Page 30 of 54 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010.03.18 KC's indigency hearing #1

JS said he was going to give him 5 days initially & said he might give him 15 or even 150 days if he deems it necessary after motions are filed. JB said something like "That would be nice" but eventually the judge agreed to give him 15 days to look over the letters & file any motions he wants filed. Who knows when we'll actually get the info but I hope it is soon! I am impatient!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robyn623 For This Useful Post:

I have NEVER heard of any kind of "fee" hearing or indigency hearing has been held where an exact account of the money has not been submitted. This is ridiculous. $345,000 and JB only puts forth $89,000 plus $22,500 for AL. WTF is that about?

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to TotallyObsessed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLaughLuv View Post
    I'm not understanding something..

If Inmate Anthony received $275,000 (per TruTV..I thought I heard only 205,000) there's some money unaccounted for..at least $100,000 unaccounted for...where is it?

I agree with the concerns of "future" monies coming in..I don't trust them at all!
    IMO it seems like JS, the SA and the JAC all didn't seem to buy that there were not any other deals in the works.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cher352 For This Useful Post:

Just thought of something..

Inmate Anthony is on probation, 1 year...there is to be no contact with other felons...I wonder if she has violated her probation?? I mean she's in prison but would writting to another inmate violate her probation conditions??

8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to LiveLaughLuv For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by magic-cat View Post
    what is the secret info?
    who wrote letters, casey?
    Yeah, what she said! lol

Letters? By whom and to whom???
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere!" MLK, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Brassband View Post
    KC's probably mad because mommy and daddy are taking cruises and not paying her attorneys.
    end of hearing CA strains to catch KC's eye "Hi Honey! Look at my new face that Caylee got for me!"

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to affinity For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLaughLuv View Post
    I'm not understanding something..

If Inmate Anthony received $275,000 (per TruTV..I thought I heard only 205,000) there's some money unaccounted for..at least $100,000 unaccounted for...where is it?

I agree with the concerns of "future" monies coming in..I don't trust them at all!
    Thats what I thought as this ended - about $100G unaccounted for, and they never really got to the bottom of it.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to QB. For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
    Okay, someone help me here - is the secret info that unsealed motion that RH was talking about or is it the delayed evidence from SA? I am very confused right now.
    The secret info are letters Casey wrote to someone she befriended in jail. Can't wait to read those letters!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Robyn623 For This Useful Post:

TruTV keeps on showing Casey rubbing her hands together with a big smile on her face, like she just had yummy, yummy food put before her...

I really wasn't mad about all of this for a while, I thought the judge would finally take the defense to task...but I see now that this circus has just gotten started. Unreal.

All of this really has nothing to do with Caylee. All of this is about Casey. She has all the rights. If someone was innocent, I would be glad our system is like this...but with an obvious guilty person...the process makes a mockery of itself.

Why doesn't this judge DO something? It's like he has no control of his courtroom. Some say he is giving leeway so Casey gets a fair trial. If that is true, fine but right now all I can see is stalling.

...jmo...
    Blessings to the children of the world~May peace be yours.

Regardless of warnings the future doesn't scare me at all. Nothings like before. ~Utada Hikaru

If you lose one you greatly love, take comfort...

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chiquita71 For This Useful Post:

So, the headlines today are covering the new defense atty, not the money made off of Caylee.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Searchfortruth For This Useful Post:

Okay this is very interesting to me. At the last, when JS gives the defense 5 days to submit a motion to ask the court if they can continue to withhold this new discovery from the public, Mason says "we suspect there is privileged communication involved" or something to that effect.

The only privileged relationship I can think of regarding the defense would be DC. So that leads me to believe this is not about the sisters and their claims at all (which would have little bearing on the case ultimately to begin with). This makes me think that DC has come forward and flipped and JB now has something else to do besides dummying up records.

I think it was also interesting that we found out the total received by the defense so far is $275K and that, other than AL's $22K+ in expenses, JB can't account for anything. The fact that all the attorneys are supposedly working pro bono, but JB has managed to squander $250K without any documentation is very enlightening. It's not good form to declare your client indigent if you have pocketed $250K for your own fees and otherwise have no itemized accounting for how it was spent on the CASE.
    "Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices" - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn623 View Post
    JS said he was going to give him 5 days initially & said he might give him 15 or even 150 days if he deems it necessary after motions are filed. JB said something like "That would be nice" but eventually the judge agreed to give him 15 days to look over the letters & file any motions he wants filed. Who knows when we'll actually get the info but I hope it is soon! I am impatient!
    Didn't JS give the SA 5 days to get them to Baez so we could be looking at 20 days before we get them?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Cher352 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by doogiesgirl View Post
    I just came on so if this has been addressed....sorry.

I do not understand why JSS is not asking where the rest of the money is. Didn't they say there was a total of $275,000 and JB has been paid 89,000+, AL has gotten 22,000+, ok.....WHERE IS THE REST OF THE MONEY!!!!????? I am steamed.

moo
    Well, we know they didn't spend a few measley bucks to pick up requested papers awhile back.

