Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Originally Posted by lilcatt View Post
    Hi, I am new to this board. There is one thing that has been bothering me all day, I wonder if anyone else saw it. There was video or story where someone mentioned that they should look on some island, they said there was a smaller island near it. I keep thinking that it might have been RS, but not sure. It would have been in the last couple of days. I have looked and looked but can't find it.
    Earlier yesterday someone mentioned activity in the Harborview Drive over Gig Harbor. But, that was as much as it has been said. Nothing more, so it must've been nothing.

I am puzzled by how far from the van the boy was found, though I have read the currents there are very strong and it's possible.

He was carried by the currents so fast, and nobody saw him, even with helicopters, ground, and water searches.

I always thought that things dumped in the shores tend to stay closer to where they are dumped, and that lighter things travel faster than heavier things in water.

I read that the currents in Puget sound run clockwise, which mean they move East to West when they are coming in, and leave West to East, in this case both ways going through that inlet under the Tacoma Narrows Bridge.

But when there are obstacles, like isles, the waters take a motion of their own.

The area is unique, because there's just that one inlet that runs under the bridge to let water in and out, there is no West outlet, so eventually everything being flushed from the different Harbors will flow under the bridge.

Reposting this because the thread was closed and the OP may miss the answer.
    GROW...

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lipin One For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post

A mark is evident is shown on the passenger side of the abandoned van of Shantina Smiley Tuesday March 16, 2010 in Tumwater,Wash., which was found on a beach near Zangle Road Sunday, with no trace of Smiley or her eight year-old son Azriel Carver. (AP Photo/The Olympian, Steve Bloom)

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world...perSizeImage=y

No damage to the van in the first pic, so we know it happened after that stop.
    Excellent sluething. The first picture, I believe, was taken at the Handy Pantry at 7:55 PM?

According to a time line, 9:55 p.m. – Lt. Mealey says there is more surveillance video of Shantina stopping off at a local store on a rural county road. The store was closed, so she left. If the pic below that I snipped from a video is from that surveillance video, then the marks on the side of the van do not appear to be there at 9:55 PM. (I wish I could find a better shot of the actual video.)

The store where this video was taken appeared closed, and the occupants of the van did not appear to get out of the van. It looks like it just pulled up and then left.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ajfa; 03-20-2010 at 04:42 AM.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ajfa For This Useful Post:

How far, by car, is the place, the boy's body came ashore? Maybe someone gave S and son a ride to the other side?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nancee Drue For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jessigirl View Post
    My opinion of this being NOT possible(door or doors remaining open throughout high tide)is completely based on personal experience. While snorkeling in Hawaii we made the mistake ONCE of snorkeling of the shore at high tide time. And my personal experience was that of an extremely forceful motion sucking me out further into ocean. On a different vacation was witness to a very similar situation I had, but the high tide was even more forceful in sucking a grown man further and further out. I know for sure that on either of those 2 occasions the force in which the tide rolled back out asW enough to more than shut any vehicle's door. And if you completely disagree wit what I am saying as far as the force of motion of the wAter and that the high would not haave the ability to shut a vehicles door then how could so many believe that it swept 2 people out(atleast one for sure, poor little az)
    I'm only trying to explainmy logic and whe re I am "coming from" on the idea of the doors not remaining open during that time. (excuse typos, tired and typing on phone keyboard)

Yes but this is the peuget sound not the open ocean. im no excpert onn tides. but the tide coming in on thocean and the sound as i have wittensed are a lot different. mini van side door may have shut with the tide but doubtfull as it snugs to the car pretty well. If The rear hatch was to be shut by the tide i would think the tide would have had to fully engulff the rear of the van.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thecrux For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post

Off Zangle Road NE in North Olympia is a narrow gravel road leading to the beach where the van Shantina Smiley had been driving was found. The entrance to that gravel road is marked by a red arrow. (Photo courtesy of reader Robert Dashiell)

[I]This is near the end of the beach access road where the van Shantina Smiley was driving was found. At the end of this graveled road is a very sharp drop-off to the right. The red dot marks the approximate location of the vehicle, which was removed by investigators Sunday. The waterway to the left leads to Boston Harbor. (Photo courtesy of Robert Dashiell)
    [/i]
    [

http://www.kitsapsun.com/photos/gall...pearance/8911/

Help was right at the top of that hill. I just wonder why she didn't persistently try to get someone's attention.
    A very narrow steep path/road. So the "drunk" lady who couldn't manage to miss a curb, drove down this steep path/road? Finding it alone was quite a bright eyed wonder, then driving down it and not driving off the side? wow.

