they're under a gag order not to discuss the case and if that's correct it would seem that this victim would have also been included in the order.

So, the trails were busy and no one heard her scream apparently? No one helped her.

My experience is that there would have been more people closer to the lake than on the trail going back through Westwood. As with the attack on Chelsea it was a brazen attack in daylight where someone could have approached at any time. The proximity to homes in that area and areas like it had given me a (false) sense of security. I'm now more cognizant that people may not be home or their windows might be closed so it's no safer than the farthest reaches of the park.

They should pass a law requiring everyone to wear GPS bracelets, that way when a crime is committed they can punch in the time and location into a computer and immediately see who it was.

They should pass a law requiring everyone to wear GPS bracelets, that way when a crime is committed they can punch in the time and location into a computer and immediately see who it was.

Everyone? or criminals? It might deter some but our children will still end up raped and murdered. Some might say a fresh sample of DNA left on an article of clothing is as (if not more) accurate/compelling/damning than a GPS bracelet that could malfunction however criminals who want to rape and murder aren't too worried about that. I do agree that something drastic has to change for the safety of our children!

Everyone. It won't protect you, but if someone did something it would be snap to figure out who it was. Just need to give the state the ability to know where everyone is at any particular time ;).

I'm surprised she was allowed to give the interview. Amber Dubois' parents have been quoted as saying they're under a gag order not to discuss the case and if that's correct it would seem that this victim would have also been included in the order.

The gag order only applies to officers of the court and LE. The witnesses can say what they want when they want. Amber's parents are not witnesses anyway, so if they are saying that they are under the gag order, they don't understand what it is.

Everyone. It won't protect you, but if someone did something it would be snap to figure out who it was. Just need to give the state the ability to know where everyone is at any particular time ;).

Oh man I can't even imagine the ACLU fight on that program... It's a bit too Orwellian for my taste, but I would be in agreement with the rapists/molesters wearing them for life. The currently wear some sort of GPS device until the end of their parole, correct?

I saw this interview live, as I had seen a promo for the LKL programs just minutes before the start of the program. I was struck by how poised and self-confident CM was............she has a very out-going personality.

One thing she said that jumped out at me was that when she learned of Chelsea King's disappearance, she was very frightened. I can imagine that learning that another girl disappeared in the very same park where you were jogging just weeks before, and where you had been attacked and escaped, would be momentarily very frightening, realizing that you too could have disappeared.

I noted that CM said there were some things she couldn't discuss, so I suspect that she was advised by LE that there are certain aspects of the case they don't want made public right now as their investigation into JAG continues.

We are commenting on the Amber Dubois thread. Was LE staking out that area after Ms. Moncayo was attacked? If they were, why wasn't the attack on Chelsea prevented? If not, they should have.

Same goes with my feelings about a "well-populated trail" and the attacks. Why didn't anyone help them?

Sorry, but Chelsea is dead, and this could have been prevented.

IMO, women need to protect themselves on these jogging trails, because usually ain't no one going to help you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back