Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    Snipped from article:

"She said she picked up the items and was ready to throw them away Tuesday, but her husband called the sheriff’s office, thinking they might be related to Smiley and Azriel’s disappearance."

http://www.theolympian.com/2010/03/1...o-mystery.html

I think the woman found the articles on Sunday, but, according to this article, kept them until Tuesday/Wednesday until she knew the significance of them, and contacted LE after hearing of Shantina's & Azriel's disappearance. I think the other article that said they were found on Tuesday was inaccurate.

It looks like were found on Sunday morning, but not turned in to LE until Tuesday/Wednesday.
    To understand the soul of a horse is the closest we humans can come to knowing perfection.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sorrell skye For This Useful Post:

Loving the Lord amongst the beautiful evergreens..
    Quote Originally Posted by 90Nine View Post
    I did a little project:

Where her van was found:

This shows where the road ended and she came onto the beach. It also shows the distance comparison to the cove that the tide goes to and from the photos looks like the water goes several feet high. I've circled the area where the road ends and made a line to where direction in which she parked

Cove:

Another shot of the end of the road and where she parked:

Higher tide - kind of puts all of the other photos into perspective:
    [IMG]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...oach2_t607.jpg[/IMG]
    Reposting - it was missing a photo...
    Last edited by 90Nine; 03-21-2010 at 02:39 AM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 90Nine For This Useful Post:

Loving the Lord amongst the beautiful evergreens..
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief View Post
    That 3rd photo your showing, is this accurate? She was down a slope and would have walked up an incline then back down into deeper water? Maybe thats where they got in trouble trying to walk away from the van.
    It is accurate. I can't tell how many feet into the shore she was, but it looks like the higher tide would leave her about 20 or so feet out if you include the cove area - which looks to be (from other photos) about 4 feet high or more. It's hard to tell.

I posted another photo though so you can see the depth I'm talking about.
    Last edited by 90Nine; 03-21-2010 at 02:44 AM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 90Nine For This Useful Post:

Where did the photos come from? They are very good, thank you.
    Its the 4th i am talking about, they could have walked right into deeper water.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Beyond Belief For This Useful Post:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/TheLaw/sha...ry?id=10134521

Among the leads to emerge was the report from Charles Grimmer, who lives a half a mile from the beach where Smiley's van was found in the water. Grimmer reported that someone had knocked loudly and repeatedly on the garage door about 1 a.m. Sunday, Mealy told ABC News.

I seem to remember that someone looked up the house where the knocking was heard @ 1:00 a.m., but I don't remember where it was, or which direction it was (east or west) from the van.

At any rate, according to this article, it was about 1/2 mile from where the van was found.
    To understand the soul of a horse is the closest we humans can come to knowing perfection.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sorrell skye For This Useful Post:

http://www.theolympian.com/2010/03/1...o-mystery.html

The shoe that washed up on shore Sunday was small enough that it might fit a child, said Cora Tunbert, who found the items while walking with friends near her Island View Court home. She also found a baseball and an orange rubber ball, she said.

“There’s always stuff on the beach,” Tunberg said. “(But) it was an unusually large amount of stuff on the beach.”

She said she picked up the items and was ready to throw them away Tuesday, but her husband called the sheriff’s office, thinking they might be related to Smiley and Azriel’s disappearance. Investigators arrived at the Tunbergs’ home Wednesday morning to pick up the items, she said.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sorrell skye For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sorrell skye View Post
    http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/TheLaw/sha...ry?id=10134521

Among the leads to emerge was the report from Charles Grimmer, who lives a half a mile from the beach where Smiley's van was found in the water. Grimmer reported that someone had knocked loudly and repeatedly on the garage door about 1 a.m. Sunday, Mealy told ABC News.

I seem to remember that someone looked up the house where the knocking was heard @ 1:00 a.m., but I don't remember where it was, or which direction it was (east or west) from the van.

At any rate, according to this article, it was about 1/2 mile from where the van was found.
    I wonder if the garage is on the street side or beach side of the house. Most people knock on doors even in an emergency. If we knew if their 1/2 half mile from the scene ( Grimmer)was the same 1/2 mile mentioned in the items article (Turnberg), we could figure if this is related or not.
    Last edited by houndstooth; 03-21-2010 at 03:00 AM. Reason: specify

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to houndstooth For This Useful Post:

If the shoes were together and they were wearing them don't you think they were together when the shoes came off?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beyond Belief For This Useful Post:

Link to map of Island View Drive, where the knocking on the garage door @ 1 a.m. occurred. Don't have the exact address.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&cl...ed=0CAgQ8gEwAA

ETA: shows where it is in relation to Zangle Rd.
    Last edited by sorrell skye; 03-21-2010 at 03:11 AM.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sorrell skye For This Useful Post:

That looks too far away to have any involvemnt with the van location.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beyond Belief For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by houndstooth View Post
    Hey Trig! When I finally saw where this road is I was convinced that you had to know it was there to start with. As in been there before. If it were an accidental turn off by her, you could see with your headlights this was not a good road to the interstate! You would just back out and turn around and not go down there to take a chance on getting stuck or running off into the creek and flipping over.

So much of her actions seem to be to leave a breadcrumb trail to establish her whereabouts at certain times. It was no accidental anything from where I see it. Everything seems to reflect some sort of preplanning. To what end for her son we know. Sadly. For herself, we don't know what outcome she planned. It is grossly intricate to be for a planned suicide. And doesn't seem like the thought popped in her head later, either. Yet she made no logical attempts to save her son or presumably herself.
    BBM

I agree - this doesn't seem to have been an accidental detour. Too remote, obviously not the way to I-5, and unless someone knew where that narrow gravel drive down to the beach was, how could they find it, and why would they go there, unless they knew where it was & where it led to?
    Last edited by sorrell skye; 03-21-2010 at 03:24 AM. Reason: fixed typo

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sorrell skye For This Useful Post:

BBM

I agree - this doesn't seem to have been an accidental detour. Too remote, obviously not the way to I-5, and unless someone knew where that narrow gravel drive down to the beach was, how could they find it, and why would they go there, unless the knew where it was & where it led to?
    I know! It looks like it turns off a private drive anyway. It is so out of the way you would only find it if you knew what to look for.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to houndstooth For This Useful Post:

On that note, I'm off to bed, folks. Got an early day in the a.m.

Night all!

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sorrell skye For This Useful Post:

On that note, I'm off to bed, folks. Got an early day in the a.m.

Night all!
    Me too. I should have been gone 2 hours ago. Goodnight.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to houndstooth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    I believe these are the stairs leading up to the house of the person that heard the knocking.
    Damn, those are stairs? It looks like long pieces of wood not stairs, but ok.

I can't imagine anyone climbing those things in the dark. And that's the house that heard the knock on the garage? Sorry, I'm confused a little with all the links to different houses and parts of the beach. TIA

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evelyn24 For This Useful Post:

Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast