Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Dance for Mackenzie Cowell fundraiser

When:
    Friday, March 26, 2010
    7:30 PM - 12:00 AM PDT

Hosted by:

JL Photography & Video!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Liz For This Useful Post:

Something that I've pondered ever since LE said they knew she/or her phone was at the boat launch at 3:40pm was-- if they knew this about her exact location at that moment, then they must also know the whereabouts of her/or her phone BEFORE AND AFTER that point, up until the last ping at 5:42pm. Unless the phone was turned off after 3:40pm.
    Last edited by love_to_dig; 03-21-2010 at 02:07 AM.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to love_to_dig For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by krista View Post
    I have a hard time believing that anyone in the Hurd family would be dumb enough to park MC's car at their own property.

But is it possible that the killer had a reason for going to THAT house and parking MC's car there specifically? In other words, is it possible that MC's killer wanted to place the blame on someone in the Hurd family....or wanted to get them in trouble.

If Mr Hurd was involved in construction, is it possible that the killer could 'strongly dislike' him....hate the competition...have had problems in the past....and wanted him to be out of the picture just like MC was now out of the picture? Kind of a 'kill' two birds with one stone?

Or, if one of the Hurd children was attracted to MC.....maybe a jealous bf, a jealous wannabe, didn't like that the boy was hitting on/flirting with 'his' girl??

Complete guessing here. I know nothing about Wenatchee or Chelan, but it would seem like there would be a closer, better location to place MC's car.
    Well there is someone who dumped his trash on the property of the Hurds, in January 2009 (according to a 911 call). Maybe the same person dumped a car there as well in February 2010.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to No More For This Useful Post:

Noticed this after I posted about the fundraising dance in my previous post:

"The Dance For Mackenzie Cowell be a fundraiser to help raise money for the funds needed to catch her killer, and funds for the family. Charge is $10 at the door. All funds go to Cowell Fund."

(BBM)

It says funds needed to catch killer ... yet all funds go to the Cowell Fund. Hmmm, interesting, imo.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liz For This Useful Post:

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ginnii345 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ginnii345 View Post
    Those all have been posted here before. There are a few other odd ones (possibly related) that week that could be posted as well.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to No More For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by love_to_dig View Post
    Something that I've pondered ever since LE said they knew she/or her phone was at the boat launch at 3:40pm was-- if they knew this about her exact location at that moment, then they must also know the whereabouts of her/or her phone BEFORE AND AFTER that point, up until the last ping at 5:42pm. Unless the phone was turned off after 3:40pm.
    ASSUMPTION: Could be they know that exact moment because they have it on video. Once she left the boat launch area, (with her phone I imagine... at least for a little while), they might only be able to known her approximate location by way of cell phone ping triangulation, (that would be if the cell phone was even left on until the 5:42 pm ping - it has been described as an on/off ping, (meaning phone wasn't left on between those times), but that was only a comment left at a WW article, (that I know of).

Of course, there has been talk and speculation, (although no RUMOR that I know of), that the phone could have had GPS enabled. This could be very helpful because ping location isn't an exact science and is only treated as circumstantial evidence, (according to the cell phone expert who has posted here previously). Of course, this is just my opinion and recollection of previous postings.

Funny thing is, LE also stated to a WS who was walking down at the boat launch that LE also KNEW her car was there at 3:40 pm. Knowing the cell phone was there could be GPS... or possible ping location... but knowing MC was with her phone AND her car was there too makes me believe they have video. Since this is also the last communication on her cell phone it makes me believe she met up with someone right than also, (meaning video might also contain the "suspect").

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alt.theory For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Noticed this after I posted about the fundraising dance in my previous post:

"The Dance For Mackenzie Cowell be a fundraiser to help raise money for the funds needed to catch her killer, and funds for the family. Charge is $10 at the door. All funds go to Cowell Fund."

(BBM)

It says funds needed to catch killer ... yet all funds go to the Cowell Fund. Hmmm, interesting, imo.

I have to admit this event seems a little "unusual" - the sponsor is a local photographer with a myspace page that claims to do modeling portfolios among many other events, like quincianearas?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Gone Too Soon For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by greencross View Post
    It is #16 down in blue (I did last name, first name, and O as the middle initial). It is an SB (subpoena) line 147 ( JF's name is spelled without the c).
    I viewed some of the Huffman documents and JF was listed as having been served with a subpoena for phone records. The sister/wife's phone records were subpoenaed as well.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Moonsabove For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gone Too Soon View Post
    I have to admit this event seems a little "unusual" - the sponsor is a local photographer with a myspace page that claims to do modeling portfolios among many other events, like quincianearas?
    a coming of age ceremony for 15 year old girls. His assistant is also 15.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to No More For This Useful Post:

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Moonsabove For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gone Too Soon View Post
    What I think is unusual is that he used to be on Mackenzie's F/B friends list but has since unfriended her. (?) Nevertheless, I'm glad somebody is doing something to keep Mackenzie's name out there, at least. I would imagine his 'good will' will help boost his image in the community, and help him drum up a little business in the future. JMO

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Liz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by humwhatsup View Post
    I had said it before, that I Personally KNOW a business owner in that block, I had asked them if LE talked with them. The answer was clearly NO. You would think they would have spoke with all owners, employees, possible customers if they had seen anything unusual in the parking lot. The owers I know, called LE on their own and stated a weirdo was kissing and licking motion at their window before they opened. To my recollection only, I beleive that happened after LE found MC
    They wouldn't feel any need for questioning if they already knew where she went and who she was with. IMO.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girlfawkes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by girlfawkes View Post
    They wouldn't feel any need for questioning if they already knew where she went and who she was with. IMO.
    I agree, but it will look very bad when the defense attorney starts asking LE why they didn't investigate other avenues/suspects. LE was counting on an open and shut case on this one based on a confession or direct evidence. If they are forced to attempt to present a case based mostly or entirely on circumstantial evidence this kind of action could sway a jury. When you stare at any one person hard enough you will always be able to find some amount of circumstantial evidence.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alt.theory For This Useful Post:

found something interesting on mc video the truck up against the lightpole looksan awfull lot like the cb guy who owns the bars. maybe its just me but wonder how long the truck was their. another thing i noticed the video not that great of quality but wouldnt her taillights have flashed when the doors were unlocked. unless someone was in the car already.
    Last edited by thecrux; 03-21-2010 at 06:59 AM.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thecrux For This Useful Post:

Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast