MO - Alexis, 7, Kelsey, 5, & Devin Watson, 4, die in house fire, 15 March 2010

Kathee

Reaction score
The site of an early morning house fire Monday (03-15-10) that left three children dead and left their grandfather clinging to life with critical injuries is now a crime scene.

David Williams, 26, the fiance of the mother of the three children killed in the blaze, was charged Wendsday with first-degree arson with injury or death.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2010/03/site-of-deadly-house-fire-is-now-crime.html

I read about this earlier today....the firemen had to have counseling it affected them so much....they were really torn up that they couldn't save these beautiful kids.

I'll see if I can find the link.

BRB.

ETA:

Administrators realize firefighters are professionals but are also human. They need a way to grieve loss, just like relatives and friends.
Despite their efforts, three of the four people whom they rescued that day died; all three are children. That would be tough on anyone, especially people who are dedicated to saving lives.

"We know we gave every effort we could. We worked hard; we did everything we could. We're professionals. We move on and continue our service to the community," said Latimer

"It's hard when you have a very macho personnel. We can do this, and they put a shell on the outside. But what you find is they do open up. It concerns us when they don't," said Chief David Hall.

Peer counselors have already talked to all the firefighters from the scene. Those with children the same age as the victims will get special attention. The service doesn't want to see any more victims after this tragedy.

"Over time, after the call is over, you start thinking, firefighters can think about that. So, we can be proactive about that," said Hall

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/88245102.html

Prayers for all the families affected.

The site of an early morning house fire Monday (03-15-10) that left three children dead and left their grandfather clinging to life with critical injuries is now a crime scene.

David Williams, 26, the fiance of the mother of the three children killed in the blaze, was charged Wendsday with first-degree arson with injury or death.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2010/03/site-of-deadly-house-fire-is-now-crime.html

According to that link you provided, Williams is a registered sex offender. How was he allowed to live in that house with 3 small children? This mother needs to answer some questions. jmo

well lookes like he graduated from sex offender to mass murderer :(

In the article, it mentions that the accused is a RSO, so the mother moves him into a home with her 3 young children after he gets out of prison? :banghead: :furious:
and now she is standing by him... I am just so very sick and tired of this, time after time.

VB

In the article, it mentions that the accused is a RSO, so the mother moves him into a home with her 3 young children after he gets out of prison? :banghead: :furious:
and now she is standing by him... I am just so very sick and tired of this, time after time. VB

She SHOULD BE CHARGED WITH SAME CHARGES HE GETS!!!

He burnt her children to death but he was the best father they ever knew.:furious::furious::furious::furious:

I was not coming on this thread tonight now I wished I did not.This is just heartbreaking ! How can a mother protect a man who did this HOW! I will never understand these women.Mothers who endanger their children should go to jail,She will just pop out more and put more babies in danger.:furious::furious:

Violet Watson issued a statement late Tuesday, "Nobody know what I am going through.:furious: I am the that just lost three children:furious:. Funeral services for the children well be held on Monday March 22nd at 2 p.m. at Klinger-Cope Funeral Home.
:furious:Watson is standing by her fiance :furious:saying that Williams would never hurt her children and that he was the best father they ever knew.:furious::furious::furious::furious:

I live just 22 miles from this crime. I watched the mom twice on the local news today and there were NO TEARS..... dammit, I asked my husband if he thought she was telling the truth and of course he said she was upset about her children. SHe looked like Susan Smith to me and there were no REAL tears and she just did not look grief stricken to me and how can she defend a man that probably killed her children.
I bet he probably did something to those children and covered it up this way.... OMG how can this continue to happen and HOW CAN ONLY HIM AND HER GET OUT OF THAT HOUSE> something is VERy WRONG and Springfield police will find out what happened.

if he was the best father they knew, god shudders at who the worst might be.......

Williams is, IMO, a lyin' ....he claims he went into the house to try to save the kids-- but police said he didn't smell like smoke, had no singed hair, no soot etc on him...a K9 smelled accelerant on his jeans....K9 also detected accelerant on the porch, front door/entry way, & the living room.