Did they add in the money for paying back AH?
    100 years from now, it won't matter what kind of car you drove or how big your house was. What will matter is that you were important in the eyes of a child.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to YellowSubmarine For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sleutherontheside View Post
    I suspect a drive by JB's office at 3AM for the next few days will show lights on and feverish Quickbooks entries being made. JMO
    Yeah, if I'm Judge S., I want to see actual cashed/deposited checks.

26. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Just Jayla For This Useful Post:

what ever happened to just a plain lawyer, why all the dream team.........
    other murderers just have the good ole lawyers from their city.

secret service?? and fish and wild life did an autopsy..........come on now!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ZsaZsa View Post
    SA asking 'Have your investigators been paid'... lots of shifting in position from JB on that one and hesitation..
    Only half way through this thread. JB was veyr hesitant about this question - if D. Casey has not been paid - does that negate the work product confidentiality?
    Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad.
    Euripides

30. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Macushla For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyObsessed View Post
    I have NEVER heard of any kind of "fee" hearing or indigency hearing has been held where an exact account of the money has not been submitted. This is ridiculous. $345,000 and JB only puts forth $89,000 plus $22,500 for AL. WTF is that about?
    It was 275,000

200,000 from ABC
    5,000 from someone who wanted to be a donor
    70,000 from one of the defense attorneys, I am unclear which one he is exactly

ABC provided $200,000.00 to
    Casey Anthonys defense!
    The MURDERED should not be USED to pay for the MURDERERS DEFENSE!

American Tragedy: The defense of Casey Anthony.

Juror No. 11 somehow made the journey from Casey is the one on trial to George may be a murderer, based on how George acted on the stand? 3 years of evidence against Casey and he throws George under the bus. Makes sense?
    What evidence indicated that George might be a murderer? Anyone?
    Weren't they to ONLY consider EVIDENCE?
    This NOT GUILTY verdict throws Caylee right back into the swamp she decomposed in. Thanks to this "impartial" jury.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magic-cat For This Useful Post:

I didn't imagine the "pro bono"

"The lawyers are appearing pro bono, so therefore, it's nobody's business about what we're doing and not doing," Mason said

http://www.wesh.com/news/22874392/detail.html

Sooo - how is it pro bono if they are getting paid?
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:

I love JS today! He did not take an crap from the new attorney and made JB say how much and where the money came from. When the defense went behind closed doors for their little meeting I think their plan they came up with backfired on them. I dont think they expected JS to let the SA cross examine them to where they had to spill the beans about the money trail. Now I see lots of hours of trying to fix some Quickbook records in JBs future. I bet the SA will double check every item they list on their expense records to make sure they really were paid.

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to truckengirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    what ever happened to just a plain lawyer, why all the dream team.........
    other murderers just have the good ole lawyers from their city.

secret service?? and fish and wild life did an autopsy..........come on now!
    The wildlife was on the snake.

ABC provided $200,000.00 to
    Casey Anthonys defense!
    The MURDERED should not be USED to pay for the MURDERERS DEFENSE!

American Tragedy: The defense of Casey Anthony.

Juror No. 11 somehow made the journey from Casey is the one on trial to George may be a murderer, based on how George acted on the stand? 3 years of evidence against Casey and he throws George under the bus. Makes sense?
    What evidence indicated that George might be a murderer? Anyone?
    Weren't they to ONLY consider EVIDENCE?
    This NOT GUILTY verdict throws Caylee right back into the swamp she decomposed in. Thanks to this "impartial" jury.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magic-cat For This Useful Post:

And IMHO this new attorney, though respected he might be, thinks his "good ole boy" way will win the court over.....NOT. He better have substantial smarts to handle this circus. AND he better be prepared to give up the rest of his law practice because this doozie will take every penny he had, plus to keep it going. I'll be AL is thinking "KC should have just pled" ....she still could....and save a whole hell of a lot of money and time. She is guilty, she will be found guilty, they have no defense....so to what end are they going to spend all of this time and money???????

40. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to TotallyObsessed For This Useful Post:

You all know that Casey likes any attention she can get from men. I'm thinking some Federal Inmate thought she was kinda cute... and what the hay... he's in there for murder too... so he can't judge her for murdering her daughter?

I wonder if it is Charles Manson? He said he wanted to marry Casey? I think it was Charles Manson.

It could be Orlando's Finest... Or our guy who likes Virginia?

But, I could see Casey writing the opposite sex. Bet her parents are upset that she writes an inmate in Federal Prison and not them... lol

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LolaMoon08 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cher352 View Post
    Didn't JS give the SA 5 days to get them to Baez so we could be looking at 20 days before we get them?
    He did and then JB asked for the usual 15 and the judge gave it to him.
    I suspect this will be delayed delayed delayed. But at least we know a little bit what its about.

Watching this gongshow at court today was beyond any words I could ever attempt to come up with. WHO comes to court without EVIDENCE or RECORDS????!!!!!! OMG what a joke! Someone should offer their speech pathology services to Jose for starters.... This was entirely laughable and I have to say that the defense as a whole is going to go to pieces at trial. Can't wait )

45. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tasylshari For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Searchfortruth View Post
    This Cheney guy reminds me of another older lawyer in the OJ trial...
    F. Lee Bailey maybe ???? Both are of the type that is pretty full of themselves. OJ was the curse on all of his defense team just as KC is!

JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS

47. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to travelgal For This Useful Post:

Page 30 of 54 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast