OH OH - ANTHONY KIRKLAND, Cincinnati, 2006-09 *Convicted*

Inch High PI

Reaction score
I am local but just saw this story this evening-I have not had the news on at all today. My heart just breaks for this poor child and her family. I hope they are right about the POI and that justice is swift.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090308/NEWS01/303080018

My only question is why they waited until they found this suspicious person to issue the Amber Alert.

May you rest in Peace Esme.

What a sad ending. I saw this come up yesterday and thought it was amazing that it was in the media so fast. Unfortunately not fast enough. I feel so bad for her parents and family.

Heartbreaking story. My prayers are with Esme's family and friends.

Rest in Peace Esme

Salem

She was such a pretty little girl who just sparkled with personality. What a shame for this to have happened. Her family is living the worst nightmare of their lives and it won't end for a while. They still have a service to get through and then everything that goes with a trial unless the monster pleds guilty. A trial is no doubt a year or so away if he doesn't pled guilty. My heart goes out to this family and the loss they have suffered.

I wish that everyone who goes jogging would understand that they should never go alone. Take someone with you and don't wear headphones while you jog. Someone can grab you and you won't even hear them coming with head phones on. It isn't safe to jog or walk alone these days. Just think of all of the people of all ages who have been murdered while jogging or walking alone. I wish I could scream it from the mountain tops.

Just pathetic. I think cities that have not properly handled repeated violent/sexual affenders correctly should start being held accountable in a large way somehow. You don't even know how many victims there are with people like this.

I am confused :waitasec:
when did this happen that they found the perp so fast.
Great police work to a very sad ending.

I agree with the poster that said DO NOT JOG ALONE!

RIP pretty little angel.

I am confused :waitasec:
when did this happen that they found the perp so fast.
Great police work to a very sad ending.

I agree with the poster that said DO NOT JOG ALONE!

RIP pretty little angel.

I think that LE found him in the woods while they were looking for her. They held on to him until they found her there and the rest is history. What a stroke of luck. He must not be to bright to hang out there in the woods like he was waiting for LE to come get him! Glad the family has some answers though even though it won't bring this little girl back.

I'm still so angry and sad this morning. I tossed and turned all night thinking about Esme and her family. What a bright light this girl was. I hear her teachers talking on the news about her this morning- she was definitely a special child. So talented and with so much promise. A real loving spirit. My heart just breaks for her family- I can not imagine what they must be going through.

This guy had a long rap sheet. If only he had been caught sooner and KEPT in jail. This is so senseless. It's an outrage! I'm hoping for the DP here. I heard on the news last night that he had not kept LE informed of where he was, as he's required to do as a sex offender. There's a shocker! HOW does this keep happening? How do these vermin keep scattering and hiding? :banghead: Thank God he was stupid enough to hang out in the woods Sat night and was caught. Thank God Esme's family did not have to suffer months or years of wondering where she was.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/stor...Gifted-7th-Grader/4UrpIht_z0q6zNccs3txWQ.cspx

Kirkland is a registered sex offender who had a warrant for his arrest for threatening a woman with steak knives on Thursday, March 5.

He was also a suspect in an Avondale scissor stabbing last weekend.

Back in 2007, Kirkland was found guilty of putting a knife to the neck of an 18-month-old child, and that same year he was accused of exposing himself to a 13-year-old girl.

Esme, you and your family and friends will be in my thoughts today.

I'm sorry- I hate to keep posting to my own thread but this story just keeps getting worse. This guy should never have been walking the streets. Someone, his family-someone knew that he was dangerous and wanted and they stood by and did nothing. They could have saved this little girl. They did nothing.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090309/NEWS0107/303090007

Prisons records show Kirkland was sentenced in 1987 to spend seven to 25 years in prison on charges of voluntary manslaughter and aggravated arson.

Kirkland, who was 18 at the time, was charged with murder and arson for assaulting Leola Douglas, dousing her with lighter fluid and setting fire to her.

Douglas apparently was alive when Kirkland set the fire and her severely burned body was found at the top of some stairs leading into Kirkland’s house in Walnut Hills.

Police said Kirkland confessed to the 1987 crime shortly after his arrest. His lawyer at the time said Kirkland and Douglas argued after she threatened to expose an affair Kirkland was having with a married woman.

He served 16 years and was released on parole Sept. 3, 2003.

The following October he was released from probation, having committed no new crimes.

Three months later he was accused of breaking into a woman’s home and raping her. He was acquitted of that charge.

Most recently, he was on parole for soliciting a 13-year-old girl for sex in 2007, and ordered to live at Volunteers of America. He was ordered to leave that facility on Feb. 27, after he was caught fighting with an inmate, a prison spokeswoman said.

When his parole officer was notified the following Monday, parole officers began looking for Kirkland, who is required to register his address every year – or if he moves – with the sheriff’s office in the county where he lives, the spokeswoman said.

The search lasted through the week, with the Southern Ohio Fugitive Apprehension Strike Team joining the search on Thursday.

By then, he had already begun a string of crimes, court records show.

Kirkland is accused of breaking into a man’s home and repeatedly stabbing him with scissors on March 1, before the hunt began. Then five days later, he is accused of threatening the mother of his child with a knife, a violation of a protection order put in place in 2007.

Kirkland also was convicted of two counts of unlawful restraint in 2007. Since 2005, he has been charged with but acquitted of public indecency, inducing panic, endangering children, rape and aggravated burglary.

Hi PI. I am local too and I am outraged by what I have learned about this monster today. Obviously LE knew how dangerous he was. They had been searching for him for a week. I watch the news throughout the day, everyday, and I saw no warning for the public or a plea to be on the lookout for him. It may not have changed things, but heck, I would like a heads up when someone like this is roaming my streets!