Here's a link to the probable cause doc -- http://images.bimedia.net/documents/arson+probable+cause+statement.pdf

Here's another link to article Investigators don't believe mother's fiancé tried to save children from fire

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/88256002.html

There's link to interviews w/ Violet-- http://www.ky3.com/home/video/88307647.html -- how could she support a kid-killer?? :furious:

ITA w/ Bathbuddys....this scum probably did something to those one or all of those kids & didn't wanna go to jail over it.

Charge dropped in arson that left 3 children dead

Friday, April 23, 2010 at 12:56 p.m.

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP) -- An arson charge has been dropped against a southwest Missouri man in a fire that killed three children.

Williams was charged after a fire investigation dog indicated accelerant on his jeans and in three places in the home.

But Greene County authorities say laboratory tests found no trace of an accelerant.

The prosecutor's office says the case is dismissed pending further investigation.

more here

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=447786

oh great. so the forensics people screwed up one way or another.

You have got to be kidding me. The mother alone is causing my hinky-meter to go crazy. It doesn't sound like they have completely dropped it yet, just looking for more evidence. There is something very wrong with the mother here. If she wasn't involved, I will eat my hat.

personally i think the guy is scum, and the mother is an idiot.

but the forensic labs have messed this up by having contradictory evidence (or lack there of evidence) and now we will probably never know the real truth.

March 2012:

For more than a year, Springfield fire officials said arson was the cause of a 2010 house fire that claimed the lives of three children. Today, they aren’t so sure.

After receiving new information, Fire Chief David Hall said investigators re-evaluated the cause of the fire on Olive Street and have concluded that the cause cannot be determined.

Hall said the status was changed in April 2011 after the fire department received a report from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives which could not rule out a television as a potential cause of an accidental electrical fire.

http://archive.news-leader.com/article/20120315/NEWS01/303150044/

January 2014:

The mother of three children who died in a house fire in Springfield nearly four years ago says she took a lie detector test on Friday to try to clear her name. The cause of the fire at the home at 1711 Olive St. remains undetermined, and the case is still open to investigation...

Every day is a struggle for Watson. She said she questions why a fire killed her three children at their home in March 2010.

"The longer it's left open, the longer I don't get the closure that I need," she said.

Fire Department officials said Friday that the case is still open, and the cause remains undetermined.
Police are still investigating as well. Friday morning, Watson said, she voluntarily submitted to a lie detector test with investigators.

"I took a polygraph test, and I passed it. I proved to them that I would never hurt my kids ever," she said through tears.

Investigators will not say if they have any suspects or persons of interest in the deaths of Alexis, 7; Kelsey, 5; and Devin, 4...

Springfield police would not confirm the results of the polygraph, citing it as part of an ongoing investigation.

Last March, Watson and the father of the children sued the owners of the home on Olive Street, Richard and Nancy Preffitt, for damages for wrongful death. Online court files show they obtained a $300,000 settlement in that lawsuit, with $100,000 going to her attorneys, about $11,000 going to satisfy a Medicaid lien, $7,500 going to father Kevin Parker, and about $181,500 going to Watson.

http://m.ky3.com/mother-of-children...ctor-test-to-clear-her-name/21050392_23871764

The lawsuit says the Preffitts “owed a duty” to Watson and her children to lease them a residence that was safe and without defects, and the landlords neglected to inspect and repair the residence prior to leasing to Watson.

The house had “faulty wiring” and failed to have the appropriate number of smoke detectors and/or failed to have functioning smoke detectors in the residence, the documents said.

“The Preffitts knew, or by exercise of the highest degree of care, could and should have known that there was a reasonable likelihood of a fire had the Preffitts maintained, inspected, and/or repaired the residence prior to leasing same to (Watson) and her children, but that the Preffitts negligently failed to do so,” the documents said.

http://archive.news-leader.com/arti...03150127/lawsuit-filed-triple-fatal-fire-2010

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back