Then she gets stuck in the mud?

This story is just too wierd.

moo
    \
    Last edited by yosande; 03-20-2010 at 05:51 AM.
    My Opinion Only..MOO

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to yosande For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by yosande View Post
    A very narrow steep path/road. So the "drunk" lady who couldn't manage to miss a curb, drove down this steep path/road? Finding it alone was quite a bright eyed wonder, then driving down it and not driving off the side? wow.

Then she gets stuck in the mud?

This story is just too wierd.

moo
    \
    LOL, I posted the same thing back a few. I don't think I could have done it in the dark, completely sober. Truly amazing she made it to the bottom.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jamiect For This Useful Post:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...issing20m.html
    'snipped'

Pierce County sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer said Friday that a plane had been sent up to look for her in the general area where her son's body had been found. In an e-mail Friday night, Troyer said the search will not resume unless new information turns up.
    Mealy said his office planned no searches this weekend.

bbm: I had not read this before.
    No searches?
    I guess they are just taking a wait and see method.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dreamweaver For This Useful Post:

It seems they feel she is in the water, and just waiting.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

They WILL perform toxicology testing on Az.

Autopsy of boy yields few clues

Thurston County sheriff's officials said Friday that they were no closer to figuring out what happened to a missing Silverdale mother and her son after an autopsy revealed the 8-year-old boy had drowned.

[snip]

The Pierce County Medical Examiner’s Office conducted an autopsy and determined the boy drowned and ruled his death accidental. A toxicology report will be conducted, which is standard procedure.

“There’s no signs of violence to the body,” Stines said after receiving a report from investigators present during the autopsy. She declined to elaborate.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Loving the Lord amongst the beautiful evergreens..
    Quote Originally Posted by 90Nine View Post
    continuing from Allyn's post:

http://icestream.bonnint.net/seattle...2010193258.mp3

This is amazing to me: He says that she hasn't had a drink in 2 years - it's assumed by the media and everyone listening that she hasn't had a drink in two years.

So not true - we know that because we saw her in a photo drinking a beer in Feb 2010 while they were on a little vacation!
    I just found another link to RS's personal blog which talks about that trip to the Gorge. It talks about the pizza place where SS was drinking the beer. It talks about the winery they went to and how this place was in Castle Rock and is her stomping grounds.

I'm dumbfounded that he had the ball$ to say on national television that she hasn't had a drink in two years (as mentioned in the above link to his interview recently). You can tell his reply is slow with that. He totally lied.

I called KOMO 4 news and discussed this issue with them. Because this is not good. It's lying to America about a major tragedy. They said they already have the information.

Why is our media so slow to discuss this? Any thoughts? It's a huge story which really changes everything. What else has he lied about. His credibility is totally shot IMO.

Here is the RS's blog link:

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&gl=us

**Edit** All of the pictures on this blog entry, you can scroll over and they will become large, except for Shantina drinking the beer! Where's Nancy Grace?
    Last edited by 90Nine; 03-20-2010 at 04:14 PM.

20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to 90Nine For This Useful Post:

A day after a boy's body was found on an island beach in Puget Sound, authorities searched unsuccessfully for his missing mother.
    Pierce County sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer said Friday afternoon that a search plane was sent up to look for Smiley in the general area where her son's body was found.
    http://sify.com/news/no-sign-of-miss...uoExgjiji.html

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

Just saw the above, somehow missed it. Explains it, then.
    Last edited by SMK; 03-20-2010 at 04:15 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to SMK For This Useful Post:

A sign at Vinland Elementary in Poulsbo mourns the loss of 8-year-old Azriel Carver, who was found on the shoreline of Fox Island on Thursday.

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2010/m...#ixzz0ikYGPVFY

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

As to why the body took that long to show up... from a book I have on Forensic Pathology:

When a person drowns, the body sinks, assuming a position of head down, buttocks up, and extremities dangling downward. Unless there are strong currents, the body will not move very far from its initial position.... In deeper water, the body stays below the surface until decomposition begins and gas forms; the body then gradually rises to the surface. In very cold water, the body might stay submerged for months before decomposition creates enough gas to bring it to the surface.

Loving the Lord amongst the beautiful evergreens..
    I'm trying to post that link on my FB page and it is blocked from posting. It won't allow me to post anything regarding RS, SS and the case. What??

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 90Nine For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast