1165 users online (246 members and 919 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 108
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    9,462

    Caylee's Teddy Bear

    Background:
    We are currently discussing, on another thread, the possibility of Casey returning to the remain’s site in the early morning hours of July 2. We are studying the days surrounding this event for any insight into Casey’s thought processes and mind set. On July 3rd, Casey got the La Bella Vita tattoo and afterwards made a trip back to the house to get Caylee’s teddy bear and other items while Cindy was sent on a wild goose chase trip to Universal.


    Page 68

    http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0730/20224513.pdf

    There are many questions surrounding this bear:

    1) Did Casey need comforting after her visit to the remains site and the bear was a source to soothe her after seeing the condition of the remains?
    2) Did she visit the remain’s site because she missed Caylee, as others visit the grave site of a loved one, and the bear was taken as a keepsake?
    3) Was Casey stealing the bear away from Cindy, vindictively, because she knew Cindy used it as a source of comfort when missing Caylee?
    4) How did the bear get back to the Anthony’s?
    5) Was this the same bear sent to the psychic?
    6) Was this the same bear used in the memorial?


    These mysteries and others regarding Caylee’s bear are the subject of this thread…

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,752
    for those that are interested in the July 2 timeline and return to the remains site discussion it is here:

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97876"]Casey returned to the disposal site - theories - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    the Plains & Jordan-Hare stadium
    Posts
    17,926
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    for those that are interested in the July 2 timeline and return to the remains site discussion it is here:

    Casey returned to the disposal site - theories - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Thanks! I just read the part of CA's interview Harmony linked. I came here to ask for the prior thread so I can keep it in context.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,752
    Quote Originally Posted by beach2yall View Post
    Thanks! I just read the part of CA's interview Harmony linked. I came here to ask for the prior thread so I can keep it in context.
    No worries. This will also help to keep this thread to the teddy bear discussion and not the July 2 discussion.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2 View Post
    Background:
    We are currently discussing, on another thread, the possibility of Casey returning to the remain’s site in the early morning hours of July 2. We are studying the days surrounding this event for any insight into Casey’s thought processes and mind set. On July 3rd, Casey got the La Bella Vita tattoo and afterwards made a trip back to the house to get Caylee’s teddy bear and other items while Cindy was sent on a wild goose chase trip to Universal.


    Page 68

    http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0730/20224513.pdf

    There are many questions surrounding this bear:

    1) Did Casey need comforting after her visit to the remains site and the bear was a source to soothe her after seeing the condition of the remains?
    2) Did she visit the remain’s site because she missed Caylee, as others visit the grave site of a loved one, and the bear was taken as a keepsake?
    3) Was Casey stealing the bear away from Cindy, vindictively, because she knew Cindy used it as a source of comfort when missing Caylee?
    4) How did the bear get back to the Anthony’s?
    5) Was this the same bear sent to the psychic?
    6) Was this the same bear used in the memorial?


    These mysteries and others regarding Caylee’s bear are the subject of this thread…
    I can't imagine Casey needing any kind of emotional comfort from visiting Caylee. If she was at that point, I can't see how she'd be out partying and sleeping around and all of that. Just my opinion

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,873
    Big TY for the thread, Harmony. Great frame up too!

    OK...we could use some help from sleuthers that have poured over all the pics. Appreciate anyone that can find pics of candidate bear(s) to this thread. Like to see if we're dealing w/ the mama-doll syndrome where there were more than one. If pics of bears w/ Caylee exist, perhaps we'll be able to tell vs. pics @ the memorial if they match.

    I'm coming late to the party that the bear was noted missing by Cindy when she returned from Universal. Now I understand that helped to send her ballistic when she realized she been duped. Can also see how retrieving something Caylee might have been wanting would make it appear to Cindy that this was really just a game of keep-away. Infuriating.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,752
    here is an old teddy bear picture from another thread. I think this is a bear that CA and KC carried around after KC's arrest? Not sure of the relation.

    Last edited by JBean; 03-17-2010 at 08:54 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    9,462
    This is the bear from the memorial:


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    9,462
    "Casey didn't want to come in (her bedroom) at first because this is where she and Caylee spent most of their time," Cindy Anthony said. "We got an air mattress and she wanted to stay in our room -- and we have a big enough bedroom that she had a big enough space -- for the whole first week."

    Casey Anthony's bedroom is covered with pictures of Caylee, from ultrasound images to her birth and several pictures of them together.

    "It became more comforting for her to be here. She'd sleep with (her) Teddy (bear). And it was hard. Very, very hard," Cindy Anthony said.
    http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18025611/detail.html

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    the Plains & Jordan-Hare stadium
    Posts
    17,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Horace Finklestein View Post
    I can't imagine Casey needing any kind of emotional comfort from visiting Caylee. If she was at that point, I can't see how she'd be out partying and sleeping around and all of that. Just my opinion
    I hear ya, Horace.

    For whatever reason, I can see it as a possibility. Granted, if it was for 'emotional comfort', it was for selfish reasons. I don't think it was motivated by feelings of guilt. After reading the thread Jbean linked, I think Casey started freaking out because she knew the game clock ticking down the final seconds. She had to think fast! HTH was she going to cover all this up?! Think, KC, think! I think her mind was spinning! Even for the most experienced liar, this was quite the ultimate challenge.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    the Plains & Jordan-Hare stadium
    Posts
    17,926
    Jbean's bear and Harmony's bear are 2 different bears, correct?

    Which one is Caylee's 'Teddy'?

    And when is the first time CA mentions that she slept with Teddy? It was before she KNEW Caylee was missing, right?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Middle Florida
    Posts
    109
    Maybe she was going to leave the bear and then rethought it as "futher evidence"...perhaps she had stickers with her that day as well?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    43
    I think she went back for the bear just to keep up appearances. Just to show everyone that she was getting something for Caylee...Almost as to say "look everyone, everything is normal, I had to get Caylee's bear because she has been asking for it" But in reality I don't believe she wanted the bear for any sentimental reasons...It was simply Casey covering her butt...But that's just what I think.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    the Plains & Jordan-Hare stadium
    Posts
    17,926
    Quote Originally Posted by beach2yall View Post
    Jbean's bear and Harmony's bear are 2 different bears, correct?

    Which one is Caylee's 'Teddy'?

    And when is the first time CA mentions that she slept with Teddy? It was before she KNEW Caylee was missing, right?
    Sorry to quote myself but I re-read and obviously skimmed over some important points. We don't know exactly which, if either, is Teddy.


    My point in re. CA sleeping with Teddy - I recall her saying that because it made her feel close to Caylee. IIRC, this was during the 31 day time frame. Then she comes home on 7/2 and notices Teddy is missing. I am wondering how long it took her to notice that. Then, Harmony links the portion when KC is back home after being bailed out by LP. CA states that KC was comforted by sleeping with Teddy. So, Teddy mysteriously vanishes () from the A's then, even more mysteriously reappears.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In the sweet Carolina pines
    Posts
    3,724
    Last edited by 3doglady; 03-17-2010 at 09:33 PM. Reason: I think the animal caylee is holding is a rabbit. There is a bear next to her.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Everybody needs the comfort of a Teddy Bear once in a while.
    By Steely Dan in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: 12-03-2012, 04:01 PM
  2. Build-A-Bear Teddy Bear recall
    By believe09 in forum Food, Drug & Product Recalls National & International
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-29-2011, 01:20 PM
  3. the teddy bear
    By CourtScribe in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 03:18 AM
  4. White Teddy Bear
    By Zelda in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-18-2006, 07:29 PM

Tags for this Thread