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090309/NEWS0107/303090007

Prisons records show Kirkland was sentenced in 1987 to spend seven to 25 years in prison on charges of voluntary manslaughter and aggravated arson.

Kirkland, who was 18 at the time, was charged with murder and arson for assaulting Leola Douglas, dousing her with lighter fluid and setting fire to her.

Douglas apparently was alive when Kirkland set the fire and her severely burned body was found at the top of some stairs leading into Kirkland’s house in Walnut Hills.

Police said Kirkland confessed to the 1987 crime shortly after his arrest. His lawyer at the time said Kirkland and Douglas argued after she threatened to expose an affair Kirkland was having with a married woman.

He served 16 years and was released on parole Sept. 3, 2003.

The following October he was released from probation, having committed no new crimes.

Three months later he was accused of breaking into a woman’s home and raping her. He was acquitted of that charge.

Most recently, he was on parole for soliciting a 13-year-old girl for sex in 2007, and ordered to live at Volunteers of America. He was ordered to leave that facility on Feb. 27, after he was caught fighting with an inmate, a prison spokeswoman said.

When his parole officer was notified the following Monday, parole officers began looking for Kirkland, who is required to register his address every year – or if he moves – with the sheriff’s office in the county where he lives, the spokeswoman said.

The search lasted through the week, with the Southern Ohio Fugitive Apprehension Strike Team joining the search on Thursday.

By then, he had already begun a string of crimes, court records show.

Kirkland is accused of breaking into a man’s home and repeatedly stabbing him with scissors on March 1, before the hunt began. Then five days later, he is accused of threatening the mother of his child with a knife, a violation of a protection order put in place in 2007.

Kirkland also was convicted of two counts of unlawful restraint in 2007. Since 2005, he has been charged with but acquitted of public indecency, inducing panic, endangering children, rape and aggravated burglary.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,,>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Why was this man out of jail? Why was he not incarcerated when he first began his most recent crime wave?

An what is this Volunteers of America where he was SUPPOSED to be residing but had been evicted for fighting with 'another inmate?'

http://www.careerbuilder.com/Jobs/C..._us_g_volumteers_of_america_&cbRecursionCnt=1

Volunteers of America is a national, nonprofit, faith-based organization dedicated to helping those in need rebuild their lives and reach their full potential. Through hundreds of human service programs, including housing and healthcare, Volunteers of America helps over 2 million people in over 400 communities

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This organization is all over the country. Do the cities and people around where this organization is housed, know that some of their 'volunteers' are SEX OFFENDERS?????

Maybe people should ALERT the cities and citizens where this volunteer organization is located throughout the country.

JMHO
fran

Once again the sytem has failed miserably. How many dead & tourtured kids is it going to take before our legislators grow some b**** and start enacting some real laws that actually protect our society? We need to eliminate parole for murder and all sex crimes. These monsters do not rehabilitate because they do not care. Appearently neither does the system nor the legislators.

How can we as citizens take action?

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/stor...r-Unsolved-Deaths/hDOiodacwk22CkX1wPib1A.cspx

Anthony Kirkland may be responsible for at least 2 other unsolved murders in the Cincinnati area. Poor Esme was found burned in the woods, and these 2 murder victims from 2006 were also burned and located within 3 blocks of his ex-girlfriend's home! What a monster.

"Police say they believe the man charged with the weekend murder of a teenage girl, may be the suspect they've been searching for the past two years after two other similar murders in Avondale."
he similarity between this case and the murder from 1987 has police looking at Kirkland as a suspect now in two unsolved murder cases from 2006."

"Fourteen-year-old Casanya Crawford, whose burned body was found in May of 2006, and then weeks later, another burned female.

The body of Mary Jo Newton was also found in Avondale, not far from Kirkland's ex-girlfriend's house.

Those two gruesome murder cases have haunted officers.

They remained unsolved for more than two years, but now they may have finally found their man. Unfortunately, not before another life was taken."

:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

WHY??? There is NO REASON for this pieace of garbage to have been out of prison. Another one gets through the systems cracks. I bet O'Reilly would like to report on this one. He really goes after the system when it fails and it fails our children. I personally would hold the judge responsible or whomever granted the parole.

God Bless Esme and her family.

And may our laws change to public lynchings of those that murder our children.

That link is not going to work, so try this:

Go to the main page: http://www.courtclerk.org/
Rollover the "Court Records" tab and "Search by Name"
Then simply enter his name and his public records will pop up.

I'm still in the process of sorting through them (the site is pretty slow), but the list seems to be fairly long (obviously).

I posted this on another thread, I just wanted to post it here also.

I haven't logged in in over a year, but was very moved by this story for many reasons. I live about 15 mins. from where this crime happened, and unfortunately this :furious: is a distant cousin of mine. The authorities here believe he may also be responsibe for the deaths of Mary Jo Newton (45y.o. wf) and Casonya Crawford (14y.o. bf) who were found burned beyond recognition in 2006. I at that time lived about 5 mins from those crime scenes and have a daughter who was the same age as Casonya at the time. Also, if he had served the full 25 years for killing Leola Hughes in 1987, he would STILL BE IN JAIL!:furious: All of these children/women were set on fire, and he should be too:furious:

Here's a couple links
http://www.wlwt.com/news/18879648/detail.html
http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story...kX1wPib1A.cspx
http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story/I-Team-Is-Kirkland-A-Serial-Killer/-SB7rAloQ0alaDZhWG0O2g.cspx

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back