1102 users online (238 members and 864 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Was Jose Baez retained by Casey on June 17, 2008?

Did I hear correctly?

Was Jose Baez retained on June 17 2008?

I believe Jose gave this date in his testimony I haven't seen a thread on this and if true then this in my opinion is huge.

Remember the blog by Richard Hornsby about the date when Jose Baez was retained.

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2009/...n-record-time/

Snipped:

But if it could be proven that Casey Anthony contacted Jose Baez prior to it being discovered that Caylee was missing; it would be the biggest bombshell in the entire case.

Because it would show beyond all doubt that Casey Anthony had a guilty conscience and sought out a criminal defense attorney for preemptive advice.

But then again, that is just my conspiracy theory. Nothing more, nothing less. Because everyone knows that neither Casey Anthony nor Jose Baez has the super power or cunning to secretly plot out something so diabolical or do they?

I'm going to go back and watch the hearing again to confirm. I'm surprised this has not been discussed yet.
    Last edited by BondJamesBond; 03-22-2010 at 12:11 AM. Reason: title changed to match OP questionand to avoid confusion

You heard correctly.

Here's the link - at approx 17.30 mark

http://www.wftv.com/video/22877854/index.html

Baez retained June 17 as per his testimony under oath.

So Casey retained Baez as her lawyer 2 days after Caylee was last seen alive!

Any thoughts on this?
    Last edited by darnudes; 03-18-2010 at 09:23 PM.

* thud *

My thoughts...I hope the SA's can keep track of all of these curious morsels of informations.
    Want to Make a Difference? Here's Your Chance! Click HERE to Support Help Find the Missing Act - Billy's Law

Yeah, what BeanE said.
    Last edited by JBean; 03-18-2010 at 10:06 PM. Reason: wrong bean :)

Have cell tower pings from June been released?
    This sounds vaguely familiar to me - like KC pinged somewhere near JB's office before she was arrested and it was speculated she might have been talking to him - and something about she or someone she knew knowing JB's daughter????

JWG - decoder of ping maps - are you there? help . . .
    Last edited by Tiki; 03-18-2010 at 09:40 PM.

So many times during questioning throughout this case "Casey" becomes "Caylee" and "Caylee" becomes "Casey" and June becomes July and July becomes June, that I think this is probably just a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentjbkent View Post
    I know court documents log his first appearance as July 17th, so wonder if this is just a major fauz paus on the part of Mr. Baez....but if not....INTERESTING...

Wonder if SA caught that??? At least watch Baez squirm when he is called out on the discrepancy?
    He was testifying under oath and I can't believe the SAO did not pick this up. I don't think he made a mistake at all - he seemed very clear about the date.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
    Have cell tower pings from June been released?
    This sounds vaguely familiar to me - like KC pinged somewhere near JB's office before she was arrested and it was speculated she might have been talking to him - and something about she or someone she knew knowing JB's daughter????

JWG - decoder of ping maps - are you there? help . . .
    Yep, I remember this very well although JBJ and JWG are probably the experts on this. I am going to go back and look at the cell phone/ping records for Casey and see what is there.

Quote Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
    Yeah, what Jbean said.
    My JBean disguise worked!!!

I know court documents log his first appearance as July 17th, so wonder if this is just a major fauz paus on the part of Mr. Baez....but if not....INTERESTING...

Wonder if SA caught that??? At least watch Baez squirm when he is called out on the discrepancy?

The first appearance date and the date retained would most likely not be the same date.

I hope SA did catch that. Also, the defense has turn in their accounting to the Judge by end of day tomorrow. I wonder if the Judge will then just consider this on his own, or have another hearing to bring it all back in to public view?

All kinds of hugs!

ROSIE

DaughterAlice is offline ''I'm sorry if that sounds selfish, sweetie, but it's me! Me! Me! Me!''
    If he was retained on June 17th...

immediately following her arrest, why would she file for indigency and why would she have been assigned a public defender for her first bond hearing?
    Because she's - just - that - stupid.

(AIIII!!! DaughterAlice slaps herself! BAD GIRL, BAD GIRL!!!)

Sorry . . . . sorry.

Okay, seriously, what if she truly DID retain her JB on the 17th of June? It's not like she'd been arrested before. Maybe she was just following along like a cow on a path. "Walk here, look this way, hold this, sit there, sign this . . ." Or maybe even she thought she could look more pathetic if she showed that she was indigent. Hmm, strike that. She doesn't want to look pathetic . . . she wants to look glamorous.

Quote Originally Posted by darnudes View Post
    Yep, I remember this very well although JBJ and JWG are probably the experts on this. I am going to go back and look at the cell phone/ping records for Casey and see what is there.

There's some discussion here thru' post #12. Still looking, but i'm not too great on the ping maps.
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73218"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73218[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    My JBean disguise worked!!!

You look awesome.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast