Out-of-control hugging leads to ban at Portland's West Sylvan Middle School

Blue_Dolphin308

We can't help everyone, But everyone can help some
Reaction score
Go for it. No PDA (personal displays of affection) is a rule in many schools. If it were just simply hugs, that would be one thing, but at school nothing is ever simple.

I'm dealing with my child being bullied in middle school. I've even stayed with him part of the day, for several days, in the classes and at lunch, in hallways etc. because he asked me to. I've missed work because of it.

Witness this overbearing hugging going on, also, "wrestling", screetching/screaming/yelling during transition to classes and loud swearing. Have complained about it, but told that unless an administrator or teacher sees it, little can be done.

I'm dealing with my child being bullied in middle school. I've even stayed with him part of the day, for several days, in the classes and at lunch, in hallways etc. because he asked me to. I've missed work because of it.

Witness this overbearing hugging going on, also, "wrestling", screetching/screaming/yelling during transition to classes and loud swearing. Have complained about it, but told that unless an administrator or teacher sees it, little can be done.

Why are the admins and teachers not in the halls during class change? It is so important to be seen by students all over the school. Teachers should stand outside their rooms; admins should be in the halls. I would ask about this. If the halls are a zoo during transitions, it is because they are not well-monitored. There are 2000 students in our school; we have very few problems with transitions because teachers and administrators are very visible. Of course we have problems, but this behavior would not be tolerated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back